Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 245348 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - The Awakening
« Reply #990 on: November 06, 2015, 09:40:45 am »

Lightning Trap could hit a lot of enemies since its basically super-trap-spark, maybe. Though I haven't had the best luck with it, the little I've use of it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #991 on: November 06, 2015, 09:51:05 am »

Wait no, am I thinking this backwards again - if I put Cast on Critical hit support gem on a trap skill gem, would that not mean I shit trap out every time I crit when I hit someone with a basic attack?

OR, for that matter, whenever I crit with any attack skill. The way you two put it sounds like trap alone should first crit or something. I am confus. :S

But if I was thinking this right, for hitting a lot of enemies I was thinking of taking reave.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #992 on: November 06, 2015, 09:54:13 am »

Wait no, am I thinking this backwards again - if I put Cast on Critical hit support gem on a trap skill gem, would that not mean I shit trap out every time I crit when I hit someone with a basic attack?

OR, for that matter, whenever I crit with any attack skill. The way you two put it sounds like trap alone should first crit or something. I am confus. :S

But if I was thinking this right, for hitting a lot of enemies I was thinking of taking reave.
Cast on Critical will cast any linked spells when the linked attack scores a crit, pretty sure it just flat out won't work with traps.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 06, 2015, 12:49:20 pm »

Cast on Critical will cast any linked spells when the linked attack scores a crit, pretty sure it just flat out won't work with traps.

The wiki info says traps should cast successfully from the CoC, as they are officially spells. Whether it centers on you or the target is the real question, and which of those you want depends on the attack skill.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 06, 2015, 01:08:40 pm »

So, bit of chronological news:
The announcement for the expansion is sometime this month, while Darkshrine's running. Talisman leagues and 2.1.0 in Dec, after Darkshrine. 2.2.0 (the next expansion) Q1 next year, right after Talisman leagues end.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 09, 2015, 06:19:37 pm »

I guess that CoC business boils down to me forgetting almost completely how the whole gem system even works in PoE. And re-reading the wiki helped, I think I get it now.

Anyways, I said sack it and rolled my first shadow. Gonna pick all trap skill, ALL of them.

Ok, maybe not the trap duration one, I want traps to go boom as soon as possible. And might skip trap crit too, doesn't seem worth it?

Speaking of things going boom, man do I love my fire traps. They truly make a satisfying BOOM when they go off. Apart from that, I'm also running with bear trap for single target dmg/utility stun, viper strike for sustained single target dmg and recently got whirling blades which is neat escape/sometimes-engage tool. Was thinking of picking assassin's mark + curse on hit somewhere down the road BUT things just got better - I so do like this.

No dual wielding for me, currently it's dagger/claw + (spiked) shield for melee, because my trap laying gets me often in the thick of groups and shields give you some bonus def. Might be unimportant later if I take some evasion nodes, but I like it for now. Besides, I'm also kinda preparing myself for this playstyle if I ever find Jaws of Agony. Anyways, I'm having fun and !!FUN!!.

Fire Nova Mine is cool...and still useless, because you have to stop and place it at your feet first. Wish it was a trap.
What if you used trap support gem on it?
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 09, 2015, 06:26:22 pm »

Trap duration doesn't make them take longer to arm, if i remember correctly. It makes them last longer before they go poof without exploding into fire ground. Which league is the shadow in, btw? Wouldn't mind grouping up with a trap shadow sometimes.

And if I used trap on it, wouldn't the trap just throw the mine? you'd have to manually trigger it anyways.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 10, 2015, 01:19:26 am »

Yeah, I guess that does make them last long without upping the arm time. But it's just I never found the need for them to actually last longer. Well, I will take take node if there's a need, I'm taking the whole rest of that wheel (clever construction) anyways. As for league, I'm in Darkshrine, non-hardcore. I regret it a tiny bit because I didn't know beforehand I can't access my stash from other two chars because different leagues, but it ends in few weeks anyways.

As for that trap support gem - I dunno, never tested it myself. Wiki says it might work? But I might be just reading it wrong, wouldn't be the first time. :P

edit: mentioning assassin's mark in my last post, anyone has any opinion on power charges? Worth taking some charge duration etc. nodes in passive tree? Though I'm starting to think my build is going all over the place again, heh. I'm still not sure how much should I invest in crits, given I'm going trap strong. Maybe I'll just stack on evasion first.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:08:24 pm by Sinistar »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 12, 2015, 09:40:03 pm »

So I'm on a tablet currently so it'd be a pain to get the url tag to work, but the announcement about the Talisman leagues/2.1 update has been posted. A trio of synegistic chaos damage spells (by their base level reqs, they're going to show up somewhere between mud flats quest and brutus vendor gems, which sounds great imo) some more bow skills (one being a turret, one is some sort of lightning shot, and the last is some sort of bow-firestorm), some new supports (the aurify curse one and one that boosts spell damage in exchange for crit chance, for example), assorted improvements and uniques.

Talisman (from what I can tell from the post and the little teaser) involves modding single monsters like the ghosts, but instead the monsters get attracted to them instead of dragging them around to the monsters. It also is talismans as in items. All talismans are corrupted by default and count as amulets (its not like that slot was already full of choices or anything... ::)). HC has a slightly different set of talismans than standard.
Lorewise, these are primeval Ezomyte things, and you can sacrifice them in sets of 5 at stone circles to provoke a fight for better tier of talisman. Or apparently just sac one of a rarity for a chance at a similar rarity? A set of tier-3s sacrificed invokes a portal to a new special boss, the Wolven King. Unsurprisingly if you'vd read this far, he has an even better talisman if you don't get murdered by him. It starts around 4pm EST/1pm pacific on the 11th of December.

In non-news, I've been having fun raining lightning around and on top of the burninated monsters Sinistar's been hitting with traps :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Ascendancy
« Reply #999 on: November 20, 2015, 03:11:30 pm »

Mad Emperor creates deadly labyrinths as a test for his more deadly labyrinth, news at 11 over here.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: November 21, 2015, 04:45:57 am »

I'm not sure I like the looks of this. The ascendency classes seem to force certain playstyles into certain classes, which seems somewhat counter productive to the unified skill tree. It's hard to say with so much still unrevealed, but it seems like a summoner witch is going to be a lot better than a summoner templar/shadow/scion now... instead of only slightly better.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 21, 2015, 07:31:02 am »

It's true, but I don't think PoE really takes advantage of its "you can do anything" mantra to begin with. You can currently be just as successful as a summoner templar as a summoner witch, sure, but that's basically because they're the same exact thing. The only difference between the two will be early game leveling. Later on, it's almost purely cosmetic. Post-ascendancy this will change. Sure, the Witch may be flat out better - but at least trying to pull off a summoner as the other classes will actually feel different and pose unique challenges.

I feel like PoE not forcing the player's hand is something that's more an ideology than something that actually improves the gameplay. I've never thought "hey this is awesome my templar plays exactly like my witch does", but I have thought "it sucks that my templar plays exactly like my witch does".

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 21, 2015, 08:01:32 am »

Has the game been updated majorly as of late? I used to play this last year but it got boring.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 21, 2015, 08:04:38 am »

My bigger problem with this expansions is actually new labyrinth dungeon with traps. I really dont like that type of gameplay, and how it seems you will need to do it if you want to get the new sub classes. So preatty much all the new "optional" content they announced doesnt look fun for me.

When it comes to sub classes them selves, I dont know why they didnt implement the  passive tree that is shared  for all second classes, similar tot heir main passive tree. But even than I dont see that much of a problem with current implementation.

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: November 21, 2015, 08:06:18 am »

Has the game been updated majorly as of late? I used to play this last year but it got boring.
Yeah, it gets constantly updated every few months with smaller or bigger updates. They released a new act few months ago.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 100