Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Cartel of the Sky — Convoy & Lab;  (Read 14386 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Cartel of the Sky — Acquaintance
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2012, 05:30:28 am »

((Ranger is waiting for her standard equipment list.  :P))

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2012, 08:34:22 am »

((Does this mean I get all the green stuff? Or that I choose a specialty, and get the green stuff from that? I am confused by the word "choose".))

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Cartel of the Sky —
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2012, 09:20:45 am »

((Welp, I have no idea what my specialized set is. Going with gut feeling then. Western style gunslinger Kitsune!))

Spoiler: Syra Liene (click to show/hide)
Inventory and Credit count shall be edited soon.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 10:15:45 am by Tiruin »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2012, 10:11:43 am »

((Dorian is a stranger in a strange land...))

Ruark nodded up and down slowly as Carl finished, an expression that meant: "So you're like a crazy person?". Johnny had no need to saddle up with anyone that held so much rabid hatred for the imperial regime. He wanted his work to be quiet, under the radar as much as he could manage. Killing 'as many imperial bastards as I can' just seemed like a good way to take a stage left exit.
    The short scale had a bit more sense in him, though he did have an aim to tackle the blockade eventually. Eventually, however, was not today, and the scale had enough sense in him to know that taking the plunge right now would be suicide. The only little niggle Johhny Ruark saw in working with the scale was his rather carefree manner with words; like calling the equipment they'd been given 'junk' in room that had only recently been vacated by a ranking member of the Cartel. Now way in Upper or Under that this room was clean of listeners.
    "I'd certainly toast to outrunning problems, but our sponsors appear to think that refreshments are unnecessary," Johny said jokingly as he turned to face the Dragonoid. "I would certainly prefer a bit of honest smuggling to most of the other Cartel jobs, but I'll still need you name before I agree to anything."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2012, 01:35:21 pm »

((Just gonna RP till I get an answer on equipment.))

Serat listens to the conversation carefully. While a trade mission would certainly be easier with his particular skillset, he would prefer to finally see some action. "To be fair, the Imperials arent exactly the nicest of people." He interjects himself into the conversation. "And I highly doubt even a trade mission wouldnt lead to trouble, otherwise I'd been doing them before we even had this nice meeting," Serat says, lamenting his past as a simple errand boy.

Serat then turns to Carl: "Wanna do some shooting?" He doesnt wait for an answer and instead turns to the pile of bolts that called itself Model 7-10, and asks a similar question of him. "You a combat robot, right? Wanna join me?" Would certainly be interesting to fight alongside this thing.

"Im Serat by the way." He adds.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2012, 02:33:56 pm »

Quote from: Hastily printed from a telegraph in the corner is this list of Ranger standard gear.
Rangers do not need a special item to assist in their maneuvers; they rely on their quick aim and their strong body. Rangers are unique in the fact that they can 'chain' multiple moves together in a short time.

Standard combat moves
Kneekick
Fastest gun <inherent>
Rising Shot
Machkick
[one inventive move] OR Revolver panning <inherent>

Ranger mechanics are very convoluted.

Also:
Quote from: Supplementary information
Table of weapon firing speeds
Revolver3/round
Semiautomatic pistol4/round
Bowgun5/round
Handcannon2/round

Amendments to gear:

Spitfires also have the ability Enhanced Magazine <inherent>: they can fire two extra bullets in a round when using a magic bullet. Handcannons do not receive this benefit.
Mechanics also have the ability Camouflage.
Launchers have the ability Sonic Weapon Drawing <inherent>, which enables you to smack anything in your way when you draw a heavy weapon.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 03:04:01 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2012, 02:38:21 pm »

((Are Mechanics the people with Robotics?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2012, 02:56:40 pm »

((What's the per-round firing speed of Firelocks?))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2012, 03:03:43 pm »

((Are Mechanics the people with Robotics?))

Yes.

((What's the per-round firing speed of Firelocks?))

Two.
The thing that differentiates firelocks and handcannons is that handcannons can never fire more than two, while firelocks can receive the bonus of Enhanced Magazine.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2012, 03:05:56 pm »

((There appear to be only standard moves on the list? And I am horrible at reading comprehension, so I dont understand if I get the special set whetever I choose the moves or the equipment. The colour coding seems to pile it with the moves, but the ; doesnt.

And one last question, what is a Steyr AMR?))
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 03:11:46 pm by cerapa »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2012, 03:18:24 pm »

((Actually, it may be because I am horrid at writing >.>

The special set doesn't come with the moves.
You get one special set for free. Any extra sets must be purchased for credits.
The Steyr AMR is a propelled projectile that has fins on the end and spins, piercing armor and exploding one to three times. Like this, second image but bigger and with a bazooka, like this.))

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2012, 03:25:44 pm »

((I disagree with the "horrid writing" statement. You dont have any idea how much I bug people at times over these kinds of things.))

Serat finally takes a look at what equipment he will be taking. A landrunner is a definite yes. A flamethrower chip might come in handy. A Steyr AMR is nice to have around when you need to blow something up, and ice bullets, which are always good. And as for the shopping, a survival kit for 30, some smoke bombs for escaping, and thats it. Never had many credits kicking around, and who knows, might spend it on something special. And as for the last choice, a LEGO kit seems to be best.

LEGO kit, M-3 flamethrower chip, Frost bullets ,Steyr AMR, R-78 Landrunner, Survival Kit, 5x Smokebombs. 60 credits left over.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2012, 03:26:51 pm »

((Cerapa, so you chose a MOO platform for your free specialty kit? The AMR is also part of the MOO platform.))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Cartel of the Sky —
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2012, 03:29:37 pm »

Also what do each of the heavy weapons do> Especially the Cannonball Technique

Jade walks up, cradling her beloved Cecil, Claiming  A semi automatic Pistol, and a Handcannon for use when Cecil is too close, and then purchasing a survival kit and a set each of smoke bombs and balloon bombs stashing the other 50 credits for later use. "Hey boys, I don't rightly care what mission I go on just try and make it a little fun ok?"

Spoiler: Jade Tesserect (click to show/hide)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2012, 03:43:24 pm »

Okay, quick list of stuff!

Robotics
R-78 Landrunner - Clockwork robot that walks to the enemy, trips and asplodes.
Suicide Initiative - Kicks all R or G series that the operator has into overdrive, making them run/fly to the enemy, or just randomly run/fly around if there is no enemy, and explode shortly after.
R-70EZ Timebomb - An immotile R series robot that sacrificed movement for explosives. The Suicide Initiative can be used to make it hop to a target and asplode. You do not need to be able to see the target.
Emergency Landrunner Deployer - When you are struck, a landrunner might hop out to help you.

Heavy Weapons
M-137 gatling gun chip - A gatling gun.
M-3 flamethrower chip - A flamethrower.
Cannonball technique - Uses a handcannon to collect a red-hot ball of energy before flinging it and making it explode.
Steyr AMR (chip) - A anti-'tank' rifle that spins around fast enough to lift targets off the ground. Explodes once to three times.

Tactical
G-14 Buster - Your standard run-of-the-mill grenade.
Bouncing bullets - You can make the bullets 'bounce' to another target at will.
Frost bullets - Swap out your normal bullets for frost imbued ones that sometimes freeze the target into a solid hunk of ice.
Blazing bullets - Swap out normal bullets for fire imbued ones that explode upon contact, dealing from two to five times more damage.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13