Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 245118 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Open Beta: January 23, 2013 (Check the timer on PoE site)
« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2013, 05:59:14 pm »

Looking forward to playing this. I take it everyone's under NDA and can't give out any tips? ;)
What NDA? ;)

Also, be more specific. Suggesting energy shield is not as helpful to marauder as it is to witch.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2013, 06:01:15 pm »

Honestly the advanced builds in Path of Exile look NIGHTMARISH!

"No evasion" build for example. (Though I think the "Dodger" build is tougher)

As well there are certain vaguenesses. For example if you have an ability that says you don't get an attribute AND you have another that says you convert that attribute... what wins out?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2013, 06:03:19 pm »

Some are insane yeah, and then some are just plain stupid. Like Chaos Inoculation + Blood Magic. Or CI + Eldritch Battery.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2013, 06:15:23 pm »

Some are insane yeah, and then some are just plain stupid. Like Chaos Inoculation + Blood Magic. Or CI + Eldritch Battery.

It is kinda why I predict respecs will have to be paid for with real life cash.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2013, 06:20:01 pm »

Nope, the transactions are going to be all cosmetic. You have 24 character slots, free respec points from some quests, and as many respec points as you can get orbs of regret (and the rare passives reset if the skilldrasil gets a notable enough change); you've got plenty of space to experiment with things. Common sense enough to not pick another major passive thats going to kill you constantly would be helpful. ;D

The first one of those literally kills you (Use life for skills, yet only have 1 life and masses of energy shield), the second one because now you have no energy sheld and 1 life. There is not enough armor or evasion in the universe to save you from that.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:23:10 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2013, 06:31:25 pm »

Honestly the advanced builds in Path of Exile look NIGHTMARISH!

Nope, the transactions are going to be all cosmetic. You have 24 character slots, free respec points from some quests, and as many respec points as you can get orbs of regret (and the rare passives reset if the skilldrasil gets a notable enough change)

That's literally space for 4 specializations for each class.  Even without vectors for respec, that allows plenty of room for experimenting, and growing a build organically that suits your personal style.  So what if you flub a build and hit a brick wall...  dump the decent loot into the stash, delete and begin again with the wisdom in-hand.  :)
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2013, 06:54:35 pm »

Now that I can put some real time into the game and not lose my character or be cut short by weekend betas, I'll be playing more of this.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2013, 06:56:39 pm »

Also, you can buy more character slots (or stash space tabs). I don't know why you need more unless you have 24 names ready, but you can.

Stash space on the otherhand, is shared between all characters in the same league. ALways nice to have more, you start with four pages of it. (stash uses the same inventory tetris as inventory, but with a lot more space)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2013, 06:59:48 pm »

Also, you can buy more character slots (or stash space tabs). I don't know why you need more unless you have 24 names ready, but you can.

Stash space on the otherhand, is shared between all characters in the same league. ALways nice to have more, you start with four pages of it. (stash uses the same inventory tetris as inventory, but with a lot more space)

As long as this doesn't go into Dungeon Fighter Online territory where stash space was actually what outright ended the game for you if you didn't pay up or use packmules.

Heck I'd still be playing that now if I didn't have that issue.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2013, 07:04:15 pm »

As long as this doesn't go into Dungeon Fighter Online territory where stash space was actually what outright ended the game for you if you didn't pay up or use packmules.

Heck I'd still be playing that now if I didn't have that issue.

Stash space in PoE is generous to the point where I'm not sure if GGG intends to make money on stash sales (or perhaps they're banking on extreme hoarders getting addicted to packratting).
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2013, 07:07:31 pm »

Theres already people that spent all the microtransaction credit they got in the supporter pack on stash tabs, does that count?
Also, stuff like premium tabs (name/color it instead of it just being labeled with a number) and at some point public tabs (for trading stuff to people or showing off how messy organized your stash tab is)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:09:13 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2013, 07:29:52 pm »

If GGG has the loot pinata formulas tuned correctly, then there will certainly be a few people that buy absurd numbers of tabs, whether it's to further merchant dreams, or for collecting.  I won't be among them, as I tend towards utilitarian and ascetic ideals, even within games.

On other notes, are there clan/guild systems in the game already?  Are we doin' a B12 group there, with or without in-game systems for it?
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2013, 07:34:08 pm »

There are not groups/guilds/clans in yet. There is a working friends list (which shows you whos on/offline), and I could make a list of B12 people in the OP.

There is also a working ignore list, which will probably need as much use as the servers tomorrow if doom-laden predictions about Global chat are correct.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:35:57 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 22, 2013, 08:39:07 pm »

Ze forum, it has ze patch notes for the OB tomorrow!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2013, 03:06:56 am »

So, the site says "final Character wipe" and open beta tomorrow. Does that mean characters made under open beta carry over to the final release? Any words of advice for a brand newbie?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 100