Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 58

Author Topic: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Is this the endgame?)  (Read 100164 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Orders (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

So, it seems that I am in need of 1 inspiration (not this turn but the next), I see no real reason to delay the trade, so would anyone be willing to trade 1 inspiration for 3 food or 5 money?
e: unnessasary.
Are there any other trades that people want to make that I could

EDIT: Turn moved to a more recent post.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 03:24:55 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Selling inspiration? How is that even supposed to make sense. I'm sorry, but for RP reason I refuse this trade.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

WarS? Who are you at war with? :p

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I might be at war with other people. I'm not sure yet, and I haven't signed any forms about it yet. I do know that there are two transports headed my way, though.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Come on, I count 5. But I'm sure they're really nice, peaceful people. Will fit in right with the Peaceful land of Arcadia.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

Selling inspiration? How is that even supposed to make sense. I'm sorry, but for RP reason I refuse this trade.
I assume that inspiration are things like architects, and inventors/entrepreneurs with ideas and such.
A trade of 1 inspiration would just be sending a architect or a scientist over to my empire for a few turns until he had finished his contribution on his building.

EDIT: Figured out a better way to do my turn that avoided the problem and gave me a proper number of inspiration next turn. So the trade is unnecessary.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 06:12:40 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yesss, that's a problem, isn't it. Okay, no trading labor or inspiration.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A note- Arcadian civilians only practice the military arts three days a week and are culled only once a month, compared to Dunnotar's once a week cullings and four day a week drills.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Kingdom of Tarr (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Lies! Propaganda! What Arcadia terms "culling" is just a clever way to hide their losses to our glorious armies! We also don't cull citizen, we only eat their babies. I found your prejudice insulting.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

Can we trade population (I assume the answer is no)?
Can we trade cities/tiles?
When does trading take place, does it go before resource collection and building or after?

Regardless of what the answer to the above questions are, I wish to trade Sheb 10 stone, and EITHER 1 population (assuming that I am able to trade him a population), or 23 food.
I am getting nothing in return at this moment, although I will be getting some air mana later on for it.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can we trade population (I assume the answer is no)?
Can we trade cities/tiles?
When does trading take place, does it go before resource collection and building or after?
No, yes, and between turns (effectively before everything else), respectively. I can only change things around either before or after I hit the "run turn" button, not in between the computer-managed parts of the operation.

Regardless of what the answer to the above questions are, I wish to trade Sheb 10 stone, and EITHER 1 population (assuming that I am able to trade him a population), or 23 food.
I am getting nothing in return at this moment, although I will be getting some air mana later on for it.
Okay. Feel free to keep trading private, by the way - anyone who wants to can look at everyone's resources and work out who has more or less of what resources than they expected, but if you want to try and stay under everyone else's radar, go for it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat log (click to show/hide)
Game state

By the way, in the future, you can only trade resources you actually have, okay? No more trading resources you're going to get in the coming turn.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Empire of Tesunad (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 58