Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Cartel of the Sky — Convoy & Lab;  (Read 14372 times)

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
Re: Cartel of the Sky —
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 12:10:10 pm »

Spaghetti7, you need to choose two abilities and make two skills.
Yeah, sorry, sheet was under construction. Done now.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 12:15:27 pm »

And lord, 10% trans fat? This game better be damn delicious...
W-will our sheets be eaten? O_o

If Dorian doesn't get his coveted Cartel job, he will sink into a deep depression and develop a bad Cumulus Creme addiction- those doughnuts are terrible for your health. Tragic, really.

OM NOM NOM

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 12:21:23 pm »

I still want to know the difference between human and celestial human. Also, I want to know if power armor exists and if it fits into the "robotic" cathegory.

Also, I wanted to know:
a) How badly does the Generalist fare in comparison with the specialized classes?

b) Do we have a shot at meeting our "Ascend the Sky Tower" characters in this RtD? Because I can see the setting has some points in common.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 12:25:49 pm »

b) Do we have a shot at meeting our "Ascend the Sky Tower" characters in this RtD? Because I can see the setting has some points in common.

I'd guess not. Or you'll be meeting...yourself.

Maybe this is set in the future/past of that one.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 02:01:22 pm »

Is it possible to have an underearth Artificier character? (Skills going in magic to aid technology?  :P)

Actually, most of the weapons of the Upperearth are already enhanced by magic. :P They're just not full-out magic items.

Wait...if we have to pay pyramid commission, does that mean that we could profit by recruiting others?

First, you must eliminate your own commission xD You still have the 50% commission from most of the rest of the Cartel.

Also, I wanted to know:
a) How badly does the Generalist fare in comparison with the specialized classes?

The generalist isn't probably going to be able to do stuff like drop photon bombs, throw the strongest magic grenades, deal flying multiple headshots, ... all the more powerful stuff.

......shhhhhh... >.>

All the non-human races are acceptable. Just expect to be on the end of minority ... stuff. :P
The Upperearth is dominated by humans and dragonoids.

@wolfchild Your bio fits in almost perfectly with the weapon of the Heavy Launcher, a uni-platform that has a lot of hardware and can change around.

The Celestial Human is more further removed from the Underearth humans than the Upperearth humans. They are generally taller and slimmer, with skin tending towards the lighter colors. Haven't thought up any mechanical stuff yet.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 02:04:00 pm »

I am wrecked by class-picking doubt. And my character will be other member of the Ferrusleo, just to avoid a paradox.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 02:06:06 pm »

All the non-human races are acceptable. Just expect to be on the end of minority ... stuff. :P
The Upperearth is dominated by humans and dragonoids.
Tension. Perfect!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 02:11:14 pm »

I can see this will be kind of over-the-top (which is good, don't misunderstand me here). Hm.

Does Heavy Weapons also refer to Melee Heavy Weaponry or only Ranged Weaponry?
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012, 02:12:45 pm »

Heavy Weapons is exclusively long range. You'll fail hard if you get in close >.>

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2012, 02:15:37 pm »

Heavy Weapons is exclusively long range. You'll fail hard if you get in close >.>
How about mechas, are they more like clockwork or steampunk mech type? Are they limited to ranged attacks?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:30:49 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2012, 02:28:59 pm »

As we're barraging Sky with questions~

What type of guns do Rangers use? Can they not be guns, ranged weapons at least?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2012, 02:34:51 pm »

Hell, why not. Everything else I'm in is dead.

Spoiler: Johnny Ruark (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:50:21 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 02:42:41 pm »

The Cartel shall prosper.

Down with the Imperials!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2012, 02:49:09 pm »

power got cut, so my response was delayed xD

Mecha have two main types - Landrunners and Vipers. The landrunners are clockwork robots that are chock full of explosives. Their basic ability is to walk up to an enemy inconspicuously, trip and explode. They can also be used to drive robotic gun turrets, have a mechasteroid mode that makes them move faster, have alternative versions, and are cheap.

Vipers fly. They also shoot missiles. They are expensive.

So..in short, the Landrunners are clockwork-ish, and Vipers are modern tech.

Mechanics can also opt to go the HUGE (or not) MECHA route. Not recommended for stealth operations...

All classes can use any of the gun weapons:

Code: [Select]
Revolver
Semi-automatic
Handcannon
Bowgun

However, Rangers are specialized in revolvers.
Rangers have a strong Western-flick feel, wielding double revolvers :P

I'm wondering whether or not to enforce a stricter class ability-list or not. o_O

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2012, 02:57:31 pm »

Spoiler: The Shade (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:00:24 pm by adwarf »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13