Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58

Author Topic: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Is this the endgame?)  (Read 99964 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Is this the endgame?)
« Reply #825 on: February 09, 2013, 06:39:20 pm »

I'm afraid I haven't been all that enthusiastic about this game for the last five turns or so. Not that I'm going to stop running it...
Probably due to the slow rate at which the turns have been coming through.

Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Is this the endgame?)
« Reply #826 on: February 09, 2013, 07:39:34 pm »

Barely? Did something bad happen to you IRL?
Forum alive. I'm fine healthwise IRL, just busy with IRL things. Plus League of Legends.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: February 09, 2013, 07:41:13 pm »

The imperial army marches on the metropolis of the hated Tesundan aggressors

Questions for Vanigo:
Some more questions then:
1) Does siege stack?
2) Do auras end if the unit casting it (auraing it? projecting it? eminating it?) dies? Or do they stay on till the end of the battle.
3) Do terrain defense bonuses boost magic defense?
4) Do defensive bonuses from cities apply to hostile occupying forces?
And my proposal:
Vanigo: After a bit of thought, I propose a auto pass (or auto-run) turn if a player takes more then a week on their turn.
I realize that there are sometimes extenuating circumstances, but taking two weeks every single turn is a tad ridiculous, especially for a game as straightforward and easy to do a turn for as this (as opposed to forum games that require you to run all the calculations for your turn yourself, or write tons of flavor text or whatever).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 11:23:00 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 09, 2013, 09:20:56 pm »

Well, this is going spectacularly. All acording to plan.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: February 10, 2013, 02:07:12 pm »

Some more questions then:
1) Does siege stack?
2) Do auras end if the unit casting it (auraing it? projecting it? eminating it?) dies? Or do they stay on till the end of the battle.
3) Do terrain defense bonuses boost magic defense?
4) Do defensive bonuses from cities apply to hostile occupying forces?
1)Yes.
2) They stay until the end of the battle.
3) No.
4) ...actually, I'd have to check to be sure, but I'm pretty sure they don't.

Vanigo: After a bit of thought, I propose a auto pass (or auto-run) turn if a player takes more then a week on their turn.
I realize that there are sometimes extenuating circumstances, but taking two weeks every single turn is a tad ridiculous, especially for a game as straightforward and easy to do a turn for as this (as opposed to forum games that require you to run all the calculations for your turn yourself, or write tons of flavor text or whatever).
I would, but... I feel like team not-you is fighting enough of an uphill battle as it is.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 10, 2013, 04:01:14 pm »

Quote from: Vanigo link=topic=108963.msg4020113#msg4020113 date=1360523232}
[quote author=lemon10 link=topic=108963.msg4003311#msg4003311 date=1359963420
I would, but... I feel like team not-you is fighting enough of an uphill battle as it is.
[/quote]
I think that the best path would be to have someone else already playing do Irony's turn if he needed to be autoed. The best person to do this would obviously be Kash, since there wouldn't be a conflict of interest since they don't have any conflict, and as Kash going to be wiped out fairly soon. Now I don't want to put words in his(?) mouth, but I think he would be fine doing it.
I would be willing to do it too, but I understand that would be completely unnacceptable due to conflict of interests and knowing what he would do and all that.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 11, 2013, 04:32:50 am »

Plus, everyone on team-not-lemon agreed, up to and including Irony.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 11, 2013, 07:09:14 am »

Spoiler: Orders (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 11, 2013, 06:52:51 pm »

Jesus, after a bit of comparing to the other thread, this one is going outrageously slow. In the past month this thread has only done two turns, while the other thread has done 18 in the same amount of time.

I am going to bump this, because although it has only been two days since this turn started I might as well try to get Irony to post his turn earlier then two weeks.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: February 11, 2013, 07:23:11 pm »

Jesus, after a bit of comparing to the other thread, this one is going outrageously slow. In the past month this thread has only done two turns, while the other thread has done 18 in the same amount of time.

Correction, 19 turns have gotten in...maybe 20 since the trade that was going to be haggled over was canceled.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 11, 2013, 07:29:49 pm »

Well, its on turn 19 (and soon to be 20), but being on turn 19 means that 18 turns have ran so far (like if your on chapter two of a book, you only read a single chapter up to that point).

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 11, 2013, 07:35:12 pm »

Well, its on turn 19 (and soon to be 20), but being on turn 19 means that 18 turns have ran so far (like if your on chapter two of a book, you only read a single chapter up to that point).

That is true.  Also, they just posted turn 20, making it the second turn today...

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 11, 2013, 07:48:23 pm »

and we might get turn 3 if aseaheru and gwg get their turns in quickly
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 11, 2013, 07:49:49 pm »

and we might get turn 3 if aseaheru and gwg get their turns in quickly

Aseaheru isn't online.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 14, 2013, 11:26:05 am »

Time for another bump: At this point Irony has taken over twice as long to post his turn then anyone else/.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58