Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Masterwork DF Suggestions (Guild-System Discussion continues here)  (Read 35654 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Ideas for modding / Masterwork DF Suggestions
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2012, 12:09:21 pm »

I thought along the same lines for the archery range, thats why I made it. Nice idea using the fletchery and connecting it.

Very defensive elf melees sounds good as well.

The idol thing would be very strange to setup, corpses, sentient or not, and quality cant be used in reactions. I wanted to give them a building the transformes inorganic mats into organic mats, to recycle stuff.

Oh, and as soon as they have wood, of any kind, the have wood. Wood. as in logs. for constructions. do'h, didnt think about that. So, yeah, I guess they can build wooden walls and huts in the end. Otherwise they wouldnt have any wood for armor, weapons, items and so on. Except I replace every wood with a wood-toy/tool. lol. Argh.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ioi101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2012, 12:25:30 pm »

Shit. I thought you could just switch off the ability to make constructions? I guess not hehe.

But I think the solution is simpler then that - make all the new custom woods be plants. They should all be grown through farming or found through herbalism anyways. They are then taken as plants and converted into other plants or used to create items by workshops. Then just don't let elves cut wood, and they shouldn't have access to logs. Instead of "singing tree" you can just have a "tree singer's house" which takes the grown plants and turns them into seeds ("saplings") and "living wood" (of various types) which is actually a plant that can be used to make weapons/etc. You won't be able to make the vanilla wooden armors/weapons like this, but well, you'd want custom ones for that anyways I think.

For the idol - yeah I know about quality, but material should be usable right? Anyways, that's not neccesary, just would be nice. And maybe bones can be "laid to rest" rather then corpses in that case. Although.. you still have the problem of elves killing wildlife to get idols. *shrug*

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2012, 12:38:35 pm »

Well, caravans will still come and bring stones and metals and wood. I can take aways the mason labor from the elves, and smelting.. but carpentry ? That would hurt ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ioi101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2012, 12:50:57 pm »

I think that's ok. Infact it might be a nice way to balance it - you can get a few building materials, maybe enough to have a big dormitory/dining room, but not enough to make major above-ground fortifications.

Although... taking away carpentry wouldn't be that bad either. After all, all the important reactions will be in the new buildings, and those can use the metalworking labors which will have no other use anyways. You'd need custom reaction for making armor out of the new materials anyways, right? So the carpenter's could be removed without big issues, as far as I can tell. Just.. might have to add a barrel-making reaction to the thatchery, I think it only has bins.

Yeah I like that better. but again, more work, and it's not clear to me that it's worth it.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2012, 01:46:50 pm »

This is going to sound really mundane after all the other talks about awesome new features, but could you consider make grazing a little harder?  Something intermediate, Not like vanilla where animals can't feed themselves, but also not pen a woolly mammoth in a 6x6 with three sauropods and a herd of yaks and it's cool  8)

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2012, 02:13:05 pm »

well you can just put GRAZER to animals you like:) And this request should really go to masterwork thread (see Meph's signature) not here. Right now all grazings are off, but you can add it manually if you really want to. It is not that Meph doesn't want to help you - he is just in a bycicle adventure through USA and may not have time for htat ;) So easier to do it yourself.
But i guess it is a sound idea to make a button fro grazing and make it say 4 level - 0 - no grazing, 1 - very low, each animal needs a pen with grass, only 1 to 4 tiles even for mammoths, 2- for halved vanilla - more than level 1 but mammoths can survive:), and 3 - vanilla, with exception that mamoths and elephants fixed to survive on grass, not starve.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2012, 02:16:22 pm »

lol, tierre, I think smake is quite right here, since this is ideas/suggestions for the mod :P And I think he knows what I am doing.

Your suggestions with different "cycling" through of easy, medium, hard, is a little harder on me, in comparison to ON/OFF. ^^

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2012, 01:16:58 am »

I greatly like the Ideas for the races, as well as the designs postet. About Elves, only problem i see with no constructions is, that as soon as invaders come all civilians run around like headless chickens because of no line of sight blocking.
One idea i had to at least soften this would be to create constructions/workshops with no reactions and walkable tiles. Much like the Fountain of eternal youth. Just a collection of trees with walkable paths, elves could build these at the outer ranges to partially block line of sight while not walling themselves in.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2012, 01:46:55 am »

Crude suggestion for elves

Give elves

[LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:BLOCKS:NONE:FILTH_B:NONE]

then elves can literly
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
into nest boxes and thus elves can now build with brown filth.

P.S.
Btw this is a joke :P

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2012, 02:38:10 am »

Maybe make all elves blind (isnt there a no fear-tag?) and if they are about to be drafted into the military, you send them into a building, they get their eyes back, profit.

Tigrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2012, 02:19:17 pm »

If your still thinking about elves, why not give them a magic or religious reaction to make a custom glass to build with.  Call the cheap kind amber, and more expensive kinds could be prismatic or frozen moonbeams or starwebs or something.   Instead of a hippy commune, they would live in towers of glass.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2012, 02:29:20 pm »

I wish I could change the tile of constructions, then I could give thornbushes and rootwalls, or at least palisades made from sharpened wood, but no...

@hugo: Thanks i guess ^^

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2012, 02:52:22 pm »

Oh, i had the impression you could choose the walkable tiles in a workshop. How did you design the magic buildings if thats not possible?

Edit: Forgot. Found all the changes from last update to work out perfectly fine.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 02:54:57 pm by Riun »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2012, 03:56:12 pm »

Oh, i had the impression you could choose the walkable tiles in a workshop. How did you design the magic buildings if thats not possible?

Edit: Forgot. Found all the changes from last update to work out perfectly fine.

You can, Meph was talking about constructions, I.E, things what can be built in the b-->C menu.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2012, 04:08:10 pm »

Yeah, a slight difference. I dont want to make 10 different custom workshops, like Regens old Fences.

Anyway, Humans now also have the Mining Shaft (expansion for Mine), an Inventors and Blacksmiths Guild (mechanics/siege and smithing/weapons/armor) and an archtitect (writing blueprints)

Bowyer has been renamed gunsmith, and their default ranged weapons are indeed guns. all humans have a natural skill in guns, lvl5, and very low learn rates for melee weapons. This should favour the entire "traps and guns blazing from castle walls" idea.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14