Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 245166 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Open Beta!
« Reply #225 on: January 24, 2013, 06:09:33 pm »

Alright. Just remember, Having cold damage does not make you cold resistant. And Merveil is a royal pain in the ass without cold resist.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 24, 2013, 06:16:58 pm »

The way people have been going on about this you'd think it was the BESTEST GAME EVAR. However I just haven't been able to find much fun in it thus far. Maybe its cause I never played Diablo or something. I'll keep trying for a couple days but I expect this to be uninstalled by Monday.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 24, 2013, 06:39:43 pm »

I was not a big fan of this game during closed beta(early on) and left it alone for 2+ months. Now that I returned it seems a bit more intuitive and enjoyable, so maybe I just needed to ease my way in. I don't really have time to devote to it but I am enjoying it a lot.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 24, 2013, 07:09:54 pm »

The way people have been going on about this you'd think it was the BESTEST GAME EVAR. However I just haven't been able to find much fun in it thus far. Maybe its cause I never played Diablo or something. I'll keep trying for a couple days but I expect this to be uninstalled by Monday.
Everygame is the bestest game evar, that the whole point of hype :)

Aside from that, diablo-like ARPGs are like any other genre, not everyone likes them that much, but plenty of people do.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 24, 2013, 07:25:26 pm »

I think it has less to do with the overall bestness of the game...and more to do with the fact it's a Diablo clone that's free to play, and a) it doesn't completely suck b) it's not an abusive cash grab and c) they've thrown some interesting (to me) ideas in there, in a genre that as uncreative as FPS are.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 24, 2013, 08:55:10 pm »

I'm playing, decided to settle on a semi-close range cold witch.
IGN: Jaylea
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 24, 2013, 10:00:40 pm »

There is summon skeletons. They don't last very long and usually die in one hit until the gem levels some, but theres also a thing (in the cosmetics shop) to turn it into summon statues.

It doesn't work any differently, but it looks pretty awesome in comparison I'd say, now that I have the gem again to use. :)
Combine summon skeletons with exploding minions and you have walking bombs! Just put some support gems into it, and it's a viable summoner build.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 24, 2013, 10:02:19 pm »

Downloading as we speak. I always love playing paladin in this kind of games. Are they any good?

Username is Elsior.
Templars are cool, I always play either as hammer+shield elemental templar or cold caster templar.

The only problem is that they don't like skirts or pants. Pants are too mainstream for them. It looks a bit silly in heavy armor.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 24, 2013, 10:09:07 pm »

The templar, as he likes to say, is no beast of burden. Pants are a burden when you need to run everywhere quickly and without having to deal with scorched pants (or soaked pants, or freezing pants). Having to put out or dry off or warm up your pants would give the rhoas time to aim correctly and hit you. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 24, 2013, 10:32:58 pm »

Yeah, pants in PoE are like shirts in Torchlight 2. they're in short supply.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 24, 2013, 11:09:09 pm »

I totally regret not using the beta key I got a while ago... this is pretty great.
I'm trying a ranger, working towards crit focus. Is that silly?

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 24, 2013, 11:42:05 pm »

Such a great game, I've been playing all day with members of the Bay12 steam group,
but if anyone wants to add me, account name : ValidDark
play hardcore only.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 24, 2013, 11:43:41 pm »

Needs a character name, not just an account name.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 25, 2013, 12:48:47 am »

Hrn. So far, not too bad, barring the reoccurring memory leaks. Computer can run it, at least, though I wish I could disable a few more things in relation to graphics.

Any idea how poorly optimized an archer/summoner would be? Zombies make things surprisingly painless for the templar I just gave a go, even though magic in general seems hilaribad early on (guessing it takes off later or something?). Meatshields for the critter actually doing damage and is fairly flimsy is... tempting.

Anyway, just kind of fumbling around, enjoying things. Marauder, templar, ranger, so far. Regen-focused tank (so far, anyway), aiming for lightning blaster (though I currently have no idea what the zappy spells beyond spark [which sucks balls, so far] are >_>), and no clue (though loving poison arrow), respectively. Still on the first... act? I guess. Furthest dude's killed the giant crab thing in the cave. I'll meander more tomorrow.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 25, 2013, 01:05:21 am »

Spark is epic indoors. Combine it with fork, inside building? Probably the closest you'll get to danmaku in this game. Outside though...yeah. It kinda wanders. Doesn't keep the miniboss on the ledge from killing people who don't expect it though.
Other than that, theres lightning arrow (not too bad), Lightning Strike (ranged/melee weapon-based attack, seems to be in high demand in tradechat and is popular with templars), and Arc (chain lightning spell, pretty cool)

Archer/Summoner is pretty stretched out, depending on which way you're starting from. (Ranger needs to go through the middle or through shadow's area to find minion nodes and is going to need a lot of int help and a ton of mana help, Witch needs to go the inverse way down the tree with dex help, Shadow would need to go in both directions and might need a bit of stat help eventually. Templar has to cross the entire tree to get to bows unless I'm missing something in his nearby area, but is pretty close to the minions. Marauder Summon Archer is an absurd idea. Duelist I never really have tried, honestly. Eventually I'll make one.). Try planning it out on the passive tree on the website.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:10:00 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 100