Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 58

Author Topic: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Is this the endgame?)  (Read 100147 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

Come on Irony and Doom.  :-\
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

I get a weird page that I haven't seen before, with no flash available. Help?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No Flash available? Not sure what that means. Are you using a new computer that doesn't have Flash installed?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I mean I see a blank page with a header that says "Welcome to nginx!". Flash is installed- I've been on Armor Games recently, so it's been tested.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Kingdom of Tarr (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Things are exciting!)
« Reply #500 on: September 01, 2012, 09:30:54 am »

No, I mean I see a blank page with a header that says "Welcome to nginx!". Flash is installed- I've been on Armor Games recently, so it's been tested.
Run a virus scan? The player interface isn't even an HTML page, just a raw .swf file, so there's no way that should be happening.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Things are exciting!)
« Reply #501 on: September 01, 2012, 11:14:18 pm »

You still having trouble, Doom? It looks like nginx is a reverse proxy server, so the problem may not be on your end.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 01, 2012, 11:50:57 pm »

There is also a nginx virus (which hijacks your browser apparently or something), its probably the virus in this case.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 01, 2012, 11:57:28 pm »

Thing is, it's only that one site. Any ideas where I might pick up the virus? I'll run the anti-virus again (full scan this time) later today.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 02, 2012, 05:45:03 pm »

Smart money's on either sketchy parts of the Internet, or some legit site that got hacked. Is it any naked Flash file that gets broken, or just the ones on Dropbox, or what?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 02, 2012, 06:16:46 pm »

Well, game sites and the Homestuck game intro work, so I assume it's the file. Can you send me the raw file, and if so, can I run it without Macromedia Flash?

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 02, 2012, 09:15:19 pm »

That link is the raw file, and it's too big to e-mail, so, no, I can't. What happens if you bring up the raw file of a different flash file? Here, try this one.

Also, try this link; I've wrapped the flash file in some html, which may or may not make a difference.

Also, try googling "ngnix virus". It may or may not be an actual virus (opinions differ), but it seems to be a reasonably common problem.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:45:22 pm by Vanigo »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 02, 2012, 11:21:04 pm »

I'll try tomorrow. I have malwarebytes, and it didn't find it on quick scan (they say it can remove it), but I'll try a full scan in la maņana.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 02, 2012, 11:24:44 pm »

Try a different browser?
If you are using a PC, then use IE (if you don't use it), if you do use IE, stop, and use firefox/chrome.
If you are using a Mac then you might have to download another browser, but I think it might work.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 03, 2012, 10:18:29 am »

Both links worked. So, here's my turn.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 58