Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Cartel of the Sky — Convoy & Lab;  (Read 14366 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cartel of the Sky — First Mission, confirm rosters
« Reply #135 on: May 13, 2012, 09:37:25 pm »

((Yep, and I got the C4i. Time for some explosive fun.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 13, 2012, 09:44:51 pm »

"Everyone ready? Good. James, I suppose you're ready too. Let's head out." Syra said, holding a C4 stick in her hand before placing it in her pack.

This would be a lot of fun.
Spoiler: Syra Liene (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #137 on: May 13, 2012, 09:45:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((They're actually squarish, to be exact :P))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 13, 2012, 11:08:53 pm »

Ruark would definitely be grabbing a disguise before he ran off to infiltrate an Imperial lab, better that than shooting his way inside. He did, however, regret his choice of immediate purchases. He'd expected to be doing some smuggling right away- the retrieval rocket and 'chute he'd bought for descending to Underearth would be useless here.
  Unless...

Query:
1. Does the building have rooftop access?
2. Would a visiting scientist be able to look at the breakthrough report?

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 13, 2012, 11:13:17 pm »

Dorian grins widely. "I like where this line of thinking is going. Hell, even if we can't swing an aerial insertion, we can certainly make our own rooftop access for an aerial extraction! Imperials might not put much stock in evacuation plans, but I certainly do!"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 13, 2012, 11:18:21 pm »

((You guys aren't attacking the base, you're attacking convoys))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2012, 11:20:41 pm »

((I believe that's a different mission.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2012, 11:22:26 pm »

((That would happen to be the other mission, Powder is correct.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2012, 11:25:02 pm »

((That would happen to be the other mission, Powder is correct.))
((I see. Also, may be using this space for a character))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2012, 11:28:26 pm »

Dorian's quick grasp of the blossoming plan had Ruark feeling completely satisfied with his choice of cohort, a friend was good, a smart friend was worth his weight in gold. "Exactly... Now, since we have enough people for it, I'm thinking of getting kidnapped. If I can lie my way in as a scientist, with Jade as my assistant, I might be able to get a look at the report. Once I'm on the top floor and have possession of the papers, Jade can put a gun to my head, taking me hostage and using my disguise as leverage to keep them from shooting us. Once Jade has me captive, you can blow the roof and extract us." Ruark glanced at the roster, frowning at the unfamiliar names. The bot he remembered as Sevten, Johnny had no idea who Narte was though. "Our disturbance should draw most of the security away from the lower levels, giving these other two," Johnny said with a broad gesture to the roster, "plenty of breathing room to set and blow the charges on basement supports."
   "We're going to have to have a word with the other people on this job, but other than that, what do you think, Dorian?"

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 13, 2012, 11:31:45 pm »

Sevten went to the console and looked up armament data of the Imperials at the base they were going to raid.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2012, 11:35:52 pm »

Narte had been idly playing with his equipment nearby after exchanging his C4 for the C4i and although he seemed oblivious to the plan, he actually had listened to it, and as a mech driver, the youth would probably be along Dorian as part of the extraction team...But he also had doubts of his own.

He moved towards the console and tried to check on how much would the Flower and the Thorn be worth if either captured alive or killed.

Spoiler: Narte Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
>Yes?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Cartel of the Sky — Acquaintance
« Reply #147 on: May 14, 2012, 12:27:37 am »

Dorian frowns, considering Ruark's plan. "Hm. I'm not sure how I'll be getting on the roof to blow an escape route. Given the rate of rocket failure, I don't fancy riding one in and out, and going inside with you would stretch your cover beyond reason. Once I'm up there, though, it shouldn't be too much trouble to punch a way in. Let's see..."

> query
>
> What is the arrangement of guards outside the lab? Patrols? Any portions of the building not under direct surveillance?
> What is the composition of the outside walls? Stone/brick, metal, other? Any decorations, cornices, or other protrusions?

Dorian also checks the map for nearby trees, buildings, etc.

Spoiler: Dorian Chronis (click to show/hide)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 14, 2012, 12:36:13 am »

"The building is only two stories, you might not need to actually get up on the roof. How good is your throwing arm?"
---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 14, 2012, 04:21:05 am »

That is a good plan, one problem is, how are we going to smuggle in armaments?, I do not feel comfortable without cecil, at the very least I need my handcannon for this

Spoiler: Jade Tesserect (click to show/hide)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13