Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 58

Author Topic: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Is this the endgame?)  (Read 100026 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Is "within 10 turn" equivalent to "soon" for you? I could get an army of drakes to you back in this time.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

Is "within 10 turn" equivalent to "soon" for you? I could get an army of drakes to you back in this time.
Compared to how long your guys fight was going for without any kind of conclusion at all or even a single real city changing hands, 10 turns for a real conclusion is quite fast in my opinion.

heh, this looks pretty interesting, and seeing as this appears to be heading to a titanic conclusion I'm hoping there will be another game soon I can join in
This game will probably last at least 50 more turns if it doesn't stop before then due to people quitting. Even if the main battles between me and Kash are over in 5 turns, and if it takes just 10 turns for the major cities to be conquered, it will still take quite a while for the forces to get to the other continent, and even after they do, everyone on the eastern continent will probably unite against me/kash, making the conquest take a very long time.
That said, I would be willing to play in a small match right now (ideally 1v1 so it would go fast) if you wanted to.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Vanigo, I can't open the link you provided, I keep getting a 500 error.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 07:34:23 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

heh, this looks pretty interesting, and seeing as this appears to be heading to a titanic conclusion I'm hoping there will be another game soon I can join in
This game will probably last at least 50 more turns if it doesn't stop before then due to people quitting. Even if the main battles between me and Kash are over in 5 turns, and if it takes just 10 turns for the major cities to be conquered, it will still take quite a while for the forces to get to the other continent, and even after they do, everyone on the eastern continent will probably unite against me/kash, making the conquest take a very long time.
That said, I would be willing to play in a small match right now (ideally 1v1 so it would go fast) if you wanted to.

Well, if it was a 3-way melee, I'd be game(3 players does add a lot more trading and politicking/backstabbing possibilities than a 1v1)

Plus, iirc vanigo did make some major changes to resource gathering based on this game, so while this winds down to a conclusion, he can get started on testing those changes with a (hopefully) quick game
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

I would really prefer 1v1, since its far simpler and faster.
It is important to note that a 2 way match will be 2-3 times as fast as a 3 way (due to not having to worry about the third player taking advantage of the fight, so dozens of turns end up shaved off the game since you don't have to worry about another force, also two people submitting turns will end faster then three people submitting turns).
That said, I am fine with a 3 way, as long as it is on a smaller map.

Also, I don't think that this will really wind down for months yet.

You shouldn't have done that Lemon10
I did offer you a good chance to keep the city, and I probably wouldn't have done that if doomblade hadn't sent those troops to harass my city. Just because you took over for him didn't mean that his empire was off the hook for their actions.
I don't really want war with you, and I did offer you a pretty decent deal to keep the city (aka, 4 units of a resource you probably won't ever use in return for a 5 pop city+decent size island), but you didn't accept it.

Also, if you send your ship up where it can unload troops onto pegasus island, I *will* destroy it.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Well, if Vanigo is okay with that, we could just run another game ourselves.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hmmm, I was actually thinking that myself, though I can't even figure out how to use the admin interface or even simply create a map
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

hmmm, I was actually thinking that myself, though I can't even figure out how to use the admin interface or even simply create a map

I know how.  Want me to?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

u offering to GM? Sure. I request a mostly land map with a big central lake

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I'll work on it when I get home.

Spoiler: Possibility (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:52:58 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll work on it when I get home.
That's actually unplayable, because there's no wood on the starting islands, making it impossible to build ships.
Also, a reminder: The reason I'm not putting my saves into spoiler blocks is that the forum hard-caps post length at, IIRC, 20kb, and the saves started out at 75k and have ballooned to 120. There's a real risk that you'll run into this problem, too.

And, I haven't actually made the rules revisions I'm planning on yet. I'll have to do that and then post the new rules filename.

Edit: Okay, you can use GameRules02.xml. The significant changes are as follows:
All special resource tiles have been reduced to 1 resource/round. The grand bazaar, breeder's pasture, and cavern mines have also been nerfed.
Most wood costs have been doubled.
A new unit, mounted crossbowmen, has been added to fill the gap at T2 horse archers.
All flying units except air mages have had their speed reduced, usually by 1.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:03:29 pm by Vanigo »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I finally figured out the admin interface and was messing around and came up with this map!

Note: I forgot to change rulesets so if this is a good map to u zan I or you can easily recreate this with ruleset 2. Also, if we are really gonna do this we should probably create a new thread so as to not clutter up this one

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Also, a reminder: The reason I'm not putting my saves into spoiler blocks is that the forum hard-caps post length at, IIRC, 20kb, and the saves started out at 75k and have ballooned to 120. There's a real risk that you'll run into this problem, too.

By the way, how did you manage to get the world stats to display when you click on the link, rather than getting a .txt document download?

I finally figured out the admin interface and was messing around and came up with this map!

Note: I forgot to change rulesets so if this is a good map to u zan I or you can easily recreate this with ruleset 2. Also, if we are really gonna do this we should probably create a new thread so as to not clutter up this one

That could work.  May need to add some free population, though.  Here's the link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121594.0

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I see. So apparently transports require you to merge the transported army with the transport. That would have been useful to know beforehand.

Spoiler: Kingdom of Tarr (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Hey, you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs, amirite?

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 58