Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 245132 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Open Beta!
« Reply #195 on: January 23, 2013, 11:44:01 pm »

If you befriend someone, it'll swap between names as they log one or the other on and fade-in/fade-out in the corner near your skillslots. (I know mostly because I'd added one of the mods awhile ago during the closed beta and he has like, 7 different names today, one of them being the pretty cool ThereWillBeHugs :) ) If you aren't online your account name is there instead.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 23, 2013, 11:53:09 pm »

Righto; my PoE username is the same as my B12 username.  ( it's nice having an obscure latin handle  ^___^ )

I couldn't remember what I named my barbarians way back when... so I came up with a new b12-homage name for my Marauder.

Urist_vonUristsson.  :D

EDIT:  I'm in Arizona, GMT-7 during the cold months.  Likely to be on regularly in the evenings local times.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:00:02 am by aristabulus »
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2013, 05:16:50 am »

I would give you my IGN right now, but for some reason the last 50 games i've downloaded like to run into a problem 30 minutes into the download I leave it to do overnight, then not restart itself.
My account name is Facekillz058, though.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 24, 2013, 05:37:14 am »

Deon_Boatmurdered, add me. Just started a templar cold mage, something I wanted in cbt but never got around to.

Also I love my kiwi, but these new pets are cozy too. It's unfair that they made a cool fireball but not an ice spear effect. I want a frost skull!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 24, 2013, 06:07:42 am »

I'm Briggsy on this if anyone feels like adding me.

Loving this game.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 24, 2013, 07:22:08 am »

Are chars separative for servers (euro, us)?

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 24, 2013, 07:39:31 am »

Downloading as we speak. I always love playing paladin in this kind of games. Are they any good?

Username is Elsior.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 24, 2013, 08:15:12 am »

Are chars separative for servers (euro, us)?
No. Same characters on all servers

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 24, 2013, 09:34:12 am »

My first char is named Moriart, a daggers-dual-wielding guy.
We can only add people using their char's name. So please give the name of one of your characters.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 09:38:42 am by Meta »
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 24, 2013, 09:38:34 am »

Downloading on my schools utterly amazing internet right now, should be able to play tonight.
What do the 2 main stats do?
I'm assuming other than the gear you can equip:
Strength buffs raw damage?
Dexterity/agility/whatever it's called in this game affects your hit chance/dodge chance and or critical hit chance?
Intelligence/Magic/what ever it is called in this game affects your maximum whatever spell resource is as well as spell damage?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 24, 2013, 09:43:39 am »

Downloading as we speak. I always love playing paladin in this kind of games. Are they any good?

Username is Elsior.
Templar can be a very sturdy guy, afaik. Not as tough as marauder generally, but certainly harder to kill than the witch most of the time. He starts midway between the two on the passives skilldrasil.

Strength, Dex, and Int all do two things, and also are requirements for their respective skill gem colors and certain pieces of gear.
Strength adds life and melee damage.
Dexterity improves evasion and accuracy
Intelligence boosts mana and energy shield

If you hover over the stat circles next to your character's startpoint you can see these as well.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 24, 2013, 09:51:47 am »

Thanks for clarifying, download is half over as I speak.

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 24, 2013, 10:02:48 am »

Well it looks like the only problem was with downloading speed, my update of 1.5gb was finished after 5h of download.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 24, 2013, 10:05:54 am »

Open Beta's main problem has been download speed, yeah. You can only hammer servers so much before it just causes everyone's speed to drop.

Also, elsior we'd need a character name to add you/
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 24, 2013, 10:26:12 am »

Well I should be playing this a bunch more now that it's in OB. I have a dual wielding lightning and claw Shadow named Malthyr that I got a start on last night and I'll probably be trying a mace and shield firesmashing Marauder as well. Then maybe a supporty auras-and-charge-sharing Templar. I kind of have a lot of things I want to try...
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 100