Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: So they found more of the mayan calender.  (Read 18024 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: So they found more of the mayan calender.
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2012, 12:07:55 am »

What is this? Another wizard of comparable power? Now I must use my own strength in an exceedingly flashy manner so that you yield before me.

Yea, on this date next year, it will be a Saturday. The next year, a Sunday.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2012, 12:19:44 am »

I have been granted divine knowledge: In the year Two Thousand Sixteen, the world shall tremble as another day is inserted into the Second Month, called by the people of that time "February 29th". This unholy day shall be a Monday, named after the collective pantheon of pagan gods known in some cultures as "Mons", savage beasts captured within orbs of power, bound to the will of mighty priests and shamans. Yea, and the darkness shall spread over the land as time itself is shattered in this end of days, this "Leap-Year".

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2012, 06:45:13 am »

Wait, I know when the world is really ending. I've got my calendar right in front of me, and when you get to December 31, 2012, it just ends!
It's ok, I found my old calender from 2000, and it says we're already dead, so the world can't end. Twice.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2012, 05:17:30 pm »

This isn't going to stop me from throwing my Apocalypse Party, as well as messing with people during my 10-year reunion next year.

An interesting social experiment, hide this fact from the people, and let's see if we can get a population boom as a result. It would also be a fun way to troll humanity; especially the end of worlder types and the types that don't want to die alone (regardless background or appearance), so they set their bar really low and get it on with anything with 2 legs. That's my hypothesis, I await the results.

EDIT:
Noticed in the article also had a suicide watch for the types that 'don't wanna die (horribly)'. Brilliant choice there, suicide: Take one horrible death (that's pretty much not coming) for another (which guarantees death by one's own hand). If God truly does exist, he'd be facepalming at everyone who takes this path.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:26:38 pm by Itnetlolor »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2012, 05:49:47 pm »

If all it took were a contradictory scientific discovery to dissuade people who believe in this shit, they would've stopped a long time ago.  This is just one more ugly piece of reality to contort their theories around.
Shoes...

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2012, 05:53:22 pm »

If all it took were a contradictory scientific discovery to dissuade people who believe in this shit, they would've stopped a long time ago.  This is just one more ugly piece of reality to contort their theories around.

As was foretold.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2012, 05:56:12 pm »

Huh, I completely forgot about Harold Camping's second prediction until I saw this thread.  At least he's stopped trying to find the date now.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2012, 06:29:45 pm »

It's ok, I found my old calender from 2000, and it says we're already dead, so the world can't end. Twice.

So we really were dead all along...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2012, 12:24:28 am »

Wait, I know when the world is really ending. I've got my calendar right in front of me, and when you get to December 31, 2012, it just ends!
The world will end as many times as it feels like, dammit! It told me so.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:31:11 am by Itnetlolor »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2012, 04:00:54 am »

Huh, I completely forgot about Harold Camping's second prediction until I saw this thread.  At least he's stopped trying to find the date now.

He actually had a stroke recently, and he can do literally everything but talk coherently. So maybe he learned his lesson from that.

As seen here.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2012, 06:14:37 am »

10100 years. Various scientists The heat death of the universe is a suggested ultimate fate of the universe, in which the universe has diminished to a state of no thermodynamic free energy and therefore can no longer sustain motion or life.

Hah! This is why I've stocked a "heat death bunker" full of thermodynamic free energy. And cans of beans.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 11:14:07 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2012, 06:45:28 am »

10100 years. Various scientists The heat death of the universe is a suggested ultimate fate of the universe, in which the universe has diminished to a state of no thermodynamic free energy and therefore can no longer sustain motion or life.

Hah! This is why I've stocked a "heat death bunker" full of thermodynamic free energy. And cans of beans.
UberDwarf challenge:
Go into cryo-stasis for
100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,001 years to survive the end of the universe

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2012, 06:48:15 am »

aka, get in the beta for notch's new game?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2012, 07:59:31 am »

Oh god looking at the list of dates predicted for apocalyptic events article, this has to be the funniest.

In Leeds, England in 1806 a hen began laying eggs on which the phrase "Christ is coming" was written. Eventually it was discovered to be a hoax. The hoaxster had written on the eggs in a corrosive ink so as to etch the eggs, and reinserted the eggs back into the hen.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2012, 08:12:29 am »

He actually had a stroke recently, and he can do literally everything but talk coherently. So maybe he learned his lesson from that.

As seen here.
Even God wants him to shut the fuck up.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8