Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Cartel of the Sky — Convoy & Lab;  (Read 14400 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cartel of the Sky — Acquaintance
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2012, 09:39:21 pm »

((Lone Ranger, is I. Everyone forgets Tiruin.))
((Who are you by the way? Oh, yeah, nice to meet you.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2012, 09:48:32 pm »

((Lone Ranger, is I. Everyone forgets Tiruin.))

Damnations xD Oh, well, I'll have to make a set.

LEGO kits are robotics kits. You make, store and deploy robots from it.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2012, 09:57:48 pm »

((So...could I get a Landrunner, an Emergency Deployer and the LEGO kit for free or would I have to pay for one of those?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2012, 10:04:09 pm »

You are a Robotics character, and get everything under Robotics for free.

Also, don't forget to post your profiles, people. Name, gender, ability foci, skills, and equipment along with credits should be listed; preferably in a spoiler tag.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2012, 10:04:32 pm »

Edit: (Read over again, My questions answered themselves.)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:16:39 pm by Powder Miner »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2012, 10:16:39 pm »

((Yes, Tactical is for Spitfires.))

Narte walks towards the table to examine the items, his roman-esque outfit reminiscent of...someone.

He picks the Robotics standard kit, two survival kits (-60), one kit of C-4 (-20), baloon bombs (-10) and smokebombs (-10). As for the weaponry, one firelock and one semiautomatic pistol.

Spoiler: Narte Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:57:42 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2012, 10:23:27 pm »

((Two questions,

1. The pair of weapons we're picking... Are we making them up, or are they going to be from the list? Because I'm not exactly seeing a multitude of weapons on the list.

2. Is the G-14 Buster a grenade or a gun?
))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2012, 10:26:53 pm »

((I just remembered something...I am glad that I did not pick any class that somersaults around, Narte wears basically the same outfit as Azastre >.>))
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2012, 10:27:51 pm »

Oh, I stated the weapons in the description but not the notes. They are:

Bowgun
Firelocks
Hand-cannon
Revolver
Semi-automatic pistol

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2012, 10:30:15 pm »

A humanoid-like robot walks towards the table, making whirring noises as it walks, immediately grabbing a semi-auto pistol, a bowgun, an ammo belt, some blazing bullets, some frost bullets, buying three sticky C-4, (20) 10 smoke bombs (20) 20 balloon bombs (20 credits) and saving the 40 other credits for whatever else. It sticks the non semi-auto items in its ammo belt and places the pistol in its weapon module, a cylinder of metal with various rods which semi-permanently connect it to a weapon. The rods click. It looks around briefly for somewhere to place its credits, its blue-green pit-shaped eyes sunken into its head and rotating in either direction, before it eventually finds a place.
Spoiler: Sevten (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:56:02 pm by Powder Miner »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2012, 11:34:04 pm »

Oh, I stated the weapons in the description but not the notes. They are:

Bowgun
Firelocks
Hand-cannon
Revolver
Semi-automatic pistol

((Ah, of course. Thank you.))

Ruark smiled at the potential haul to chose from, though he waited to show that smile until their mysterious sponsor had left. One-hundred credits, not earmarked for his cost-of-living or his father's illness... you add that to the pay bump he was getting and it made for quite the early holiday.
    Johnny tagged a few items on his first pass through the Cartel folder, Survival gear, Retrieval gear, everything needed to make a successful jaunt from the Upper to the Under. The rest... that was slower pickings. For the most part he opted for non-lethal gear, but the C4 just sounded too useful to pass up. He ended up spending his entire hundred-cred stipend, but seeing as it was going into gear that was going to help him survive, Johnny Ruark didn't think it was that terrible a sin.
   The hard part was picking out the two weapons the Cartel was gifting him, Johnny tried to avoid shooting whenever possible, and as such his knowledge of handguns was limited. The bowgun and the hand-cannons were discarded immediately, and the selection of revolvers followed shortly.  Those decisions, however, caught Ruark between the Semi-auto and the impressive firelocks. He knew he only wanted one kind (only one kind of ammunition to carry that way), but which kind? In the end it was the beauty of the firelocks that persuaded him to pick out a matching pair. They were magnificent weapons, a deciding trait that seemed in keeping with what a showman like himself would carry.

Ruark became acutely aware of the dead silence as he finished selecting his gear. The only sounds were people picking up and setting down items, and, of course, the odd creak and click of the humanoid mech that seemed to be selecting objects with the rest of the smugglers. Odd. Though perhaps its owner was indisposed, and thus incapable of making the meet in person. "Well," Ruark started, stridently shattering the silence, "it would appear that we're all in a market for partners. My name is a Johnny, Johnny Ruark. I'm an honest tradesman of the arts and a slightly less honest smuggler. I enjoy long walks through moonlit slums, dining on meals that include recognizable food, and not being shot at. I have no intention of being shipped home in a cigar box, and as such I'm not going anywhere near the Sky Tower. Seek your companions elsewhere if blockade running is your aim."
 "So, now that that's out of the way, who are the rest of you?"

Socialize. Take/Buy: Twin Firelocks (Free), Survival Kit (30), Retrieval Rocket (20), C-4 Charges (20), Parachute (10), smoke bombs (10), balloon bombs (10).

Spoiler: Johnny Ruark (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:36:29 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2012, 12:04:00 am »

Another soft whirring fills the air as the mech turns to look at Ruark. Something clacks inside the bot and then a mid-toned metallic voice comes form it. "I am Model Seven-Ten, or Sevten. I am an experiment in Artificial Intelligence. I specialize in quick operations that require knowledge and precision to carry out, or operations in hazardous conditions, for the Cartel. I do not believe attempting to pierce the blockade at this time is a reasonable action at this time, either. I may, however, eventually try. ...Anything can be accomplished with enough preparation."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2012, 12:09:26 am »

"...here...then....hm..."
Narte grumbled something mildly incoherent in answer to Ruark's question and got back to his equipment without even turning his face to the man. He seemed too focused on what he had just obtained to really pay attention to anyone at that moment.
>Yes?

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2012, 01:11:25 am »

Carl strides around the room, seeming to pick everything up and somehow managing to carry it all. First he chooses the MOO platform, followed by both chips. He then strolls over to the weapons table, grabbing a Steyr AMR and a Handcannon. Then, Carl spends all of his credits on a survival kit, a retrieval rocket, parachute, sinker, 10 balloon bombs and three C4 explosives.
Hearing the murmer of conversation, he turns to the others and says:
"The names Carl, and I'll do anything to kill as many imperial bastards as I can."
Sit in a corner and check over his weaponry.

Spoiler: Carl Duggan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 03:41:32 pm by Spaghetti7 »
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Cartel of the Sky —
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2012, 01:29:32 am »

((R-78 Landrunner is a robot, yes? And how does ammo management work- how much can I carry without an ammobelt? How much do I start with, and what does it cost to replace expended ammo?))

Dorian eagerly snatched up the Robotics starting kit, but his burnished golden eyes surveyed the rest of the available equipment with a measure of wariness. The Survival Kit was an easy choice for 30 credits, and after a moment's hesitation he took two Retrieval Rockets at 20 credits a pop- he could always find a use for loose rockets. A parachute for 10 was a logical follow-up, but remaining 20 credits had him stymied.

When Ruark spoke up, Dorian listened intently, impulsively grinning at mention of the blockade. "As for me, well, I wouldn't mind a crack at the blockade, but I suspect I'll need better equipment than this junk to make the attempt! Trade missions seem like the next best thing- I'd rather outrun my problems than outfight them."

As he spoke, Dorian idly examined the weapons lying on the table. He'd never been too keen on conventional weaponry, but the bowgun... bullets were really the problem. Dorian couldn't fiddle with a bullet, couldn't take one apart and put it back together better than new, not like a robot. But, a bowgun bolt was large enough to handle, to play with. Dorian could grok how a bolt flew through the air, what went into its flight and what happened when it hit. He could see that happen, and if he could see it... well, there are always possibilities.

Dorian picked up the bowgun before turning back to Ruark. "Well! I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you'd prefer a Trade mission as well- what do you say to a team-up?"

Spoiler: Dorian Chronis (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13