Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Pulse - Boyd  (Read 11966 times)

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse - SANDMan
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2012, 06:52:48 am »

I have no idea what to do here, but I wanted to drop in to say that this seems to be fantastic so far. Thank you Forsaken for yet another excellent game.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2012, 06:54:28 am »

Have all the tanks fire at the autocannons from the furthest possible distance that guarantees reasonable accuracy. Next have the APC's advance with their troops. Have Anti-Ifantry cover as the engineers lay down explosives. Then also anti-vehicle cover.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2012, 07:56:14 am »

You order the tanks forward, loading orders into their simple pilot programs to engage at extreme range and lay down volley fire to cover the approach of the APC's. This fight will be decided by the infantry, that ridge is too precarious to support all of your armor anyway and who knows what is lying in wait among the broken ground and low earthworks.

Your tanks roll into position and their disruptor cannons open up, lobbing violent packets of code into the hillside. Where it impacts, there are brief flashes as the code spreads into the surrounding earth. The ground blackens and cracks, craters forming as your weapons erode the system architecture. Several times you see the telltale flashes of kills as viral forces are eliminated by the raging disruptions in the system, their algorithms flashing and sparking uselessly as the logic strings break. Polygons and primitives scatter from the hillside, debris from your devastating assault. The autocannon targeting systems come online and rake your tanks with low-calibre packets of viral infection but the ablative logic shields hold, neutralizing the incoming rounds.

Under the cover of your assault, your APC's surge forward. They too are raked by fire from the autocannon but it is only slightly more effective. A few viral rounds strike the propulsion subsystems on one APC, but the vehicle blows the track and continues forward on the bare wheels leaving the track behind to be consumed by viral logic. The APC's disgorge their deadly payload, infantry antivirals rushing forward across the broken ground. Their charge is met by a counterattack from the ridge as hidden infantry pop up and the firefight is on.

Your forces have the advantage, and the infantry lay down a withering cover of antiviral rounds while the engineers move in to lay charges. Your tanks automatically shift fire to track fire along the ridge where the viral infantry have popped up, and the second volley goes forth. The ridgeline is rocked again as massive packets of disruptive code detonate, further eroding the ridgeline and nearly annihilating the viral infantry forces. That has always been the virus's weakness, its lack of foresight. It showed its hand too soon and gave your tanks a perfect target. Two titanic detonations mark the end of the autocannons as your engineers finish their work, now safely back with the APC to rearm.

Antiviral infantry rush the ridge to cover as the engineers bring fresh charges forth to finish the artillery. Soon the position is silenced, and the ridge is yours. You are surrounded by broken and twisted wreckage, smoke billows from the hulks of the autocannon and artillery. There is an ammo cache nearby but viral rounds are useless to your forces, the weapons are incompatible.

Your infantry squads were not destroyed, so a quick protoformat brings them back to full strength. The tread of the APC is not so easily replaced, however. Its drive subsystem was heavily corrupted and you may have to abandon the vehicle as it is below 1/3 normal speed. Regardless, you can now approach the bunker unopposed. Inside, if you are very very lucky, you will find something to win this war once and for all.

-----

You are Commander Ford, and you have just spent an hour reading first contact procedures. They are ridiculously detailed but the essence is that:

1. You must not interfere with the natural development of a primitive culture1.
2. You must portray the Imperium in the best possible light.
3. You must comply with the command directive2.

1 - Primitive Culture is defined as any culture not possessing clean fusion technology (or equivalent), or spaceflight, or one which is dominated by tribal superstition which would interfere with peaceful productive diplomacy and trade. Final determination of Primitive Culture status is at the sole discretion of the commanding officer on scene.
2 - Command Directive states that first contact procedures may be disregarded in the following circumstances: 1. Imminent danger to the Imperium. 2. Detection of Au forces hiding in the system.

So... you could contact these people if you wanted to. You shut down the console and walk into your ready room, a small enclosed space just off the bridge where the commanding officer can rest while remaining nearby. You take out a uniform and have a quick shower while considering the possibilities.

You know that there are at least two living things on the ship aside from yourself. You know of at least three AI, possibly four. One of these is shut down and sealed, one of them is the one you have been conversing with. The other one (two?) you're not sure about. There should be a combat controller AI in the system but you're not sure if the low-power state has it shut down or what. The most frustrating part is the nagging feeling that you should know these things, but you can't remember. If only you could remember!

You change into a uniform, which feels nice. The smart fabric hugs itself to your body and automatically displays your rank and appropriate command symbols, medals, and piping. The built-in comp accesses your implants and small readouts on the sleeve become active, displaying health and metabolism information as well as ship status and sensor readings. The sensor model of the solar system is still compiling, and the diagnostic has 5 hours, 38 minutes left.

A small light remind you of the incoming repeated communication.

You key the indicator and a video window pops up with a man's face. It is an older man, greying hair but well kept wearing some form of uniform. Military then? What kind of primitive culture has an organized military. You see obvious rank insignia on his shoulder, so a hierarchical command structure. Details click into place, assisted by your logis implants. The man's name is Boyd, according to a small nametag on his uniform. The color scheme is a strange black/green/tan spatter, some kind of camouflage? There is nothing in the records to indicate that this world even has a military. The survey reports primitive locals engaged in tribal wars and yet you are receiving a directed modulated radio emission.

Should you reply? What will you say?

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
Re: Pulse - Boyd
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2012, 08:07:35 am »

Ask what the hell is going on

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2012, 03:37:51 pm »

> Do not respond yet, try to intercept stray communications and search for more clues about their level of development.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2012, 04:07:21 pm »

I can't remember, did we ask the AI what happened in the battle we were in? Also, what sort of weaponry does the Au use in ship-to-ship combat? If the unknown entities on this ship are Au, or are being controlled by them, it would imply there is an Au ship near by.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse - Impossible Fault Isolated
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2012, 06:19:20 pm »

Code: [Select]
> Nevermind my location. Give me a brief history of the ship.

Certainly Commander, one moment.

The HMS Ark (Service Tag EWDD-112) is one of 18 destroyers built for the Imperial Navy in 1290. Ark was the third ship of a series of EWAR destroyers designed to compliment larger combatant with its sophisticated electronics warefare suite and jamming systems, which included experimental Multi-Dimensional Radio Emissions (MDRE) systems designed to be undetectable to standard sensor systems.

Crew compliment: 25 + 2 passenger berths.

The HMS Ark served in the battle of Agoxx, 1293, the battle of Syntha, 1297, and the battle of Svarten's Rift in 1312.

The historical archive is intact, but the event logs are corrupted and fragmented Commander. I am attempting to reconstruct them.

I have reconstructed the event logs as best I can. The data is too fragmented to display visually, I will have to relate it to you via this channel.

During the battle of Svarten's Rift, the Ark sustained heavy damage to its port fusion impeller, port HELL battery, and primary fusion chamber. This caused a reactor overload which annihilated approximately 12% of the ship, including the primary AI systems. Secondary systems immediately sealed off the breach and no loss of life was recorded.

The event logs then indicate that the MDRE array received some sort of broadcast. I am not sure how long after the overload this occured, but following this broadcast the secondary AI initiated a shutdown of all main systems. The crew was placed into suspended animation due to the failure of the life support systems.

The Ark has been adrift for approximately 200 years. The event log contains nothing for this period as main power was offline and all systems were powered down aside from emergency repair units. The damage must have been quite extensive for it to have taken so long to repair.

Power systems came back online about 8 days ago, with the event log indicating that basic repairs had been completed in the interim and functions restored to operating tolerance. The ship appears to be fully functional Commander.

> Display Emergency Protocol 83

Emergency Protocol 83 is used when an Imperial vessel's AI system detects a primitive civilization. It is a disguise and obfuscation protocol designed to hide the presence of the Imperial ship from the denizens of a primitive culture so as not to alter or interfere with their development. It is a flag-level protocol and cannot be overridden without specific authorization from Fleet HQ.

In accordance with Protocol 83, the Ark is currently affixed to a small moonlet around one of this system's outer gas giants so as to avoid detection, and power levels are kept at minimum. Apparently the repair systems have done some extensive excavation of the moonlet as well, for raw materials used to repair the ship.

I believe that is the relevant part of page 3 :)

anyway, I believe we should/must answer. An unknown spaceship staying in the vicinity of a inhabited planet, but ignoring communications would be rude at best, and directly hostile at worse; We should portray the imperium, or whatever is left of it, in the best light possible, therefore we should open communications, but lets not start communication by beaming a hostile and aggressive AI over to them. However the primitive modulated EM radio waves, only had comm bands for audio and sound, with side-bands for text, so i don't think a simple EM communication can possible transmit a program, without the guys at the other end receiving it just as text.
Communication: well, i think the truth is a good place to start, as telling them the reason we have been hanging around for a very long time was we were battle-damaged, and that, we, the commander of the vessel, has just returned from an extended time in suspended animation because battle damage needed to be repaired.

Ask the AI for a muon spectrum sensor sweep to see if they have fusion, or if there are any radio em sources on other planets.

Ask the AI if there have been any traces of activity from the other AI (ie logs of the AI command codes being used), and if so, try to construct a time-line of how active those attempts have been with time, for each command code set.

and yeah, find out about if the Au use weapons beyond the "vaporize a large part of the ship" type. Is it also possible that the life signs are Au.

And finally, get the AI to check the maintenance bot programming, as the one outside the door seemed to be hostile; it should try to isolate any non-standard code fragments.
edit: fixed quote/code block.

also, if they have a presence on multiple planets then this is not a "primitive contact" situation, because they have space flight, and the communication indicates a military hierarchical, not any type of religious order.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 07:42:45 pm by andy_t_roo »
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

Dracken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse - Impossible Fault Isolated
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2012, 06:36:56 pm »

Code: [Select]
> Nevermind my location. Give me a brief history of the ship.

Certainly Commander, one moment.

The HMS Ark (Service Tag EWDD-112) is one of 18 destroyers built for the Imperial Navy in 1290. Ark was the third ship of a series of EWAR destroyers designed to compliment larger combatant with its sophisticated electronics warefare suite and jamming systems, which included experimental Multi-Dimensional Radio Emissions (MDRE) systems designed to be undetectable to standard sensor systems.

Crew compliment: 25 + 2 passenger berths.

The HMS Ark served in the battle of Agoxx, 1293, the battle of Syntha, 1297, and the battle of Svarten's Rift in 1312.

The historical archive is intact, but the event logs are corrupted and fragmented Commander. I am attempting to reconstruct them.

I have reconstructed the event logs as best I can. The data is too fragmented to display visually, I will have to relate it to you via this channel.

During the battle of Svarten's Rift, the Ark sustained heavy damage to its port fusion impeller, port HELL battery, and primary fusion chamber. This caused a reactor overload which annihilated approximately 12% of the ship, including the primary AI systems. Secondary systems immediately sealed off the breach and no loss of life was recorded.

The event logs then indicate that the MDRE array received some sort of broadcast. I am not sure how long after the overload this occured, but following this broadcast the secondary AI initiated a shutdown of all main systems. The crew was placed into suspended animation due to the failure of the life support systems.

The Ark has been adrift for approximately 200 years. The event log contains nothing for this period as main power was offline and all systems were powered down aside from emergency repair units. The damage must have been quite extensive for it to have taken so long to repair.

Power systems came back online about 8 days ago, with the event log indicating that basic repairs had been completed in the interim and functions restored to operating tolerance. The ship appears to be fully functional Commander.

> Display Emergency Protocol 83

Emergency Protocol 83 is used when an Imperial vessel's AI system detects a primitive civilization. It is a disguise and obfuscation protocol designed to hide the presence of the Imperial ship from the denizens of a primitive culture so as not to alter or interfere with their development. It is a flag-level protocol and cannot be overridden without specific authorization from Fleet HQ.

In accordance with Protocol 83, the Ark is currently affixed to a small moonlet around one of this system's outer gas giants so as to avoid detection, and power levels are kept at minimum. Apparently the repair systems have done some extensive excavation of the moonlet as well, for raw materials used to repair the ship.

[/quote]

I believe that is the relevant part of page 3 :)

anyway, I believe we should/must answer. An unknown spaceship staying in the vicinity of a inhabited planet, but ignoring communications would be rude at best, and directly hostile at worse; We should portray the imperium, or whatever is left of it, in the best light possible, therefore we should open communications, but lets not start communication by beaming a hostile and aggressive AI over to them. However the primitive modulated EM radio waves, only had comm bands for audio and sound, with side-bands for text, so i don't think a simple EM communication can possible transmit a program, without the guys at the other end receiving it just as text.
Communication: well, i think the truth is a good place to start, as telling them the reason we have been hanging around for a very long time was we were battle-damaged, and that, we, the commander of the vessel, has just returned from an extended time in suspended animation because battle damage needed to be repaired.

Ask the AI for a muon spectrum sensor sweep to see if they have fusion, or if there are any radio em sources on other planets.

Ask the AI if there have been any traces of activity from the other AI (ie logs of the AI command codes being used), and if so, try to construct a time-line of how active those attempts have been with time, for each command code set.

and yeah, find out about if the Au use weapons beyond the "vaporize a large part of the ship" type. Is it also possible that the life signs are Au.

And finally, get the AI to check the maintenance bot programming, as the one outside the door seemed to be hostile; it should try to isolate an non-standard code fragments.

+1
Hang on, you want us to be nice to the people??  You do realize that this is the bay12 forums, right?

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2012, 06:53:14 pm »

I personally think its best not to respond yet because of the possibility that the rogue AI thingamajig might hijack the communication and portray us badly.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2012, 08:02:20 am »

You decide not to respond just yet. You know nothing about these people, the Imperial scouting reports are clearly out of date or entirely wrong. 2000 years is a long time, even in the Imperium, but hardly enough for a people to advance from savagery to the sort of sophisticated electronics required to detect your ship and send a directed radio emission at it with modulated video and audio datastreams.

"Retask the system survey to focus on the area around the third and fourth planets and sweep for any other emissions sources."

"Yes Commander."

"Is it possible that the unknown life forms on this ship are Au?"

"No Commander. The ship's security scanners are capable of discerning the unique characteristics of Au physiology."

"I see. What sort of technology do the Au employ?"

"Much of Au technology is beyond the understanding of Imperial science. The Au utilize a form of stabilize plasma field to stand in for solid matter aboard their starships. These fields can be warped and changed as needed, their characteristics altered, even their density and permeability adjusted. This means that Au ships can reconfigure themselves as needed for the mission, and can change their hull shape and power signature. The same fields are used in microscopic applications to form Au circuitry and technology. Their weaponry can fire these 'hard plasma' fields as kinetic slugs or entice the plasma fields to produce lased light of incredible power. We do not know what power source the Au utilize."

"The Au themselves are a quadrupedal centauroid race. They have been described by humans as 'Gorillas with four legs' and are extremely strong in close combat applications. All captured Au specimens have exhibited genetic manipulation on a scale far outreaching Imperial science, though they have no implant technology to speak of and Au computer systems are crude at best by Imperial standards. Curiously, every Au specimen captured to date has refused any communication, even basic diplomacy, and have offered no reason for their sudden and unrelenting attacks on Imperial space. Specimens captured live will die within hours, even if placed on life support machinery. They are classified as the greatest menace to the Imperium, and the Emperor has vowed to all 380 million Imperial citizens that the Au will be wiped out and that Imperial space will be made safe again."

"I see. Would the type of combat damage we sustained be consistent with Au weaponry?"

"Yes Commander. A detonating hard-plasma round from an Au main battleship would cause the sort of catastrophic damage the Arc sustained. We are lucky we survived at all."

"Go over the security logs for the computer system and look for any indication of who or what placed the commands to shut down the diagnostic or isolated the computer nodes. Look for patterns, and any indication that there may be more than one entity at work."

"Yes Commander."

"Alright back to the people of this system... perform a scan of the third and fourth planet looking for any evidence of fusion technology or regular space travel."

"Commander, no evidence of fusion technology has been found. There are several nuclear fission plants across the third planet. Several objects are in orbit around the third and fourth planets but sensors reveal no active spacecraft. There is a very small research station in orbit with 5 personnel on board so the people here must possess some capacity for space travel, possibly utilizing chemical rocketry."

"They have a space station? Perhaps we could dock with them to establish communication then."

"Commander, the Arc masses three times as much as their 'space station'. While we could dock with it, the only benefit of doing so would be face-to-face communication with a race of devolved humanoids with unknown diseases and technology. I would recommend against the procedure."

"Noted. What about the emissions sources on the 4th planet?"

"The transmissions appear to be unencrypted telemetry data and scientific information, as well as low-quality video stills. It is likely from an automated unmanned drone or probe."

You lean back in the chair and press the bridge of your nose with your thumb and forefinger. So much to consider... but you really have little choice. You need assistance, and this dusty little planet of natives is the only thing nearby.

"Alright then. Open communications with the Thir-"

"Excuse me Commander, we're receiving another message from the planet. This one is in a different language. Correction commander, we are receiving two... three.... eight messages. All are directed radio emissions from different points on the planet."

Eight new video windows pop up to join the first. Eight new faces, two female and six male, begin speaking. The audio is filtered and separated by your implants easily and automatically.

After listening quietly for a moment, you realize... these are nations. An outmoded concept of dividing land upon a single planet amongst several governments, and one of the most unstable planetary political systems known to the Imperium. You will need to be very very careful here.

It appears that you have received messages from seven countries.

United States of America - The first one to contact you. It seems to be an electoral democracy. The man, a Mr. Boyd, has a hard face but kind eyes and seems trustworthy, if suspicious of you.
United Kingdom - A monarchy? They mentioned a Queen. Unusual for a monarchy to survive the industrial age. The male speaker dressed in some sort of suit jovially extended an invitation for you to land on their soil. As if the Arc could land on a planetary surface.
People's Republic of China - A communist state, apparently with a very high opinion of itself. The female speaker in severe businesswear urged you to disregard any other messages you received as fakes and deceptions. They claim to be the true power of the planet.
French Republic - A presidential republic. The male speaker is wearing an elaborate suit and came across as cultured and refined. He reminded you of Imperial nobility.
Federal Republic of Germany - The female speaker seems to be a scientist and doesn't seem certain who she is addressing. She simply extends a neutral invitation to open a dialogue.
Japan - A hard-eyed man in military dress demands that you identify yourself.
Russian Federation - Another presidential republic. The speaker is a man in a military uniform and demands to know your identity and intentions.

The other two messages are.. strange. One is a man in goggles who rants about what 'you' did to him when he was five and demands that you return his father. The other is a woman in a white dress holding several flowers who simply asks that you take her onboard. You nearly dismiss these last two until you notice that the woman has what looks like an implant socket on her left wrist.

"How... how many people live here? How many of these devolved humans are on the planet?"

"The population is roughly 6.9 billion Commander. I have not had time for an accurate count but that is my best estimate based on the observed data."

"By the Emperor... this one planet outnumbers the whole of the Imperium! They must breed extremely fast. The survey data for this system indicates a small tribal population of no more than a few million souls. And all this time no one has come because the survey reported no useful resources or interesting features." You draw a long breath, considering the possibilities. This world, given two or three more centuries of development, could overthrow the Imperium by sheer numbers provided they worked together and managed to avoid self-annihilation. Can you afford to contact them? The mere knowledge of technology beyond their ken could incite them to united action.

"Commander, according to a broadcast on one of their entertainment networks, the average gestation period for a child is only 9 months rather than the standard 24. However, their average life expectancy is only 70-90 years1."

"90 years? No wonder they've developed so fast. They have less than 1/5 our life expectancy, so they are likely driven to accomplish things. And look at their ears! Rounded off, no point at all. Exotic in a way, but quite clearly a devolved form of our own species. They must have been left here alone without support for a long long time... perhaps a colony of the First Imperium which was presumed failed and never heard from again."

"Well, I still need their help. This ship is in no fit shape to go anywhere, and cannot be crewed by a single person. But who to contact?"

1. All units of measure translated to earth standard for the ease of audience understanding.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2012, 08:21:52 am »

Initiate contact and tell them your theory globally.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2012, 08:40:29 am »

Initiate contact and tell them your theory globally.
You want to contact every nation and tell them that they are genetically inferior versions of your own species?

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2012, 08:44:11 am »

Descendants from the first imperium.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2012, 10:31:49 am »

We need to implement a command lockout on the comms gear; we don't want a rogue AI causing all sorts of issues here ...

"You want to contact every nation and tell them that they are genetically inferior versions of your own species?"

lets hold off on that atm ; these people are clearly independent, how else could distinct nations exist in such close proximity. Telling them that we may be their rightful ruler will only promote conflict.

erm, what polical structure does our great imperium have?

Could the news scans, commuications intercepts (if they have a space station, then there are probably many mundane civilian transmisions being bounced via satelite; should be easy to listen to if we can count people ...) and rate each of the nations according to;
a) fertile land area controlled (a good proxy for power, given how quickly they reproduce)
b) average energy density across the nation (good proxy for technological power for the nation)
c) freedom of subjects ; a proxy for trustworthiness -- if the government controls what its own citizens can/can't do and say, then we can't trust them to provide accurate information to us, and atleast 1 of the nations is sending biased information (china claims others are lying, either it is true, or it is lying itself)
c) total population ( a secondary indication of wealth, but a high population and low energy density would indicate poor living conditions ; comparing these numbers will give us a idea of how different the factions we are facing are).

d) percentage of the worlds population which speaks the same language. (again, a measure of the success of that people group)

e) are there any indications of recent conflicts between the different groups; china's message would indicate they are not all friendly

Perhaps we could broadcast a reply to each message in their own language "This is commander Ford of the Imperium Destroyer Ark. My intentions are peaceful, primarily concerned with self-repair. What are your intentions? Who is your representative? Could you please describe your relation to the other 6 nations who have contacted us."

Examine logs to see if there is any indication that during our time here we have had any shuttle/communication/other contact with these people, as atleast 2 individuals with resources appear to have claims that we have influenced their civilization.

the 2 individuals: the one who claims we have their father: "please give more information; we are not aware of any contact which would be in breach of our protocol 83 (non-interference with primitive culture)."

The "pickup request" : ask "why do you want to be picked up? (embed a command authentication query in the communication)

Tightbeam the 2 individual replies so that we do not alert the entire world to our reply to them, but broadcast all the other responses, so that each nation knows we are not playing favourites, just responding in a diplomatic manner.

Ask the AI: do we have any shuttles?
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2012, 10:39:22 am »

Before doing that, what detectable emissions is our ship giving off? If they've only just got space flight, how do they know we are here in the first place?
Also, where is here? Does this system have an asteroid belt, or is it a lone piece of rock that we are on?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6