Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Would this be enough to get a character infected?  (Read 3578 times)

camz123

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Would this be enough to get a character infected?
« on: May 07, 2012, 04:43:35 pm »

I recently went out to fight a werewolf to try to get infected by it. Unfortunately the werewolf only managed to land one shot on me during the entire fight, luckily it was a bite, however I'm not sure if the bite has to be deep to infect a character.
The Werewolf latches on firmly!
The Werewolf shakes You around by the right lower arm, tearing apart the right lower arm's muscle and bruising the bone!
An artery in the right lower arm has been opened by the attack, many nerves have been severed, a ligament has been torn and a tendon has been torn!
So as the title states my question is would that one attack be enough to infect my character?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Would this be enough to get a character infected?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 05:25:27 pm »

Were-doggy = Yes

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 06:32:22 pm »

Shoots, I got bit by a were-river otter. Where's the cool factor in that?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 06:49:22 pm by Mrhappyface »
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 08:00:34 pm »

The real cool factor is in the healing properties. Yeah, go wield both of your left and right arms with your left and right arms.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Hylas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 08:18:37 pm »

I think the crucial factor is how much/which tissue it damaged in the original bite, before the 'latches on firmly'. It has to break the skin rather than just bruising.

Viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 09:18:00 pm »

If I regrew limbs I guess I'd be grateful to be bitten by a were-otter. It doesn't sound so bad. Maybe you can swim faster.
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 09:19:19 pm »

The real cool factor is in the healing properties. Yeah, go wield both of your left and right arms with your left and right arms.

Then become a necromancer and zombify your left and right arms that are being held in your left and right arms.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 03:49:09 pm »

I think the crucial factor is how much/which tissue it damaged in the original bite, before the 'latches on firmly'. It has to break the skin rather than just bruising.

Bites don't cause bruising if they hit, only lovely tearing. Unless they were blocked by clothing or armour. So generally if you're bitten and it only bruises, it indicates that you haven't been infected :D

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 04:05:10 pm »

The problem is surviving a bite, because it's usually all over once they sink teeth in. Even if you have godlike strength and wrestling to break the hold, werebeasts have the cunning to not even try until they've knocked you down. After your movement speed is halved, they can chomp and shake before you can do anything.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 07:08:59 pm »

Just stand there until they get a bite in. Then...deal with them. Or not, I've had people trying to kill me after I killed a werewolf. It was kinda annoying.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 05:15:06 am »

Is this true, do you really heal your limbs if you are a werewolf? If so do you need to eat and drink as well? If not then damn Im going to roll a werewolf asap.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 05:19:27 am »

What do you mean by "roll" a werewolf?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 05:28:29 am »

I found that weregiraffes have amazing linguistic ability. That neck is always going to be a vulnerability, but the hooves are pretty mean.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 09:13:48 am »

Is this true, do you really heal your limbs if you are a werewolf? If so do you need to eat and drink as well? If not then damn Im going to roll a werewolf asap.

Yes. Becoming a werewolf gives you the ability to polymorph into your wereform every month under a full moon. In doing so, all wounds (including the aforementioned limb damage, nerve damage, punctured lungs and the like) will heal upon unpolying/transforming back.

However, don't go severing your own left arm or right arm (unless you're suicidal dwarf, in which, please do so) lest you bleed to death while waiting for the next month to come.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 11:16:12 am »

What do you mean by "roll" a werewolf?
Roll is an old term dating back to DnD, when creating a new character involved a lot of die rolls to determine their abilities, hence the term "rolling" the character.

It's become internet slang in the term of creating a new character in virtually any game, even if no actual rolling of dice is involved.
Pages: [1] 2