Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: See, I told the judge it wasn't just me.  (Read 7716 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: See, I told the judge it wasn't just me.
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2012, 12:33:05 am »

I dunno, sometimes I'm filled with an urge when eating tortilla chips to try using dirt as salsa to see what it tastes like... I have some idea what it'd taste like, but for some reason that urge comes along sometimes.
That's Pica, more specifically Geophagy.
I'm not sure that's really it, I don't think it'd taste good, I just sometimes get weird random urges to do crazy things. Thankfully I'm gifted with a decent working impulse control.

Sometimes I also have the urge to say things I know are going to piss someone off, or I know I shouldn't say as well.
That would technically fall under violence.
Probably not unless you classify anything that'd make someone feel bad... I think in this case what I'm talking about is usually the urge to tell someone a hurtful truth that's probably better left unsaid.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2012, 12:36:05 am »

I'm not sure that's really it, I don't think it'd taste good, I just sometimes get weird random urges to do crazy things. Thankfully I'm gifted with a decent working impulse control.
Pica is about the impulse, not if you actually think it tastes good or not.
Probably not unless you classify anything that'd make someone feel bad...
Anything hurtful is classified under violent thoughts, yes. Hence the use of the word, "technically".
I think in this case what I'm talking about is usually the urge to tell someone a hurtful truth that's probably better left unsaid.
You're just brutally honest, then.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2012, 01:52:43 am »

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.

That said, I giggled at the end of the OP.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]