Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58

Author Topic: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Is this the endgame?)  (Read 100119 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Things are exciting!)
« Reply #540 on: September 12, 2012, 10:49:00 am »

Irony? Have you got lost in the internet?

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Things are exciting!)
« Reply #541 on: September 12, 2012, 07:55:36 pm »

Um, the link you gave me has the admin interface now, and I can't get a turn. Can you put up an HTML-wrapped player-interface?
Should work now.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 12, 2012, 08:16:40 pm »

I had to make some hard prioritizing decisions there...

Spoiler: Arcadia (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 12, 2012, 10:08:41 pm »

Auto irony if he doesn't post in 24 hours?
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 13, 2012, 03:09:17 am »

Not lost, just tangled!

Spoiler: Kingdom of Tarr (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 13, 2012, 07:10:37 pm »

Man, Irony, you are really making me regret not capping labor stockpiling. It's supposed to represent half-built buildings and such (since it was so much easier to implement than actual half-built buildings), not a big pile of stuff to hoard. Stop being so boring!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle log (click to show/hide)
Game state

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 13, 2012, 07:15:46 pm »

I like those halberdiers...
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 13, 2012, 09:16:10 pm »

Wow, the military's been kind of hard to manage these days...

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 13, 2012, 11:18:16 pm »

I am very interesting in trading for high volumes of stone and regents.
I want to trade 2 food, 3.5 money (3 for 1, 7 for 2) or 2/3 iron (2 for 3 stone) per stone for as many as I can afford (and people are willing to give) this turn.
I also want to trade 2 money per regent up to 15 regents this turn (assuming that I have enough left over from any stone trading that might happen.
Spoiler: Turn (click to show/hide)
Balance question: Why does the inspiration building for iron/horses give 2 iron, while the inspiration building for regents gives only 1 regent?
I could see if regents were significantly rarer, but the ratio (at least on this map) is 9 iron/horse to 7 regent sources, and getting regent is significantly easier (since you don't need to build a building to get it, and thus don't need a city anywhere nearby). I could see if it was significantly more expensive to build the iron/horse buildings (inspiration wise, since you don't really care about the minor costs of the other buildings while building a 30 inspiration building), but as it is it seems that it's a little unbalanced.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 14, 2012, 02:11:46 pm »

I'll trade you Iron Ore for Reagents, as I'm afraid I need stone, and do not care for money.
How's a one to one ratio for you? If agreed, I'll trade you all 15 reagents.

Spoiler: Empire of Tesunad (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:16:13 pm by Kashyyk »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 14, 2012, 03:37:44 pm »

Sorry, no 1 Iron-> 1 Reagent. Although Iron isn't quite as rare, since there are 3 players with over 50 reagents each that aren't using anything near equal to demand in the current or immediate future a 1:1 ratio would be a little too expensive for me.
The best I would do is 1 iron to 2 reagent, but I don't think that you would be willing to accept that.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 14, 2012, 04:20:45 pm »

How about 3 iron to 5 reagent? Easily scaling to 9:15.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 14, 2012, 04:59:33 pm »

Man, Irony, you are really making me regret not capping labor stockpiling. It's supposed to represent half-built buildings and such (since it was so much easier to implement than actual half-built buildings), not a big pile of stuff to hoard. Stop being so boring!
I'm trying! It's just that I don't want to build a bunch of spearmen or something and everything else requires stone. I guess I could produce some complimentary palisades everywhere? I guess this place could use a dock...

Spoiler: Kingdom of Tarr (click to show/hide)

Speaking of which, I'm interested in expanding onto the land sometime. Could everyone give me their opinions on that?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 14, 2012, 05:43:34 pm »

There isn't really any land left on the mainland to expand onto without going into Doom/Sheb's claimed land. You could try settling on the other side of the continent, but that seems a little silly and not very good for defense.
I don't think any of them could/would try to stop you if you DID expand into the middle or the edge of their territory while their war is still ongoing, but it probably wouldn't be very smart. Personally if I were you I would finish up my expansion of the islands (build a village to the right of the fire tap and build quarries in those hills), or take over all of the islands around you (since neither of them could stop you), but expanding onto land would open the possibility of heavy counter attack in the forseeable future.

You might also want to build a decent navy with your spare labor, since that only costs wood and labor (and upkeep).

How about 3 iron to 5 reagent? Easily scaling to 9:15.
Hm... Assuming that no one has a better offer by the end of the turn (AKA pretty much anything asking for money instead of iron or a better ratio), that's a deal.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 14, 2012, 05:52:45 pm »

You know, using a five labor, two fire mana, and fire temple, you have the ability to get drakes.[/funfact]
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58