Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 58

Author Topic: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Is this the endgame?)  (Read 100155 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Things are exciting!)
« Reply #510 on: September 03, 2012, 10:30:46 am »

I built the Grand Bazaar, that's 10 money a turn.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Things are exciting!)
« Reply #511 on: September 03, 2012, 10:35:07 am »

Dangit- I don't have quite enough labor to build that.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 03, 2012, 12:10:57 pm »

I built the Grand Bazaar, that's 10 money a turn.

You know, I've been aiming for that one for a while.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 03, 2012, 02:14:39 pm »

Finally!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Game state

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 03, 2012, 04:42:25 pm »

Dangit- I don't have quite enough labor to build that.
Yeah, they are pretty much necessary to have a really large army.

Spoiler: turn (click to show/hide)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 03, 2012, 04:46:37 pm »

Spoiler: Empire of Tesunad (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 06:26:00 pm by Kashyyk »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 03, 2012, 06:19:08 pm »

Well, this should help with the money...

Spoiler: Arcadia (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 04, 2012, 04:01:29 pm »

Sheb and Irony now.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 05, 2012, 02:38:50 am »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 05, 2012, 03:27:08 pm »

IronyOwl? still waiting for youuuu.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 05, 2012, 06:26:18 pm »

Irony, I would recommend getting involved in the war.
You can join with everyone else (and I am sending soldiers there in a few turns as soon as they are done on pegasus island) in attacking doomblade, because 3v1 (or 2 v 1, since both me and Kash probably will probably give 1/2 the forces each that Sheb/doom will put up due to being on another continent) are he will die terribly (eventually), and you should try to get a piece of the pie while you still can, since if you wait too long, then you won't get any of the spoils.
It might not quite be worth it on the mainland (since there are already large armies involved there), but you could pretty easily transport your troops (or at least enough troops to be sure of victory) over there and take it without any real risk.

Or I suppose you could try to rescue him, but that would involve raising a large army (which would be very expensive and significantly slow your growth down in the medium run) and tons of troops to stand a decent chance keeping him from dying on the mainland (you could delay it pretty easily, but actually keeping him alive until the war is over would be much tougher). But taking that course of action would gain you nothing (unless you managed to actually beat Sheb or something, which I don't think you are actually able to do) and just waste your resources.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 05, 2012, 06:34:57 pm »

Or, you could do as you always do- sit it out and bide your time, growing ever-stronger. I know you're much more advanced than me, and I hope you stay that way- Arcadia will go out in flames. I'll surrender my water mana outpost to you when the mainland cities fall.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 06, 2012, 05:48:45 pm »

Well, he needs to do something...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 06, 2012, 06:55:04 pm »

Well, he needs to do something...

Maybe Irony is preparing to destroy everyone at once after you have all weakened yourselves with the war?  A strategy that has been proven to work in history.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 06, 2012, 06:59:30 pm »

I would not be surprised in the least- I realized a while ago that I made a terrible mistake going to war when I did, limiting my technological and demographic growth. I have the same issue in CIV 4.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 58