Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multiplayer Zombie Sandbox Game  (Read 8189 times)

Cl34tu5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Multiplayer Zombie Sandbox Game
« on: May 10, 2012, 01:16:06 am »

UNNAMED MULTIPLAYER ZOMBIE SANDBOX GAME

Still in development, also, you need the byond engine, which, as far as I can tell, includes a bunch of worthless anime games, and the superb Space Station 13. I chose to make it in byond mostly because multiplayer programming is beyond my understanding.

Here is a link to BYOND if you choose to try this game. http://www.byond.com/ I don't think you need to even register, (But I could be wrong). When you start BYOND go to FILE at the top, then open location. Once there enter byond://67.167.142.18:64826 I will be running the server tonight for a while, and possibly tomorrow.

Currently, the game is just one small city, (Roughly 20 buildings?) But there are a good amount of features. Movable furniture (For barricading.), Zombies flood into windows. (Door are not damaged by zombies currently), Set clothes/gas pumps/etc.. on fire, raid supermarkets/hardware stores/houses/gas stations/clothing stores/ etc....., Craft things using grills,sewing machines,and other various machines/components.(You can also drag these machines, as they're too heavy to pick up, to a barricaded house to build up the ultimate hideout full of home-ey amenities), and a couple others I forgot.

The hunger and thirst systems are not in effect yet. In their absence food heals you.
This is not the final product here, so, don't judge TOO harshly, but if you like it, lemme know.
FUTURE FEATURES:
Morale - Can be raised with drugs/good food/music/etc.
Vehicles
A MASSIVE CITY

The controls -
Arrow Keys - Move
Right Click (Items) - Show menus
Left click (Doors) - Open/close
Left click (Movable furniture) - Drag/undrag (Click once to start dragging, click again to stop.)

Space - Attack in a direction.

Some screenshots of some buildings below.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 01:28:58 pm by Cl34tu5 »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiplayer Zombie Sandbox Game
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 02:17:23 am »

Huh, still no posts about this?

Seems interesting, too bad it's 3 Am where I'm at and I need to get to bed so I can go to work later, otherwise I'd try it out.

Kinda a shame it has to be on BYOND though, simply because I've noticed it can be pretty laggy, at least with SS13.

Cl34tu5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 02:19:16 am »

So far, no real lag, at least with 3 people. Max I've had so far (Friends only, I don't think anyone else has tried it yet. :| )

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 06:08:15 am »

Well, it's not going to lag for you if you're the one hosting it...

Personally, though, I'm really not fond of BYOND for anything other than the rare gem. The only one worth noting at this point is SS13.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Cl34tu5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 02:30:59 pm »

I'm running the server again today. It will be down intermittently, as I am currently working on the game and need to test things. But if you actually want to try this and the server is down, I'm watching this thread so tell me. Also, I'm getting a lot of hate from non Byond Members. (As I expected, its kind of frumpy,funky,junky. Overall shitty.) Can anyone point me in the direction of another multiplayer engine, or a library for C++? I'm not fluent in C++ but I feel like I could learn it quickly.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 05:09:40 pm »

OGRE

Cl34tu5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 11:52:31 pm »

UPDATES-

Equipment - Now shows up on your character, also adds carrying space. (Ex. A hoodie adds 3 slots, jeans add 2, backpack 5, etc.)

Barricading - Windows and doors may be barricaded to keep zombies (And other players) out of your house/base.

Crafting - Just overall more crafting

Hunger - If you don't eat, you'll die eventually.

If there is any interest in trying this game I can run the server whenever, I'll be checking these forums tonight.