Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 245111 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Atlas of Worlds
« Reply #1245 on: November 29, 2016, 11:50:52 pm »

Flame golem got buffed by 200% and you can use three of them.
If i don't see any golemancer builds show up i will be very surprised.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 30, 2016, 12:19:36 am »

Flame Golem's damage has been increased by 200%.

Holy sheet. And I get three of those now? My summoner just got a huge buff from that.

Melee Skeletons from the Summon Skeletons skill now deal 25% more damage. Summon Skeletons and Vaal Summon Skeletons skills now have a cast time of 0.8 seconds, down from 1 second.

Raise Spectre now grants +30% elemental resistances to its minions.

Totems and all other minions now have 40% elemental resistance and 20% chaos resistance. This also includes minions that didn't have resistances previously, like wolves.

Between all those buffs, my minions are all now way more durable, and they were durable as fuck in the 1st tier of maps. All in all my Summoner just got way tougher.

The "of Frenzy", "of Endurance" and "of Power" mods will no longer appear, as they could cause performance issues in areas with many monsters.

Doh. Those were my go-to safe mods to roll on lower level maps. :(

Many monsters in end-game maps have been rebalanced, fixing cases where they did too little damage.

Lel.

Several totem buffs too, looks like a nice survivability buff.

Also no mention for the buff to melee range and targeting and all that stuff? It won't bring melee into parity with ranged but at least maybe melee won't be so fucking sucky to play now, chasing mobs around with your damn cursor so much.

I can see GGG tried to sort of hit the biggest complaints on the forums: Blade Flurry, Melee and Minions. Kinda excited to check all this out. And I guess maybe buy another stash tab for Essences. :X
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 12:31:15 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 30, 2016, 12:23:16 am »

BV actually got buffed, surprisingly. Around 22.5% more damage at 20 stacks. Breaks even with before at 12 or 13.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 30, 2016, 01:16:03 am »

Flame Golem's damage has been increased by 200%.

Holy sheet. And I get three of those now?
...if you use some combination that results in +2 golems, yes. Like dual clayshaper. They have not buffed the default golem limit. I probably should've pointed that out first.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 30, 2016, 03:22:13 am »

Curious to see how/if people fit golems into their builds; I was under the impression summoners were already starving for links, so fitting in a properly linked golem setup could be difficult. Do people run 6l spectres, or just a 4l? I imagine you might be able to use spectres+flame golem+4 supports in your chest, although if using your 6l for something else is the norm, that might not be reasonable.

They could be a pretty decent 3l/4l on an elementalist, but I have my doubts about whether or not the golems themselves will do much of anything in high tier maps if you don't scale them or grab 3/4 with clayshapers (which you certainly wont want to do if you're playing something like flameblast elementalist). Even with 200% damage, they're competing with skills that clear a screen in a couple frames.

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: November 30, 2016, 05:40:12 am »

Will not play this league (as nothing big is changing and its more of the same), except to check new things in act 1.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 30, 2016, 09:12:50 am »

Hmmm. Torn on the patch. On the one hand, my SRS summoner's durability has just shot up even more. On the other, SRS just got maybe-nerfed. Will have to play it to see how it works in practice. That said, might actually increase my single target damage as more damage per spirit.

But yeah, golem buffs are nice. Still might not be top tier build, but if it's viable for more content then I'm not going to object :P
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 10:05:47 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 30, 2016, 01:31:00 pm »

SRS got the previous BV changes, basically. Less lag, less cast speed needed, more damage.

Also Rex, I drop spectres into 'if space available' links. Zombies, skeletotem, and other summoner things like auras take priority until the ghosts get some form of persistance. They're too finicky as-is.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 01:34:02 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: December 01, 2016, 12:15:06 am »

Also Rex, I drop spectres into 'if space available' links. Zombies, skeletotem, and other summoner things like auras take priority until the ghosts get some form of persistance. They're too finicky as-is.

Really surprised you use skeletotem! Most people won't touch summons without spectres, just because zombos have like a third of the clearspeed of flame sentinel spectres. But hey, if it works, it works!

More importantly though, ziggy showed off a possible golemancer build capable of basically all the content using flame golems+zombies. I didnt expect there to be a jewel that alters the AI of the golems, but apparently there's a new one that makes them extremely aggressive. Having them attacking constantly like SRS instead of wandering around mid-combat like they do now makes them more than serviceable.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: December 01, 2016, 01:07:08 am »

I have a very simple strategy when it comes to my summoner who has existed since the start of the open beta and was in the cbt before then (when minion ai was actually terrible), Rex: Play a summoner with as many nice items I've accumulated in standard as possible.
Don't give a damn about clearspeed, don't even look in the direction of yonder flask-bullshit pathfinder meta (rip flask on crit). Just smash the enemy before you with minions!

Its practically the only build I have at this point which hasn't changed a bit other than the occasional improvement or gem sockets problem. If I want to go fast, I play something else like LW mines. Summoner is not for of fast. Summoner is for minion armies, and penta-golem shenanigans is exactly what I was hoping for from that video. Aggressive golems is a bigger buff than tge rest, but not needing elementalist is a bonus.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 01:11:22 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: December 01, 2016, 10:35:41 am »

Summoners are still about 1,000x faster than dedicated melee. When I switch to my summoner from my sword and board scion, I feel like I'm playing the clearspeed meta, despite not actually doing so.

And it's weird....after about an hour of that, I go back to my Scion. It may be slow as balls to play but I dunno, I feel like I'm actually earning the right to level with her. Everything else is so trivial easy by comparison. My only true complaint is that my scion can't handle all boss mechanics, where my summoner generally can because they have the DPS to make it less of an issue. (I'm looking at you, Crematorium boss.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: December 03, 2016, 08:52:22 am »

So I started playing the league again... my last time playing a league was Ambush. The breaches are potentially very deadly... they vary greatly, sometimes you have to hunt for things to kill, sometimes you get a screen full of mobs within seconds.

I was trying a summoner again (ES/HP SRS), since all those buffs. Reached normal act 3 and I realized she's not going to do well with breaches... I guess it's time to reroll.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 08:53:58 am by kcwong »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: December 03, 2016, 10:25:00 am »

I've done pretty fine in breaches with SRS. You just need some tougher zombies to be distractions and some life flasks. Will see how it goes later with golem backup.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 10:26:59 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Fall of Oriath
« Reply #1258 on: February 14, 2017, 04:39:01 pm »

So it turns out, theres gonna be a league between Breach league and 3.0.0 not just because Act 5 is large.

Its because we're actually getting 6 new acts.

ZiggyD also has a video about the new stuff.

Also since I might as well point it out while I'm bumping the thread, Nist Akath (the guild we've had for b12 and friends of b12 for quite a bit) has a discord now for talking about poe stuff or other stuff.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Fall of Oriath
« Reply #1259 on: February 14, 2017, 05:14:09 pm »

Looks incredible. Rolling characters and playing up until Act 10 is probably going to be more fun than hitting maps, now.

PoE community is super hype about this, and for good reason! Largest expansion ever, by several orders of magnitude.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 100