Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Megaproject - The Spire of Armok (Now with pictures!)  (Read 59457 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: An AussieGuy Megaproject - The Spire of Armok.
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2012, 09:54:27 pm »

Surround clock with waterlock(or magmalock). A use for an otherwise theoretical device!

I did.  I'm also fairly certain I know how Mr DaVinci disabled the clock.  Spoilsport :-P

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2012, 10:13:38 pm »

Surround clock with waterlock(or magmalock). A use for an otherwise theoretical device!

I did.  I'm also fairly certain I know how Mr DaVinci disabled the clock.  Spoilsport :-P

Sent PM on locating and disarming method, as well as the improvement to make that not work in future versions.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2012, 10:22:04 pm »

Sent PM on locating and disarming method, as well as the improvement to make that not work in future versions.

Huh, wasn't even close to what I thought was done.  Clever and surprising though.  Can't actually stop the clock being located with that method.

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2012, 08:29:34 am »

Would you mind posting some screenshots somewhere for people who don't have Ironhand raws available?

This looks cool as hell but I can't run anything beyond vanilla DF on my mac.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2012, 08:41:06 am »

I believe there's a way to fix the raws between visualizers and raw ascii, isn't there?  Anyone know how?

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2012, 08:51:23 am »

I believe there's a way to fix the raws between visualizers and raw ascii, isn't there?  Anyone know how?

Just for the purposes of viewing/playing the map, I copied my (vanilla) inorganic_stone_x.txt raws to the downloaded save game's raw folders to overwrite them. I didn't bother checking to see if anything was made of cheese after the edit, but it made the map look better and playable.

Copying raws in other games might lead to the game crashing or other odd stuff if the person used mods on their map.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2012, 09:13:14 am »

I thought it might be that simple, but wasn't sure.  The game's unmodded.  Pure vanilla 34.07, save for the Ironhand tileset

gestahl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2012, 09:39:34 am »

Well so far I've perverted the HFS, Fire and now Death to my own means.  Water seems the next logical step.

Edit: Oh wait, I did do water already with the waterlock... Hmm... Oh well, the thing I want to do with an ocean is far bigger and outrageous.  If it works.
Bioshock:DF...Armored war elephants that are released when you don't create enough female dwarven child skull totems?

The people 'round here seem to be a rather unusually nice bunch; I can't imagine you're all sociopaths
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dwarven+child+care  :-X
Cultural assimilation through conquest.
Sure, got a few unburied corpses lying around

vicwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2012, 11:51:35 am »

I can bet my ass that the doom  o clock is in the HFS.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2012, 12:07:19 pm »

I think if that was the case there would be demons walking in on reclaim.  However, putting it down there and resealing hell would actually be a significant deterrent to tampering or finding the clock.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2012, 09:27:43 pm »

I think if that was the case there would be demons walking in on reclaim.  However, putting it down there and resealing hell would actually be a significant deterrent to tampering or finding the clock.

It isn't, though that would have certainly been interesting.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2012, 12:12:05 am »

When you say something is interesting, I get this strange image of Chase from House with a clipboard in a Weyland-Yutani facility next to a gore covered window.  Its awesome and disquieting at the same time.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2012, 12:42:55 am »

So has anyone let the Doom Clock run out yet just to see what happens?

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2012, 01:11:40 am »

I was able to locate the clock using without using dfhack or exploratory mining, and then disarm it.  8)

However, the method I used could be protected against in another version of the device.

It is also possible to protect against some versions of the "link it to the nearby floor/wall so the support doesn't matter" solution. Collapse the floor and drop the sky on top of the fort as well as collapsing the fort itself.

So much junk and dead bodies on the map. Reclaim scatter is annoying.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who appreciates weaponizing the sky :)
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2012, 09:25:53 am »

Now that it's been a few days and everyone's gotten a chance to meddle with the fort, I'm going to add pictures to the OP.  That said, could someone with stonesense do me a big favour and take some general exterior screenshots of the place?  Message me with the url to photobucket or whatever site is hosting them and I'll put one or two up alongside my level-by-level screencaps and credit for whoever took them if they want it noted.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8