Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Game that make you feel like a Big Shot!  (Read 10555 times)

Jimmitheking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Game that make you feel like a Big Shot!
« on: May 11, 2012, 07:47:32 pm »

Hello!

I'm a little depressed right now, and i'm searching for a game that could make me feel like a big shot...
I mean, well, a game that put me in the skin of a winner...
Best exemple is Mass Effect series...
You'r guy's a big shot in that, you know... Pride, everyone loves you and all.... Perfect game for a looser who want to feel like a winner!
Unfortunatly, the series has an end....

Like i said, i'm searching for a game that makes you feel like a winner....
Sci-fi are my favorits....
But anything else is good too!

Thanks in advance!

PS: I think there's already a topic like that, but i couldnt find it even in search....
"I’m waiting for “Sausage Factory Worker 2011: Conveyor Belt Controller Edition”"
That's soon to come, im sure of that!

Just Cause 2 is like if Spiderman joined Al'queda.

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Game that make you feel like a Big Shot!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 08:30:41 pm »

I remember feeling pretty powerful playing prototype. You also can try and get laid irl, I know that works for me. Mount & Blade and the X series gave me that feeling too but in fact I think games won't have the same effect on different persons so I'm not sure these will work for you. Last but not least haxball is a simple multiplayer flash game, and when you master it (kind of) you feel very powerful raping your opponents.
I can't think of other games right now but if I do I'll make sure to tell you

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 08:34:52 pm »

Getting involved with girls =/= cure for depression.

Play some Diablo. Kill demons. Roll in the blood of the slain >:3

Samio

• Bay Watcher
  • ˙uǝʌǝ ʇ,uop ı sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 08:41:06 pm »

This.

No, but seriously Crysis because of the suit.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:43:40 pm by Samio »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 08:45:06 pm »

There's some awesome moments in the Modern Warfare series that get the ol' adrenaline running.

You can also try a 4X game, like the Civilization series, and watch as your unstoppable army/culture/technology/whatever slowly but surely take over the world.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 09:15:12 pm »

Just Cause 2 is the absolute best game for this ever.

It's shooty, yeah.  But it lets you do things like lure an enemy patrol truck to an airport, then attach their truck to a departing airplane with your grappling hook.  Also, what other shooters let you pick up machine gun emplacements and haul them around, complete with infinite ammo?

You also get to blow up all the things.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 09:28:39 pm »

It's shooty, yeah.  But it lets you do things like lure an enemy patrol truck to an airport, then attach their truck to a departing airplane with your grappling hook.  Also, what other shooters let you pick up machine gun emplacements and haul them around, complete with infinite ammo?

You can also use your grappling hook to SURF on the nose of a JET! Made me feel like a bigshot. :D

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 09:40:23 pm »

Saints Row series, especially 2 and 3.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 10:48:19 pm »

Doom plus Brutal doom mod.

If you do the berserk pack execution kill on an arch vile I swear you'll feel awesome.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 10:59:15 pm »

If you enjoyed GTA but wanted more, this is the way to go. If you just want to feel like a freaking awesome guy doing freaking awesome things without any reason or motivation beyond freaking awesome, you can't beat Just Cause 2. There's no more awesome feeling than flying high into the air, seeing a random plane, skydiving into its path, grappling onto it, taking it over, crashing it into whatever object you feel appropriate, and then using the grappling hook with your parachute to escape the angry natives. The plot is Grade A Dumb, but, in spite of that, some of the missions are pretty fun.

Did I mention there's a giant island to explore, with thousands of things to blow up?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 11:17:47 pm »

Prototype (Badassitude Factor: Gelatinous) - If you like plummeting from the sky and watching concrete explode beneath you when you land, this is for you.

Lemmingball Z. (Badassitude Factor: OVER 9000!) - If you like DBZ, and you get some cathartic release from building up an energy ball that takes up 1/4 of your screen, than this is for you.

Devil May Cry 4. (Badassitude Factor: Smarmy) - If you want to freestyle combos together and slam enemies around with your ghostly demon arm, this is for you.

Batman Arkham Asylum (Badassitude Factor: Gritty) - If you want to seamless, almost magically bitch the shit out of 8 guys, thrashing them to within an inch of their life, this is for you.

Batman Arkham City (Badassitude Factor: ~{ERROR}) - If you want to seamless, magically, beat the shit out of 16 guys, thrashing them to within an inch of your life, this is for you.

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine (Badassitude Factor: Epsilon) - If you want to be 10 feet tall and clad in 1 ton of power armor, shredding baddies' insides with your chainsword, this is for you.

Red Faction: Guerrilla (Badassitude Factor: Heavy Gauge) - If you want to literally dismantle an entire building with a sledge hammer, this is for you.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (Badassitude Factor: Superior Being) - If you want to move faster than the human eye can follow, and punch dudes 20 feet down the street, this is for you.

Hrm, I guess I didn't really read your post that deeply. These games all make you feel like a big shot, but not necessarily like the hero everyone looks up to. Most of these are anti-heros. I guess Batman gets pretty close to that.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 01:32:33 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 12:36:50 am »

Red Faction 2 (Badassitude Factor: Heavy Gauge) - If you want to literally dismantle an entire building with a sledge hammer, this is for you.
Red Faction 2 didn't have sledgehammers and only had one or two smashable buildings. I'm going to have to suggest The Ultimate Doom and Doom 2. If shooting thousands of zombies in the face with shotguns dosen't get your mind off of depression, I don't know what will :P
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 01:32:48 am »

Whoopsie.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 03:36:15 am »

Like suggested before, Prototype fits the bill perfectly. Makes you feel like one hell of a badass ^^

As a new game suggestion, I recommend the Earth Defense Force series. Those games are one hell of an experience! Blasting away giant robots and huuuge amounts of giant bugs is great fun!

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 03:41:18 am »

I really loved Prototype for whenever I wanted to feel like a BAMF. Hope Prototype 2 is better, but sequels ...

Just Cause 2 is another one for just raw, stupid fun. You can pull of amazing stunts in it while causing a lot of destruction.

But if you're looking for something that puts you in the shoes of a BAMF that is loved and respected like Commander Shepard, that's a bit harder. I mean, Batman to an extent fits that description ... but those games aren't really the same as Mass Effect when it comes to interacting with normal people.

I can't really think of any that fit what I suspect your asking for :( But I wouldn't mind playing one myself :)

Hope you feel better soon.
Pages: [1] 2 3