Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 58

Author Topic: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Is this the endgame?)  (Read 99993 times)

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vanigo, I have a couple of random questions for you:
1) Does siege reduce the bonus defense from terrain only when the unit with the siege power is attacking, or for the whole battle whenever anyone is attacking?
2) What exactly does Bless (from the priest) do?
3) What does aura of weakness (from the priest of death) do?
4) What does dispel magic (from the wizard) do?
5) Is there any difference between swimming (from the Kraken) and sailing (from boats)?
1) Only when the siege unit is attacking. And it only works on walls, not on base terrain bonuses.
2) Increases defense and resistance.
3) Debuffs attack, defense, and resistance by 1 (doesn't work on undead or mechanical units)
4) Removes buffs.
5) No, just a different name.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Is this the endgame?)
« Reply #811 on: February 01, 2013, 07:24:35 pm »

I think siege units deserve a buff significant buff if they don't help allies (assuming that I read what you said correctly, and they don't weaken the bonus defense for the entire enemy army, just during their attack). They are simply not useful at all in any way if they don't, they are too weak, too slow, and their special power doesn't provide a significant benefit.

I am also going to note that over the past week I have improved my turn substantially through numerous revision (and in the past few most recent turns as well). If the turns just got finished sooner my turns would probably end up being quite a bit worse, which would be to everyone's advantage since it looks like it is shaping up to eventually turn into me vs the whole eastern continent.
I don't think it is an exaggeration to say that the revisions I have made in the past few turns due to the turns each lasting two weeks reduced the time it will end up taking to finish assimilating the continent by 3/4 turns.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Is this the endgame?)
« Reply #812 on: February 02, 2013, 04:03:57 pm »

I think siege units deserve a buff significant buff if they don't help allies (assuming that I read what you said correctly, and they don't weaken the bonus defense for the entire enemy army, just during their attack). They are simply not useful at all in any way if they don't, they are too weak, too slow, and their special power doesn't provide a significant benefit.
Oh, I see, I misunderstood the question. During the battle in which they attack, they'll reduce the defense bonus across the board. I meant that the siege unit has to be an attacking unit, not that it only works on the siege unit's attacks.

Also, I forgot to mention in the last post: Bless and aura of weakness are aura abilities, automatically affecting all the appropriate units in the battle. Dispel magic is an inflict ability, which fires off when the wizards attack and do damage.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 03, 2013, 03:41:18 am »

Some more questions then:
1) Does siege stack?
2) Do auras end if the unit casting it (auraing it? projecting it? eminating it?) dies? Or do they stay on till the end of the battle.
3) Do terrain defense bonuses boost magic defense?

Also: Bump Irony. I know that I am being a bit of a pain in the ass with all this repetitive bumping, but I do kind of want the game to go a little faster.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:54:06 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: February 03, 2013, 10:19:21 am »

I'm going to give you the Sheb Seal of Approval to bump Irony to death if you need too. I can be sympathetic to a few days for a turn, but this is too much.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: February 04, 2013, 02:37:00 am »

Vanigo: After a bit of thought, I propose a auto pass (or auto-run) turn if a player takes more then a week on their turn.
I realize that there are sometimes extenuating circumstances, but taking two weeks every single turn is a tad ridiculous, especially for a game as straightforward and easy to do a turn for as this (as opposed to forum games that require you to run all the calculations for your turn yourself, or write tons of flavor text or whatever).

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: February 04, 2013, 12:10:27 pm »

I second this motion.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 04, 2013, 12:15:25 pm »

third'd
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 04, 2013, 12:18:42 pm »

Although I second it with the caveat that Irony be given at least a couple more days. Don't want to change the rule mid-turn or something.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: February 04, 2013, 12:35:24 pm »

Although I second it with the caveat that Irony be given at least a couple more days. Don't want to change the rule mid-turn or something.

That is entirely true.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: February 07, 2013, 12:03:36 pm »

Yeah, and its now time for another bump for Irony: It's been 13 days since the turn has started, seriously, just hurry up and post already, its not like it will take more then a minute to do a turn.

This is also a bump for Vanigo: Even a no response to my proposal would be fine, since any response at all is a big improvement to no response.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: February 08, 2013, 09:06:33 pm »

And a bump.

Irony, are you alive?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 09, 2013, 06:08:14 am »

And a bump.

Irony, are you alive?
Barely.

Vanigo: After a bit of thought, I propose a auto pass (or auto-run) turn if a player takes more then a week on their turn.
I'm forced to agree with this, though. Having me miss every other turn is probably preferable to turns taking two weeks apiece, especially when everyone else has their stuff in within three days.

I do have my current turn, though:

Spoiler: Kingdom of Tarr (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 09, 2013, 06:52:18 am »

Barely? Did something bad happen to you IRL?

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: February 09, 2013, 06:10:50 pm »

I'm afraid I haven't been all that enthusiastic about this game for the last five turns or so. Not that I'm going to stop running it...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Game save
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 58