Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Difficulty underwhelming *spoilers?&  (Read 1780 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Difficulty underwhelming *spoilers?&
« on: May 10, 2012, 03:36:04 pm »

At the very beginning of worldgen, there are a handful of demons that start out 'escaped' and function identically similarly to other titans/megabests/FBs, except those demons can become civ leaders.  This is a very old mechanic, although it probably now uses some new game mechanics introduced with the vampire identity-hiding system.  There isn't some place where the demons were actually released by a civ.

Yep. Furthermore, they have the skills:
Code: [Select]
[NATURAL_SKILL:WRESTLING:14]
[NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:14]
[NATURAL_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE:14]
[NATURAL_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE:14]
[NATURAL_SKILL:MELEE_COMBAT:14]
[NATURAL_SKILL:RANGED_COMBAT:14]
[NATURAL_SKILL:DODGING:14]
[NATURAL_SKILL:SITUATIONAL_AWARENESS:14]
(Grand Master)

When encountered as the leader of a civ, they will often be wearing clothing. Due to their large [BODY_SIZE:0:0:10000000], their clothing is rather thick and acts a lot like deflector shields. They also often wield a kitchen knife of some sort. They are probably the toughest opponent you can face in adventurer mode.

They are probably the toughest opponent you can face in adventurer mode.

Does anyone happen to have saves with the locations of such lovely law givers?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Difficulty underwhelming *spoilers?&
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 04:10:02 pm »

They're not as frequent this version. So far I've only seen one demon out of the 8 rulers I've encountered, and the ratio used to be reversed. If you really want to find one, look through Legends, find the bigger civilizations on the map, search the entries of their law-givers. You'll probably find at least one in any decent-sized world.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 04:38:58 pm »

Specifically looking for a fortress with one inside. I have yet to find one, and those damn vampires keep occupying every single civ ::)

Yet more reasons why they should die. Hmph.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 11:49:32 pm »

Then become Van DORF Helsing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 05:51:48 pm »

I just had a level where you spawned right next to a kangaroo demon diguised as a diety, but now that save only has him mostly crippled after several attempts at his life.

Mind you, once I got his knife out of his hands the battle became a lot touhger. I used to be able to parry his attacks, but his push attack has actually shattered my heart a few times.

I could get the seeds if someone told me how, I'm not sure if you'd get this exact same town agian, but who knows. I could also just post the thing as it is, because even with a slightly fractured skull and paralyzation below the neck, he's still the most deadly enemy I've ever found.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 05:54:15 pm »

I don't see the harm in checking out the save. A clown is still a clown after all ^_^

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 05:57:06 pm »

I would post it right now, but I don't have access to the computer that has the save at the moment, so I'll post it tommorow
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 06:41:37 pm »

I could get the seeds if someone told me how,

Go into Legends Mode for the region in question and hit 'p'. After that, the world gen info will pop up in your DF folder.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 11:11:23 am »

Mind you, once I got his knife out of his hands the battle became a lot touhger. I used to be able to parry his attacks, but his push attack has actually shattered my heart a few times.
It might seem very counter-intuitive, but I suggest trying to keep the knife in his hands. He should use that instead of his melee attacks, which are much, much more dangerous than that puny dagger.