Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72328 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Bad And Not So Bad)
« Reply #585 on: August 14, 2012, 02:49:15 am »

((Flagro's spirit will no longer threaten the Valhalla with his presence, hooray!
Really though, thank you. I've wanted an end to this duel for a long time.))

Crawl into the water and hug Lamar-Algae's body tightly so I don't have to aim. Subject him to intense necrotic radiation.

well if you're gonna try killing me again i may just have to help my kelp take over your mind and then steal your character out from under you.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 14, 2012, 03:13:55 am »

((Flagro's spirit will no longer threaten the Valhalla with his presence, hooray!
Really though, thank you. I've wanted an end to this duel for a long time.))

Crawl into the water and hug Lamar-Algae's body tightly so I don't have to aim. Subject him to intense necrotic radiation.

well if you're gonna try killing me again i may just have to help my kelp take over your mind and then steal your character out from under you.

I let you live when we arrived at the cave, contrary to what my character's orcish common sense told him to do. Look what it led to.
I tried to put you in control of one of Draignean's plant monsters, even though killing you would be easier. Look what it led to.
I tried to put your body back in working shape without killing you or the plant. Look what it led to.

No, Irony has already shown us that half-measures won't work in this game. Do your worst; you won't change my mind.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 14, 2012, 03:24:53 am »

A) not my fault there was no skull in the cave, go fishing... fish have skulls
B) you merged our souls thus preventing it from taking over instantly, you took it one step too far when you tried taking it over completely, its your fault you're in a mind duel
C) taking over the plant thingy doesn't fix my body... it partially enslaves me, beside being a plant is useful in the long run.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 07:11:40 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 14, 2012, 03:42:35 am »

A) not my fault there was no skull in the cave, go fishing... fish have skulls
B) you merged our souls thus preventing it from taking over instantly, you took it one step too far when you tried taking it over completely, its your fault you're in a mind duel
C) taking over the plant thingy doesn't fix my body... it partially enslaves me, beside being a plant is useful in the long run.
A) The skull was my primary goal in killing you, yes, but I also had a point about killing you so that everyone in the party doesn't die trying to heal you.
Right now, one half of the party is dying due to Nirur trying to heal you and dying, then Caellath trying to heal him and making things worse, Spinal_Taper trying to heal him and dying as well...
B) If I am not mistaken, you died the turn after. And couldn't do anything while the plant was slowly taking over your body.
C) No, it doesn't fix anything, but it would give me the means to hold the plant still if it suddenly went berserk on us. I've seen one too many plants go berserk on the players to just sit idly by twiddling thumbs, healing people while you're being taken over by the green horror.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 14, 2012, 04:07:48 am »

A) The skull was my primary goal in killing you, yes, but I also had a point about killing you so that everyone in the party doesn't die trying to heal you.
Right now, one half of the party is dying due to Nirur trying to heal you and dying, then Caellath trying to heal him and making things worse, Spinal_Taper trying to heal him and dying as well...
B) If I am not mistaken, you died the turn after. And couldn't do anything while the plant was slowly taking over your body.
C) No, it doesn't fix anything, but it would give me the means to hold the plant still if it suddenly went berserk on us. I've seen one too many plants go berserk on the players to just sit idly by twiddling thumbs, healing people while you're being taken over by the green horror.
A)I cant help it if Nirur managed to roll a zero and that Irony took creative liberties with spinals action due to poor clarification on his part, which also happened to me and is one of the reasons we are in this predicament.
B)i didn't die my heart just stopped and i actually want to be a plant man because of the benefits it provides, such as not dying when my heart stops.
C)Plant cant do anything to hurt you until i wake up and then i can fight it IF it even goes berserk.
D) stop being a douche

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 14, 2012, 06:07:58 am »

A)I cant help it if Nirur managed to roll a zero and that Irony took creative liberties with spinals action due to poor clarification on his part, which also happened to me and is one of the reasons we are in this predicament.
B)i didn't die my heart just stopped and i actually want to be a plant man because of the benefits it provides, such as not dying when my heart stops.
C)Plant cant do anything to hurt you until i wake up and then i can fight it IF it even goes berserk.
D) stop being a douche
A) Agreed; what happened is not your fault, if only because your character was out cold the whole time. Nevertheless, we are in this predicament already, and we're dying like flies. We're going to be dying like flies in a Venus Flytrap if I don't do something about the weed.
B) 'Technically Dead' status message and de-facto being unable to influence anything counts as dead in my book, regardless of whether you are a plant-man or not.
C) *shudder* You haven't played the Staggered Magi. In Irony's games, the player isn't on top of the food chain, he's not even one of the predators - he's prey. I'd rather not take any chances.
D) My character is a half-orc necromancer with a goatee. Your comment is now irrelevant.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:10:26 am by HmH »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 14, 2012, 08:44:20 am »

A)the weed is at present harmless and in future going to give such benefits as to allow draignean to make weak acid grenades.
B)technically dead means no heartbeat, plants dont need hearts so if i fleshwarp mine away that means my character instantly dies? i think not.
C)no i didn't but that's cos this is my first RTD so stop being a dick and ruining it.
D)what your character is or has does not negate your douchery.

bored of arguing now, irony is not going to make my plant half attack when im at -10 hp so quit being a dick and go club a seal or something.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 14, 2012, 08:47:40 am »

Did we jump into Meta here?

Death occurs in Irony's games. Always.

This game is moar lighthearted (and still in the Prologue!  :P)

Also, stop attacking Hmh, and stop trying to influence the GM through this trivial nonsense. You can't predict IronyOwl because Irony. Period.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 14, 2012, 08:50:17 am »

ill stop attacking HmH when he stops trying to kill off my character.

and i stand by my prediction because if the plant was to attack it would die in 1 turn and thus the entire thing would be pointless.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 14, 2012, 09:15:21 am »

ill stop attacking HmH when he stops trying to kill off my character.

and i stand by my prediction because if the plant was to attack it would die in 1 turn and thus the entire thing would be pointless.
Personally, I know HmH won't go PC-KILL without a good reason, IC mostly. Have you pissed him off, IC? Don't attack other players, you've a 1d6 chance...It's not like you'll...die or anything. Fix it thru PM, as it doesn't look like a good idea to drawl on the matter on-thread, and without the double parentheses for OOC comments.

And...don't try to outguess the GM. Or you're tempting fate.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 14, 2012, 09:18:17 am »

to my knowledge i haven't pissed him off before the whole calling him names due to trying to kill me again thing, i just get irritated when people jump to killing off player characters instead of just relocating potential threats that may not even occur or simply moving away themselves.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 14, 2012, 10:39:45 am »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:57:28 am by HmH »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 14, 2012, 02:32:31 pm »

((tl;dr: I'd rather you didn't kill Lamar right now.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 14, 2012, 03:48:02 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:53:49 pm by HmH »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 14, 2012, 04:36:57 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43