Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 58

Author Topic: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Is this the endgame?)  (Read 100042 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Things are exciting!)
« Reply #705 on: November 18, 2012, 07:42:24 pm »

Spoiler: Kingdom of Tarr (click to show/hide)

Two weeks is hopefully a record for me. :I
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Things are exciting!)
« Reply #706 on: November 18, 2012, 08:14:40 pm »

Two weeks is hopefully a record for me. :I

Same. I feel bad, because I keep seeing the bumps and procrastinating, even when the turn takes 5 minutes to do, usually.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 19, 2012, 09:48:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat log (click to show/hide)
Game save

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 20, 2012, 01:52:44 am »

Betrayal most foul!
I see now, under the guise of decrying my national artwork, both Tesunda and Dunottar are arrayed against me most fouly, like angry fowls.
Spoiler: FOR THE EMPIRE (click to show/hide)
I shall not fall prey to these foul fowls, the empire shall rally, and (eventually) crush them both.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:50:19 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 20, 2012, 03:49:23 am »

Come on, you're always overeacting. Just because Tesuna made a mistake planning its move and we actually have a sense of esthetics does not mean we're going to war.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 04:10:33 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 20, 2012, 05:45:45 pm »

While I would believe that you are pretty much joking in your declaration of war, Kash obviously isn't. Not only did he kill both of my boats to establish sea supremacy (and I don't see any possible way for that to have been a accidental move), he also moved his cavalry up to the front so that it would be easily able to harass me (and possibly take cities if he is lucky).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 20, 2012, 06:11:04 pm »

Don't forget me, Lemon. I've also taken the initiative to attack your ships.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 20, 2012, 08:08:03 pm »

Why would I need sea supremacy? We have a land border if you hadn't noticed :P

And re: the cavalry, I'm being paranoid.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:24:56 am by Kashyyk »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 20, 2012, 11:07:20 pm »

If you didn't want my navy gone for some reason you wouldn't have killed it. If I was more paranoid, I would think that the attack was part of a plan to help sheb take back death island, but that thinking is tad too paranoid even for me.

And about the cavalry: I don't see what you would possibly need to be paranoid about.
In a turn or two when I start turning out improved sky knights and airships I could understand being paranoid, but even then it would be 3-4 turns before I had a large enough force to present even a theoretical threat to your cities on the mainland (since where they already were your cavalry could already reach every single tile in a single turn).

Oh well, we will see if you stab me even harder (since you already did kill my weakling navy) this or next turn I guess.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 21, 2012, 12:38:32 pm »

Hey, the simple fact that you can strike anywhere with über units IS frightening. I'm afraid of you. Also, don't be ridiculous, I'm not going to invade Death Island with a single carrack.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 21, 2012, 06:11:57 pm »

Surely you've built up Death Isle's defences a little? Or are you right to be worried, because you haven't? Well, the fact that you can churn out flying things is definitely worth being worried about, regardless of how powerful they are, my air force is currently nil after all.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 21, 2012, 06:29:13 pm »

Surely you've built up Death Isle's defences a little? Or are you right to be worried, because you haven't? Well, the fact that you can churn out flying things is definitely worth being worried about, regardless of how powerful they are, my air force is currently nil after all.

As a matter of fact, lemon, you're the only one with an air force at this point.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 26, 2012, 10:01:34 pm »

Still waiting on... well, everyone knows who by now.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 26, 2012, 10:14:33 pm »

I will bet any two people that aren't Kash 25 money that Kash will attack me this turn, since its pretty obvious that's what he will do.
I will only bet two person because if I bet more, Kash could simply do quite a bit of harm by simply not attacking me.

Also, Sheb should only have 1 air mana at the start of this turn.

Yes, it is worth being worried about, but your calvary actions only make any sense at all if you are moving into attack position.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 27, 2012, 02:39:05 am »

Why should I have only 1 Air Mana? I've not been using any.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 58