Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: So, who's updated their Eternal Suggestion votes yet?  (Read 3655 times)

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
So, who's updated their Eternal Suggestion votes yet?
« on: May 07, 2012, 04:45:25 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=24818.0

Because hauling seems to be taken care of, for now at least.

I voted for "Improved Mechanics", "Farming Improvements" and "More Detailed Religion".

I'd have voted for "Vengeance", (A single-vote suggestion at #336 last I checked) but I realized that Toady's probably got that on the dev list anyways, and will implement it at the proper time.

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, who's updated their Eternal Suggestion votes yet?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 07:25:10 pm »

I have no real need to update my votes yet.  I am still going for the 'Cleaning' designation, fort retirement, and allowing more skill in adventure mode so you can build your own dream death trap magma launcher gore pit mansion in that style.
I play games of games inside games in my head.

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 07:49:56 pm »

again, don't need to change mine.

Improved designation execution
    Improved trading interface
    Store bones & shell in bins or barrels

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 07:53:39 pm »

* Ceramics and Cement
    * Side jobs
    * Slightly more tasteful approach to bodily waste

Ceramics and Cement is the big one that I want. Considering we have Vomit and Blood, I'd be totally find with Sewage as yet another spreadable to manage. That way, running water systems would be more commonly integrated into everyone's fort. Side jobs are the least likely to happen, since that's a rewrite of the pathfinding system entirely.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 08:02:52 pm »

Allow engraving of constructions
Improved tools
Realistic Mining Suggestion

I find it really hard to pin down just 3 to vote for, but it ended up these.

The engraving of constructions is my main vote though. Finding a large enough area of the same stone type/color for a dining room is usually impossible and is something that has lead to a lot of savescumming, restarting and regenning. Having some mild OCD tendencies really doesn't help when trying to create a legendary fortress :<

As for the rest, the improved tools part felt like something that could use an extra vote as I don't think at least it's planned to be implemented, and the Realistic mining suggestion felt like a good vote to support what with the current discussion going on ^^

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 09:03:45 am »

My votes were still valid so I didn't have to update them.

The only one I really really wanted was the "Museums" entry, for the idea of a display stand. Useless artifacts amulets and scepters contributing to room value? Yes please.

I know we can mod this in, but it would be nice to have it in vanilla.

ragman le bon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 10:18:13 am »

Yes! Realistic mining, return of the Guild masters and crucially Depth by darkening/misting/blurring. still 1481 votes on improved hauling, wonder how many of these people are no longer on the forum. . .

greenskye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 01:43:34 pm »

I imagine some people are holding out till they actually play with the hauling changes. They look good from the dev log, but you never know till you actually use it.

I voted for
  • Allow engravings for constructions
  • Full graphics support
  • Standing production orders
All 3 are about the same level of importance to me. Probably graphics is number 1, but I'd love to just setup brewing once and then forget it for all eternity.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:45:30 pm by greenskye »

oven_baked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 02:10:29 pm »

I've gone with, standing production order, farming improvements and job priority.
because; micromanaging brewing and food is annoying, Farming is a bit dull, and some jobs NEED to be done and others don't.
We just need to get Toady to embed a Lisp interpreter into DF.  Learning lambda calculus in order to play the game wouldn't make DF's learning curve much steeper.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 02:51:16 pm »

Depth by darkening / misting / blurring
    Farming Improvements
    Z Level Pathfinding
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 03:26:28 pm »

Full graphics support
Improved (Speed Up) Pathfinder.
Job Priorities

Odd. Probably voted while I was using a tileset.

Darksilverhawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 07:17:12 pm »

Interface Improvements
Job Priorities
More Detailed Religion

I'd had retire a fortress as one of my options prior to looking back just now, but swapped it out for religion improvements due to the immigration changes. That doesn't have anything to do with the hauling improvements, of course.
When a dwarf has to make a decision, they will make the wrong one approximately 99.7% of the time.

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 08:14:27 am »

Haven't changed mine in ages:

Death Details
    Slow Down Immigration
    Standing production orders

I still want those.  Standing Production Orders is next on the list after minecarts, so with a bit of luck Toady might be working on it in the next release, unless something overtakes it.
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 10:20:13 am »

One cool thing about DF is how very differently people play. Anyway, here are my three:

Adventure Mode Skills
Standing production orders
Store bones & shell in bins or barrels
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Andeerz

• Bay Watcher
  • ...likes cows for their haunting moos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 04:53:42 pm »

My votes have always been:

Feces and Urine
Improved Tools
Lighting, Heating, and Ventilation...

I would have had Realistic Mining up there if it didn't already have a healthy amount of votes, but I figure that has enough votes to eventually get worked on!
Pages: [1] 2 3