Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Masterwork DF Suggestions (Guild-System Discussion continues here)  (Read 35635 times)

Tigrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas for modding / Masterwork DF Suggestions
« Reply #165 on: August 09, 2012, 05:23:04 pm »

I've been making some toys for humans.  They're  mostly figurines that I had thought humans would make to box up into crates of different army groups.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:25:52 pm by Tigrath »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #166 on: August 09, 2012, 05:32:39 pm »

Cool :) Is this for any private mod of yours ? And could you think of any possible use for them, except tradegoods ? I am always looking for more industries and reactions ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tigrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 09, 2012, 05:53:23 pm »

I put them here in case someone wanted to use them in a human module for masterwork.  I hadn't given it them any thought other than as tradegoods, but they could probably be made to function something like your music stage.  Specific figurines would be used at the Diorama building to recreate the Battle of DrowningHorseFeathers or something like that.

Here's some more
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 06:08:27 pm by Tigrath »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #168 on: August 09, 2012, 06:09:18 pm »

I alway thought that one industry that makes tradegoods that need all other industries would be nice.

Dollmaker, needs intricate metalworking, cloth, thread, hair, glass, dye, tools, wood, gems... ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tigrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 09, 2012, 07:20:41 pm »

a few more ideas for humans:

royal mint--converts precious metals into coins in larger batches and more efficiently
furniture factory, ironworks, glassworks--reactions for creating furniture, weapons, stuff  (maybe requiring a blueprint-like thing to enable each reaction) in batches of 10
sawmill--cut 4 wood into 16 blocks + 4 scrapwood
trading post, miners' guild--sell raw materials for coins, buy raw materials with coin
trading post--also convert between gold, silver, and copper coins
merchants' league hall--trade for rare spices, gems, exotic materials

mercenary caste--male version of dwarven concubines for early military

edit:
Canning Plant to produce canned food that can be crated for trade
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:48:15 am by Tigrath »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 10, 2012, 01:12:24 am »

maybe giant animals being transformed from tamed animals 

I have this in Orc Fortress (the big cats that have a giant form in vanilla, as well as pigs and boars, can be giantized).  it's fun, they're great against fox/kea/badger/centaur and such; but still their life expectancy in a real battle against dwarves/elves/humans is very short.

and animal people mercenaries from giant animals

Orcs have some of this too.  in my implementation it was a permanent change.  it's not as powerful as you might think,  they spend 95% of their time eating and drinking, and although they'll attempt to fight invaders you can't put them in squads or tell them to equip.  But they do obey burrows (or pastures?  maybe both?) so although it's pretty much useless i find it strangely fascinating to attempt a badgerman ghetto in the caverns.

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 10, 2012, 02:48:47 am »

you could try something like with the golems and put them in a squad before the change and see if that would enable the to equip the armor and weapons of the squad uniform.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 10, 2012, 03:43:58 am »

Indeed, except before the change they're badgers :)

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 11, 2012, 12:29:37 pm »

sorry i don't think i explained it properly i meant a sort of merging between the elf doing the reaction and the animal, the animal leaves normal sized the elf leaves an animal man

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2012, 12:14:28 am »

You Could make them armor-able at the creature armory, although that's a whole nother can of crap to sort out.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2012, 12:57:19 am »

what he means it that he wants to take an elf and a wolf to a workshop, and create a elf-wolf from the elf. or take a badger and an elf, and create a badger-elf... he wants to transform the entity member, not the animal.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2012, 01:07:05 am »

I was adressing them being useful in combat, since anything unarmored is just begging to be be gutted, although yes, it could be done.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2012, 01:24:02 am »

well, there is no real sense to transforming civ members into weaker sort of pets that dont equip anyway. I do transform dwarves to golems, but of course golems have a sort of natural armor and weapons...

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 13, 2012, 09:22:03 am »

i thought animal men could equip so when they get transformed the elven soldier who already has his armour on will change into a stronger beast and still have armour.

Pikdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 13, 2012, 10:09:59 am »

I'd like to suggest adding more stonetypes that can be used for saltpeter and sulfur, you could add crystalline sulfur or sulfurous soil types and perhaps, the ability to make saltpeter via some reactions at the chemists workshop, as most saltpeter nowadays is made with other nitrates, as to the chemistry behind it, I'm uncertain of that.

You could probably do the same for sulfur, as there are a lot of rocks and metals that can have sulfur in them.

You may also want to add the ability to create your own clockwork parts, make sure it's harder to do than just killing automatons.

Aaaand, add a walking clockwork bomb creature, I'd rather fancy making a ton of them and sending them out en masse against an invading force, maybe they can use the basic landmine recipe but with the addition of clockwork parts to it.

I feel these changes would make the machine factory more useful, along with making guns more feasible.

OH, and maybe you could make stone golems or clay golems with some elixr of life or something?
Maybe some magical ingredient alternatives to the elixr as well.
Hm, yes, that sounds fun to me.

Maybe you could add some dwarven mad science like stitching together body parts and using a dwarf modified ilithid brain or two. Maybe stitching together creatures... Some other mad things, like adding wings to dogs or giving creatures the ability to shoot acid.

Stationary ilithid brain jar turrets that attack telekinetically or something.

More plants to grow into ranged attackers or stationary biters maybe.
Maybe growing your own plump helmet men and outfitting them with armor, maybe some ranged mushrooms that shoot spores to be more dwarfy than other spitting plants

A bone stone layer type for evil biomes that when mined drops bones, and maybe has small chances of creating animated bone creatures when mined, or skeltonizing gas.

Although it may be a bit out of place, you should add thermite as something you can craft, maybe you should do a whole chemistry revamp and start adding more of the periodic table (probably a lot of work, but I'd just settle for thermite)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 02:55:15 pm by Pikdome »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14