Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72530 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Not Again)
« Reply #420 on: June 03, 2012, 01:30:20 pm »

well maybe cloning the blood inside it is a bad idea... Maybe creating some kind of a cloned blood pool nearby would be better...
Itd have to expend energy to reach and absorb it, hopefully giving us time to escape, plus if the pool is outside of the plant you can dispel the magic without worrying about defence rolls....

also WTB sleeping potion IRL
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Not Again)
« Reply #421 on: June 07, 2012, 01:06:20 pm »

Prologue: Still Alive...!

Rhedarios turns his gaze to Rachel, smiling and appearing at ease. The people who were already freed should stay in safety.
"You should stay back and rest, Rachel. We will be joining you as soon as we escape this. Just stay out of the vines' reach."

Escape.
[4+1] vs [5+3] The vines' grip is too tight, and you fail to wriggle free.

[8+3] vs [2+1] They drain [3] a fair bit of blood.

-3 HP

Expand my Force Armor to loosen the vines' grip on me and run away.
[5+2-2] vs [4] You expand your force armor, allowing you to wriggle free of the vines' crushing grip. [4] You make it out of range of the plant's thrashing limbs.

+2 Metamagic

alter my dream and use my subconscious mind to cast the most basic fire  spell imaginable... Draw heat...

draw all heat from the vines touching me into a thin shell coalescing under the surface of the vines flesh where it makes contact with my body...

spell will dissipate if contact is broken.

Edit:actually i think i will just rest and regenerate again... fire magic hasn't helped me so far
if regeneration is a guaranteed fail due to being grabbed again i think ill just try to taste bad
[4] You dream that you taste really bad. Hopefully that will dissuade any real-life giant plants from eating your delicious blood.

It [4] doesn't.

-4 HP

Gustavo was disappointed. The first thing that their group does is get hit by an Imperial patrol, then second they create a biological monstrosity that is hostile towars everything. "This is catastrophic. Most of the group captured, while she just stands out there twiddling her thumbs. Damn Rogues."

He channeled more necromantic energy over his skin, sending it into the vines wherever they touched his skin.
[6-1] You surround yourself with a weak green flame, scouring the vines with necrotic energy where they grapple you.

[7+3-2] vs [3] The vines draw out [6] a massive quantity of blood, searing themselves in the process.

-6 HP

Drain Life from the plant, especially the part of it that stores blood.
[4-2+2][8+2] vs [7+3] The plant catches your wrist as you attempt to drain its life force. Your fingers just barely fail to reach it.

[9+3] vs [5+1] The vines wrapped around your body drain [2] a bit of blood.

-2 HP
+1 Necromancy

Kelpify the vines around me to make them slick, then escape, again.
[6-2+2] You render the vines surrounding you slippery again.

[8] vs [7] You barely manage to wriggle free, and [3] make it far enough for the vines to have difficulty reaching you.

[4+2][10+2] vs [10+3][4+3] The free ranger fails to do any damage, while the trapped one hacks himself free. They [3] make it far enough for the plant to have difficulty reaching them.

[1] The plant screeches, writhes, and slackens its grip. You doubt it'll be attacking soon, and it might have difficulty holding on.

Neither Rachel nor the knight do anything of note.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Still Alive...!)
« Reply #422 on: June 07, 2012, 01:22:04 pm »

Rhedarios just stays silent for the time being. This is already getting repetitive.

Escape.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 07, 2012, 04:47:45 pm »

"Goddamn it." Gustavo tries to escape.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 07, 2012, 09:16:08 pm »

((well then.. guess im dead unless Nirur heals me and someone gets me the hell outta there... whoever saves me gets first genetic abomination :D))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 07, 2012, 09:19:24 pm »

((You need to pick the person who'll inherit your mask after you die.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 07, 2012, 09:22:57 pm »

Dessicated corpses tend to have difficulty writing wills, you know. :P

Plus, if he dies I'm not sure any of you are ever going to bother getting back to his corpse.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 07, 2012, 09:26:00 pm »

((People live and die for loot in RPG-esque games. Even better if said loot comes from your deceased companion.))
>Yes?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 07, 2012, 10:36:55 pm »

Dessicated corpses tend to have difficulty writing wills, you know. :P

Plus, if he dies I'm not sure any of you are ever going to bother getting back to his corpse.
((Don't you worry, I'll revive him just so he can throw the mask to me.))

Wreathe my body in necrotic energies like Gus did and wrestle my way out of the plant's grasp.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:46:36 am by HmH »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 07, 2012, 10:38:53 pm »

...I'll revive him just so he can throw the mask to me.))
All for the loot!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 07, 2012, 10:40:05 pm »

All for the loot!
((Go away, disembodied voice.))
>Yes?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 07, 2012, 10:42:37 pm »

All for the loot!
((I never said I'll revive him permanently.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 08, 2012, 01:14:59 am »

All for the loot!
((I never said I'll revive him permanently.))
(( just long enough to make an attempt at transcending physical form :D))

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 08, 2012, 04:52:03 am »

(( just long enough to make an attempt at transcending physical form :D))
((You'll autosucceed at transcending physical form when your health reaches -20. No need to try again when I reanimate your dead body.))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 08, 2012, 06:37:37 am »

((Alright, alright, I'll try to save him again.))

"I'll try to save the masked guy again, if anyone wants to help. I think he's still alive."

Use magic to drag the probably-corpse out of the plant's grasp and over here.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43