Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72539 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Shanks)
« Reply #180 on: May 15, 2012, 11:50:17 pm »

((@Caellath: i hope you fail first then roll a 1-1))
((That would result in something like the rogue Rogue running off with him, I presume. I would prefer her name be Rachel or Tasha. Those are good prefixes for rogue rogue.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 15, 2012, 11:54:02 pm »

Clarence was losing his sense of amusement over this girl. Too many knives, no sense of decency. "Look, I'm five times your age and I'm starting to get cranky. Behave like an adult or I'm going to take away your air until you start acting like one. You have until the count of three. One..."

IF Caelath's puppy eyes attempt fails, then threaten to take the girl's air way. Then, if she doesn't back down, transmute the air she's breathing into pure nitrogen instead of just mostly nitrogen.

IF Caelath succeeds, then just harrumph at the woman like the old fellow I am. (And make those earth vials I talked about as soon as we get outside.)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 16, 2012, 04:00:37 am »

Prologue: Cutthroat

"Ah, sorry! That was supposed to be a regrowth spell. I'll try an easier one."

Cast Cure Least Wounds!
[3-1+1] You close up a bit of his wound.

Heal Lamar for 2 HP
+1 Restoration

Rhedarios suddenly has an idea. Either it works or it is shanks for everybody. And the fact the rogue woman seems awfully good at dodging and stabbing people does not contribute to their current situation.
"Lady, could you not hurt them? I know some of them are bad, but they are my traveling companions...You could join me on our trip if you so desire and decide to refrain your impulses of stabbing people. Pleeeease?"
Puppy-eyes her into not attacking my companions and tagging along instead.
[1+1] "Oh no, I'm not leaving you with these freaks. You're mine."

She squeezes you very tightly and glares at your comrades.

Gus walks near the door and sits in the shadows, watching the situation unfold. If violence ensues, try to break up the fight without killing anyone. Shortly after, he brings his head up and walks to the trash can, where he takes the largest bottle he can.
Get ready for a fight, check the trash can for a weapon, anything the size of a beer bottle is acceptable
[5] You find a chair leg in there. Apparently something had gotten damaged recently and been junked.

Acquired chair leg

dammit man you inverted the goddamn arcane polarity. Im taking this here bendy stick and buying myself a drink while you fix your incantation
Mutter curses about the leg rotting then pick up the bendy blade and limp over to the bar.
Heat her blade to just below melting point if she tries stabs anyone else.

if she pulls out yet another knife set her shoes on fire.

[6] You grab her bendy knife, cutting yourself on the still-sharp parts.

[2-3+2] You scald your own hands attempting to heat up her knife. It's not just painful, it's debilitating.

-1 HP
-5 HP
Scalded Hands: -1 to any action requiring touching with hands
+1 Fire Magic

Oh, Eric didn't mind at all to be a silent contribution to Fluffy's getting shanked, but the situation seemed to escalate quite nicely without his help. Eric decided to attend to other matters, such as redeeming the tragic lack of tools in his inventory.

He left the tavern, leaned against a wall and started morphing mud under his feet into a round, hollow shape about two inches in diameter, a hole in its top, looking like a primitive clay jar. Such was Kelhor's method of making a quick-and-dirty soul storage device: he would later fill the jar with blood, seal it, then use the blood as a material base for the soul-binding spell. The container could be made from anything, but earth-like materials symbolized a grave, which, Kelhor believed, eased the process and reduced the speed of soul's decay outside a body.

Join the Captain on the tavern's outside. Use Earth Magic to make a Soul Jar from pressed mud.
[5-2+1] You mold the mud beneath your feet into a tiny solid jar, which you then pocket to avoid getting it wet.

+3 Earth Magic
Gained: Empty Blood Jar Soulstone

The woman flashes you a :3.
((Waaaaait a minute. That reminds me of someone.
Is the woman wearing a yellow cloak, perchance?))
The woman's attire is primarily red and white with some black; red pants, white shirt, black boots, for instance. She could probably be a pirate, though just as easily a rogue in general.

Clarence was losing his sense of amusement over this girl. Too many knives, no sense of decency. "Look, I'm five times your age and I'm starting to get cranky. Behave like an adult or I'm going to take away your air until you start acting like one. You have until the count of three. One..."

IF Caelath's puppy eyes attempt fails, then threaten to take the girl's air way. Then, if she doesn't back down, transmute the air she's breathing into pure nitrogen instead of just mostly nitrogen.

IF Caelath succeeds, then just harrumph at the woman like the old fellow I am. (And make those earth vials I talked about as soon as we get outside.)

[3-2+1] You fail to meaningfully transmute her air.

[10+2] vs [1-1] She responds with a vicious blow to your windpipe that knocks you clear out of your chair.

[6] vs [2] You hack and cough, your voice sounding different than normal. A quick check reveals that you can't speak anymore- that blow must have damaged something important.

-12 HP
+3 Dodging
Now Dabbling Dodger
+1 Transmutation
Cannot Speak

The barkeep clears his throat loudly and pointedly, keeping a casual eye on the woman.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Cutthroat)
« Reply #183 on: May 16, 2012, 04:49:07 am »

((oh god oh god im gonna die))

run outside and stick hands in the mud to cure scalded hands
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 05:22:45 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2012, 05:13:07 am »

After a few moments of casually standing against the wall thinking where to get some blood, Eric hears a scream and a thud coming from inside the tavern.
"Captain, let's go check this out. Seems like the situation's gotten interesting."
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:19:51 am by HmH »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2012, 05:33:20 am »

The woman flashes you a :3.
((Waaaaait a minute. That reminds me of someone.
Is the woman wearing a yellow cloak, perchance?))

:3

((SC does it better though.))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 16, 2012, 05:43:07 am »

Create a hollow cylinder of magic around her elbow and try to straighten it, forcing her to drop Caellath.

Prepare to trip her with ropes of magic if she tries to leave with Caellath.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 11:12:37 am by Nirur Torir »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 16, 2012, 07:02:53 am »

((Oh wow. She is quite the skillful woman. But Rhedarios is going to be kidnapped and abused in non-sexual ways which hold sexual meaning for him if the things stay as they are.))

Rhedarios looks at the damage caused so far and winces as the woman squeeezes him.
"Could you please stop trying to attack this lady? If you have not realized that by now, she can take you down with only a couple of blows. Please lady, consider my offer, they are just trying to help me and mean(t) you no harm."
((I mean it, let me try to convince her. If I get shanked, then it is my fault. As you can see, if you are particularly unlucky, you might get torn in two with two of her attacks. That also goes for you HmH, let Fluffly try to handle this.))

Puppy-eyes her into not attacking my companions and tagging along instead. Again. And again and again and again if needed.

The situation was degenerating fast. It would only get worse if he was unable to do it. And the woman had played with his ears, oh God, she had been his first. He wondered if he was about to cry.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:07:01 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 16, 2012, 07:05:40 am »

((I mean it, let me try to convince her. If I get shanked, then it is my fault. As you can see, if you are particularly unlucky, you might get torn in two with two of her attacks. That also goes for you HmH, let Fluffly try to handle this.))

you mean aside from whats already happened to me?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 07:11:59 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 16, 2012, 07:16:42 am »

you mean aside from whats already happened to me?
((Yep. But if you analyze it, if you guys just give Rhedarios some space instead of trying to kill and maim her, then the fluffy dragon has a shot at convincing her. And she has already shown how skillful she is first-hand. Also, if I do not make it, she'll either shank or molest Rhedarios, and none of those are cool.
Also, trying to use any magic and accidentally missing the rogue lady and hitting my character instead will probably make her even angrier. Just a note >.>))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 16, 2012, 07:18:12 am »

((interesting concept))

Throw fireball at Rhedarios joke action, do not perform
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 07:57:39 am by Unholy_Pariah »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 16, 2012, 07:46:39 am »

Throw fireball at Rhedarios
((You do know you'll die, right? Because it'll be both me and the crazy lady attacking you.))
>Yes?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 16, 2012, 07:52:58 am »

i was kidding :P
cant throw a fireball at you if im outside with my hands in the mud

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 16, 2012, 07:53:58 am »

i was kidding :P
cant throw a fireball at you if im outside with my hands in the mud
((The GM may still take that as an action. It is in bold and it was not cancelled. >.>))
>Yes?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 16, 2012, 07:58:23 am »

Clarence choked and tears of pain filled his eyes as he felt something swell up in his throat. This was a very naughty woman indeed, she was going to be a bit big for time out. "........! ...........................................,..........................!! ......," Clarence whispered faintly around his injured throat.

IF Diplomacy continues to Fail: Transmute that blasted air of hers again, do it right this time.

IF Diplomacy miraculously succeeds... Make those benighted vials.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:18:36 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43