Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: So they found more of the mayan calender.  (Read 18017 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: So they found more of the mayan calender.
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2012, 08:58:48 am »

Huh, I completely forgot about Harold Camping's second prediction until I saw this thread.  At least he's stopped trying to find the date now.

He actually had a stroke recently, and he can do literally everything but talk coherently. So maybe he learned his lesson from that.

As seen here.
Even God wants him to shut the fuck up.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2012, 08:59:18 am »

What would you do if a dude was embarrassing you like that? :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2012, 09:10:17 am »

Move to British Columbia, and adopt a new identity, complete with a fake mustache. :P

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2012, 10:10:44 am »

I'll be on the lookout for absurd mustaches now.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2012, 10:51:52 am »

Great, now how am I supposed to justify the expense of buying a crossbow?
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2012, 11:01:50 am »

Inflation = Money will begin floating, and soon crossbows will be superior to wallets

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2012, 12:26:57 pm »

For those who are REALLY bummed about this, thinking a cyclic calender could have actually ended and were looking forward to it...

The last major Mayan era change corresponded with the arrival of the Spanish Conquistadors.

I for one look forward to meeting our new alien overlords and their brutal faith of repression. I just hope they choose to share their medicine with me when they inevitably get us all sick.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2012, 12:34:45 pm »

Inflation = Money will begin floating, and soon crossbows will be superior to wallets
wat
Loud Whispers, are you sure YOU havent suffered a stroke?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2012, 01:12:12 pm »

wat
Modify a crossbow enough, and you can always justify paying with pennies at high velocity.

You can always deliver the good ol' Bond one-liner "Keep the change" after taking someone down with that.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2012, 02:28:07 pm »

Personally, I think the only really reliable way to tell when the world is going to end is to find out when Half Life Episode three will come out.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2012, 02:30:47 pm »

wat
Modify a crossbow enough, and you can always justify paying with pennies at high velocity.

You can always deliver the good ol' Bond one-liner "Keep the change" after taking someone down with that.
And immediately after that, go into a monologue with moar one liners.

"Spare change
£1.03

Penny action crossbow
£40.00

Eliminating your enemies with prosperity...
Priceless."

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2012, 06:12:18 pm »

Personally, I think the only really reliable way to tell when the world is going to end is to find out when Half Life Episode three will come out.
Well, one of the seals broke when Duke Nukem Forever got released (despite some disappointed reviews). The principle is that it finally got released. Since then, all kinds of things have been going weirder than usual.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2012, 06:16:59 pm »

Well, one of the seals broke when Duke Nukem Forever got released (despite some disappointed reviews). The principle is that it finally got released. Since then, all kinds of things have been going weirder than usual.
Apparently one of the others is FFC; it will contain more cutscenes than can physically exist in the universe.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2012, 08:43:20 pm »

Oh god looking at the list of dates predicted for apocalyptic events article, this has to be the funniest.

In Leeds, England in 1806 a hen began laying eggs on which the phrase "Christ is coming" was written. Eventually it was discovered to be a hoax. The hoaxster had written on the eggs in a corrosive ink so as to etch the eggs, and reinserted the eggs back into the hen.

AHAHAHAHAHA, that's great. The four hens of the second coming.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2012, 10:38:57 am »

Crossbows? Everybody knows the most economically stable item on the planet is the graphical calculator. I swear they cost exactly as much as they did twenty years ago....

In Leeds, England in 1806 a hen began laying eggs on which the phrase "Christ is coming" was written. Eventually it was discovered to be a hoax. The hoaxster had written on the eggs in a corrosive ink so as to etch the eggs, and reinserted the eggs back into the hen.

Somebody has to recreate this...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8