Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 245241 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Open Beta!
« Reply #300 on: January 28, 2013, 09:11:01 pm »

Nothing is wrong with the game, though my character has low HP for his class and level, you are meant to really stack elemental defense in advance.

I hear some people bring it as high as 90% just to be able to do those sections without a team.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 28, 2013, 09:31:01 pm »

Theres basically two things you need to keep up, though not constantly until Cruel or so really. HP (or ES, or both), and your defense of choice. Elemental resists are also useful, especially cold resist for antifreeze. You can't tank hits forever, but if you can take a couple you've got time to Get ye flask. And also ye counterattack.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 28, 2013, 09:35:35 pm »

If your defence of choice is evasion then you are a long distance character.

Evasion doesn't hold up in melee very well.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 09:42:37 pm by Neonivek »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 28, 2013, 09:55:06 pm »

It probably suffers the most from level differences, I'd suspect.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 28, 2013, 09:56:44 pm »

It probably suffers the most from level differences, I'd suspect.

According to my friend Evasion is a useless avenue to go into right now because the game overnerfs it with each difficulty.

It is better, if you go full evasion, to get Iron Reflexes.

Though I HIGHLY suspect this will change. It hurts Rangers too much.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 28, 2013, 10:00:46 pm »

Evasion has always been somewhat of a odd defense. Armor reduces physical damage, ES eats damage for you before your health does (excepr for chaos damage, unless you have CI), both do that all the time (ES has to regenerate first though). Evasion is a chance to dodge.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 28, 2013, 11:44:49 pm »

Evasion has always been somewhat of a odd defense. Armor reduces physical damage, ES eats damage for you before your health does (excepr for chaos damage, unless you have CI), both do that all the time (ES has to regenerate first though). Evasion is a chance to dodge.

Moreover, a mod in chat said that the more you dodge, the more likely you are to be hit next time. Some sort of "entropy factor" according to him. Even if you could dodge 100% it lowers with each miss till it hits.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 28, 2013, 11:53:31 pm »

THeres also the craziness that is Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics (Strip all armor/ES for a 20% chance to dodge attacks, and also spells once you have Phase, along with a few passives in-between them to add a few more percentage points), though I don't know how that effects your evasion rating.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 28, 2013, 11:58:31 pm »

Moreover, a mod in chat said that the more you dodge, the more likely you are to be hit next time. Some sort of "entropy factor" according to him. Even if you could dodge 100% it lowers with each miss till it hits.

I have been experimenting with that on my shadow archer, and my current strategy is to stand and shoot while tanking one or 2 melee attacks then move back and repeat. I barely get hit using this technique and it allow for longer shooting sprees. A bit more dangerous against freezing or lightning monster that can stun you, not taking chances with those. 

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 30, 2013, 09:00:06 am »

So I have tons of characters, hardcore... my main is a necromancer witch level 33. Breezing through the game. I love Minion Instability. My minions explode upon death, and I can keep summoning skeletons forever.

Add me, KaelGotRice.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 30, 2013, 12:12:04 pm »

I started to have a lot of crashes in this game in act 3  :(. It looks like the problem is in win xp
Make love not war

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 30, 2013, 01:47:47 pm »

Just lost another HC character, this time my lvl 21 witch, im considering playing the game on default just to win it one time and get a good idea of the builds posible, at this rate it will take me 1 year to reach 30 in HC.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 30, 2013, 01:54:37 pm »

'possible builds' in default is different from HC. In default you don't have to worry about death penalties until cruel.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #313 on: January 30, 2013, 02:35:13 pm »

Sweet holy fuck the Act 2 boss. I mean, the whole area was tricky, then BAM YOU DEAD FOO.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 30, 2013, 03:02:55 pm »

Vaal Oversoul does not care for your shenanigans, it just shows up and then BAM.

Or no bam if you avoid it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 100