Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58

Author Topic: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Is this the endgame?)  (Read 99968 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Is this the endgame?)
« Reply #840 on: February 14, 2013, 12:34:36 pm »

Time for another bump: At this point Irony has taken over twice as long to post his turn then anyone else/.

Irony could pass his place off to someone else, like Doomblade did.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Is this the endgame?)
« Reply #841 on: February 16, 2013, 12:54:18 am »

While I didn't really want to bring that option up due to this being Vanigo's game, and so the idea for replacing a player should probably originate from him (or the player themselves), I strongly support that idea.
That said, there is a bit of a problem getting someone to take over, and once they do take over if they haven't played before they could make a mess of things.
I imagine Kash would work, provided he was willing to run two empires for the ~10 turns it would take for me to completely destroy his current empire.

Anyways, no matter what happens its time for another bump seeing as it will be a week in two hours.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: February 16, 2013, 01:03:42 am »

Sorry, lost track of the thread. If you can find a replacement for me that'd probably be wise.

Spoiler: Kingdom of Tarr (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: February 16, 2013, 11:04:35 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat log (click to show/hide)
Game save

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 16, 2013, 01:56:26 pm »

Lemon10, I will order my forces to stand down if you return your sky knights to your empire and do not harm Arcadia henceforth.
Spoiler: Acceptance (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Denial (click to show/hide)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: February 17, 2013, 02:44:43 am »

I assume this requires that I give the island back to you (not that I can really do much to stop you)?
I won't give it back this turn though, since I am going to get the last pop out of it.

Anyways, I accept peace, and am withdrawing my troops, and will allow your galleon to withdraw in peace (as long as it withdraws straight down, I am sending my galleons to try to stop you from moving it into your city so that you don't have a decent naval unit there).

And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: February 17, 2013, 02:13:23 pm »

I assume this requires that I give the island back to you (not that I can really do much to stop you)?
I won't give it back this turn though, since I am going to get the last pop out of it.

Anyways, I accept peace, and am withdrawing my troops, and will allow your galleon to withdraw in peace (as long as it withdraws straight down, I am sending my galleons to try to stop you from moving it into your city so that you don't have a decent naval unit there).
Yes.
Fine.
It was already heading in that direction.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: February 18, 2013, 06:11:39 am »

Spoiler: Empire of Tesunad (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: February 18, 2013, 07:27:06 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: February 21, 2013, 11:46:05 am »

Bump!
Its been five days already, just thought its about time for the first bump to go out.

Also, would you be willing to take over for Irony Kash?
I am aware that you already have a empire, but it won't last for that long, and you seem to be competent enough that you taking over for him won't present a problem to the anti-me forces.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: February 23, 2013, 04:15:26 pm »

Irony, its been a whole week since the turn started. Hurry up and do your turn already.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: February 24, 2013, 03:30:58 pm »

Right, sorry.

Spoiler: Kingdom of Tarr (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: February 25, 2013, 06:39:13 pm »

What the -

Kashyyk, your spoiler tag is empty.

Also, question. It's looking more and more like lemon10 has hit critical mass and he's just going to roll over everyone. Do people want to play through the whole endgame, or should we just call it and go to postgame discussion of what worked, what didn't, and what's broken as shit (sky knights)?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: February 25, 2013, 11:23:39 pm »

What the -

Also, question. It's looking more and more like lemon10 has hit critical mass and he's just going to roll over everyone. Do people want to play through the whole endgame, or should we just call it and go to postgame discussion of what worked, what didn't, and what's broken as shit (sky knights)?
Honestly, I don't think there is a chance of me losing at this point. If they got it together a few turns ago (and reinforced Kash) it might have been possible to stop me, but as it is I will probably just split my armies into three (Calvary+Sky Knights, airship infantry, excess regular infantry), each of which will be more powerful then any army that would be fielded against me, especially once I upgrade my production to produce units all with the XP bonuses.

I will note that drakes are IMHO a better unit then Sky Knights, having roughly equal damage (less raw damage, but dealing magic damage instead of regular makes them slightly better) and defense, slightly better health, and only requiring 1 special resource instead of 2. The only reason mine were so strong were because they had upgrade buildings, and even then required more prerequisite buildings then any other unit.

First off: A nerf to sky knights and drakes is needed.
Their mobility is far too strong, allowing them to act as both armies and navies without having any of the restrictions of either. Their super fast movement and strength makes them A) hard to catch, and B) are equal to endgame units in their own rights.

Suggestion: Don't allow them to stop over water (just allow them to pass over water), otherwise they drown (but maybe let them fight before they drown).
Reduce all their movement to 4?

Nerf Airboats, they are A) strong units, and B) their MS bonus is too powerful for the cost. Without them my conquest would have taken far longer.
Suggestion: A) make them far weaker units OR B) reduce their carrying capacity to 2 OR C) make them cost 2 air mana.

Nerf endgame calvary: The cost is the same as infantry, but they have vastly improved mobility as well as being slightly stronger (+2 health for all of them as well as charge). If horses were truly rare it would be different, but as it is they were significantly better (especially since you could harass and pick your battles with ease, including splitting up into multiple armies that can't even be threatened with infantry), even with the extra building requirements.
Suggestion: Increase cost over infantry OR decrease MS to 4 for endgame calvary OR nerf their attack/damage/health.

Buff Krakens: They are only very slightly better then frigates in combat, which isn't worth the slower MS, lack of ranged ability, and being unable to carry units. Maybe once wood is rare they could actually be useful, but in this game there was no way for them to really be worth it.
Suggestion: Significant stat buff AND/OR give them a unique ability (eg. allow them to attack two different enemy units per turn (but not attack the same unit once)).

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 26, 2013, 09:15:30 am »

What the -

Huh.

Spoiler: Turn (click to show/hide)

Re edits: I quite like lemon10's suggestions.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58