Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Cartel of the Sky — Convoy & Lab;  (Read 14371 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cartel of the Sky —
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2012, 03:00:21 pm »

Fixing my sheet then, don't start without me, please.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2012, 03:38:17 pm »

power got cut, so my response was delayed xD

Mecha have two main types - Landrunners and Vipers. The landrunners are clockwork robots that are chock full of explosives. Their basic ability is to walk up to an enemy inconspicuously, trip and explode. They can also be used to drive robotic gun turrets, have a mechasteroid mode that makes them move faster, have alternative versions, and are cheap.

Vipers fly. They also shoot missiles. They are expensive.

So..in short, the Landrunners are clockwork-ish, and Vipers are modern tech.

Mechanics can also opt to go the HUGE (or not) MECHA route. Not recommended for stealth operations...

So when you say not-huge, how not huge are we talking? Because I'm hoping to pilot a little speedster, almost an exosuit with just a few frills. Y'know, something like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

:D

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2012, 03:53:22 pm »

I suppose that would work, but not from the start :3

I better get the first post in by today... Can someone count the players for me? xD

E : Uh.......7?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2012, 03:54:19 pm »

I'm finishing my sheet D:
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2012, 04:04:28 pm »

Oh yeah, I'm fine with working for my reward. Half the reason Darion joined the Cartel, after all.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Cartel of the Sky — Beforegame
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2012, 05:01:29 pm »

When are you closing sign-ups? 

I won't have a chance to write up anything long or in depth until this Friday, but I may be able to squeeze out something quick by tomorrow if you're closing it sooner.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 05:12:59 pm »

I was thinking of posting the first post today or tomorrow. It would be nice if you at least posted a simple sheet of name/class so I can write the starting post without you.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 05:23:34 pm »

Mine's done, by the way. Not very good, though. Sorry.
>Yes?

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2012, 05:51:43 pm »

That I can do.

I can't thank you enough for letting me get by with this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Again thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou :D

EDIT: Last second change of mind to robotics, if you've already written something just keep it as ranger.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:27:16 pm by Phantom of The Library »
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2012, 06:28:17 pm »

@wolfchild Your bio fits in almost perfectly with the weapon of the Heavy Launcher, a uni-platform that has a lot of hardware and can change around.

Make it work like that then, but the weapon is still named, and wow 2 whole new pages while I was sleeping
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2012, 06:38:45 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
TRANS FAT
For the 10%.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:00:52 pm by Powder Miner »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Cartel of the Sky, auxiliary base 56-&e
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2012, 09:20:03 pm »

((yesss no rangers. They were the hardest to do, and now I can skip'm!))

Time : 1430 Imperial time, fifth day of the fourth month, year 5660

Ten people of various sizes and appearance are in a shrouded room. There is a single spotlight trained on a round, white table, solid and with no legs. There are five kinds of weapons on it: revolvers, semi-automatic pistols, handcannons, what seems to be a cross between a crossbow and a pistol (a 'bowgun'), and a scattering of miscellaneous items including a small rocket, a backpack, a heavy rifle, and round bombs.

The ten are facing the table, behind which stands a higher ranking member of the Cartel. He has just finished congratulating the tens' promotion to a regular member of the Cartel, explained their new profit cut (which has been generously raised from one-tenth a percent to one percent) in a tone that suggested any words on this matter will be violently answered. After briefing the ten on the current enemies and goals of the Cartel, he taps the table.

As part of the promotion to a regular member, he says, you may opt to receive one pair of weapons from the Cartel, free of cost. Which is rare, he adds, and should be accepted. The implied 'or else' is evident in his shadowed expression. The one-hundred credits given as part of the promotion can be spent on equipment that will help in your new endeavors, which will be explained briefly.

He clears his throat.

"As you may have experienced, non-standard Cartel members run as foot troopers to raids, guard unimportant facilities, be cannonfodder, suicide attack heavily Imperial-guarded caravans, lead riots as cover, blowing low-strength targets up with extremely high-strength explosives, steal from the middle of a city, and do otherwise unsavory jobs for a measly one permil. This will all change. You will freely form groups of two to four among yourselves, and freely take on missions to the Underearth for smuggling, or opt to stick to the Upperearth and undertake missions that factor into the long-term profit of the Cartel. These missions may include research regarding the Sky Tower, or infiltrating Imperial strongholds. All of the missions are very, very, dangerous; thus the tenfold pay increase. Do well, and you shall be rewarded. The list of available standard equipment per your specialty, and survival equipment is available in the folders you each have. Choose intelligently. I shall return in exactly one hour. Acquaint yourselves with each other. Ask any questions through the sound pipe."

The Cartel member leaves through a hidden door, disappearing. The lights go up and slowly increase in their white brightness, revealing the room to be a round room with various brass pipes as a ceiling and with stone tiled floor.

Quote from: Standard Equipment List, per specialty.
Green items are those that generalists may choose.
All standard equipment is free of cost.

Robotics
LEGO kit (Lectric Ebullient Gunnery Operations kit. Standard equipment for robotics.)
R-78 Landrunner
Suicide Initiative
R-70EZ Timebomb
Emergency Landrunner Deployer

Heavy Weapons
MOO platform (Multi-Operational Ordnance platform. Advanced weaponry system that changes into a suitable operation mode. Standard Launcher equipment.)
M-137 gatling gun chip
M-3 flamethrower chip
Cannonball technique
Steyr AMR

Tactical
Ammo belt (Standard equipment for spitfires. Stores magic ammo and grenades.)
G-14 Buster
Bouncing bullets
Frost bullets
Blazing bullets

***Note that all standard equipment provided by the Cartel is merely 'standard' equipment. Other innovative, unique, or creative weapons may be constructed for an additional cost at any Cartel armory. Inventive weapons that find wide-spread use may be rewarded.

Quote from: Additional equipment form
This list has equipment that must be purchased at an additional cost. Again, innovative, unique, or creative equipment may be constructed at any Cartel armory.

Survival Kit :: Ammo, rations, flint&steel, rope, dagger, health potion. Recommended. 30 credits
MOO platform :: 40 credits
Ammo belt :: 40 credits
LEGO kit :: 40 credits
Retrieval rocket :: Used to return from Underearth to Upperearth. One-use. High chance of malfunction. 20 credits
Parachute :: Used to descend from Upperearth to Underearth. 10 credits
Sinker :: Used to sink to the 'bottom' of the Middleocean. One-use, may be used as scrap. 10 credits
Smokebomb :: A bomb that emits large amounts of fog and steam. Useful for getting away quickly, especially when applied copiously to the face of the opponent. Five for 10 credits
Sticky C-4 :: An explosive that sticks to anything, including humans. Three for 20 credits
Balloon bomb :: A bomb that causes a large nonlethal explosion to occur, flinging everyone everywhere. 10 for 10 credits

Quote from: Exemplars of missions
* Trade route : Acquire technology. Trade for magic. Sell to 'friends'. Profit (Of course, most of the profit is the Cartel's).

* Raiders : Flush out the Imperial influence from an outlying settlement. The more painfully and efficiently the task is done, the better the rewards.

* Running the Blockade : Attempt to pass Sky Tower's blockade. Most possibly die. Never succeeded before. Most greatest rewards. One of the few missions that are not punished for failing.

The Cartel wishes to inform the reader that edits may be added to the end of this post.
All questions will be answered promptly.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cartel of the Sky — Acquaintance
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2012, 09:24:25 pm »

Take two revolvers, five smoke bombs, my standard gear, a survival kit, and an ammo belt.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2012, 09:30:40 pm »

((Huh...What is the LEGO kit exactly?))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2012, 09:34:45 pm »

((Lone Ranger, is I. Everyone forgets Tiruin.))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13