Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll

What it says on the tin
:v

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play! Finished!  (Read 33260 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play!
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2012, 03:53:45 am »

Heh, thank RNG for that, not me :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2012, 04:21:18 am »

Very nice job Haspen, you're good at this game.  May I pwetty pwease get a rundown of my fleet composition? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2012, 04:52:53 am »

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:55:30 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2012, 04:55:46 am »

Thank you.  And actually, I'm proud to have the oldest ships in service. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2012, 08:51:38 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Computer sciences got better. In the meanwhile, Cpt.Jarod has been ordered to warp to Trill system. Together with Cpt.Euchre, they will be on watch over Cardassian border and that Dreadnought, ready to attack any threats.

Romulus and Borka has been re-settled. Archeologists orgasm over all the ruins, and children happily frolic in bones of murdered Romulans. Everyone is happy now!

HNNNGH IT BETTER WORK THIS TIME.
Cardassians are actually getting upgraded version of their ships. There's few destroyers and scouts and a cruiser at Cardassia. By a fair draw (coin flip), Cpt.Euchre Jack has been ordered to pay our neighbours a 'friendly visit' and tell them what we think of military build-ups.

While we wait for anything important to happen, we simultaneously get two scientific breakthroughs. Thanks to them, our Galaxy-X ships undergo a quick refit which ends in better shields and weaponry.
Also, huh. Benzites ignored our membership and sent us affiliation treaty. We accepted and re-sent membership proposal.

Cpt.Euchre reaches Cardassia. Two transports and a cruiser destroyed, but a scout managed to warp away whilst heavily damaged.

In the meanwhile, we get scientific breakthrough in propulsion. Our bases are harassed by random scouts of all four races, this is annoying.

YES.
YES.
FUCK YOU FERENGI, HA. It's a long road for Benzites to regain their glory. We need to rebuild infrastructure and build a starbase in the system. Cpt.Hostergaard Jr. and his fleet are stationed at Benzar for protection.
SigFlags!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2012, 09:27:18 am »

Huh, I was hoping the Benzites would reject, and you would then subject them to a humiliating death, wherein you force them to give you all their money, but in the end, you bombard their puny planet into dust.

But hey, I guess you can save that for the Ferengi.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2012, 09:45:33 am »

I will save that for the next LP, where I will be Klingons :P
SigFlags!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2012, 09:46:15 am »

I will save that for the next LP, where I will be Klingons :P

:D
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2012, 02:00:15 pm »

The old poll was a tie: 3 votes for wiping our Romulans, then colonization, and 3 votes for killing everything :P

New poll. Just for example thing, in my previous game, I had Zakdorn refuse my bribes for 100+ turns before they abandoned Ferengi and switched sides. Cast your votes and ultimately decide what to do with the Andorians!

Andorian minor race bonus: Academy which basically works like Starfleet/Zakdorn Academy. Not to mention we don't have to get that 550 million people + infrastructure to rebuild.
SigFlags!

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2012, 02:10:00 pm »

Just send them 2 or 3 more big "gifts" before you offer another bribe. The favor meter only goes so high, but the effects of bribes go beyond the meter. Just make them like you more than "worshipful", and the bribe will work.

In 10 years of playing BOTF I have never had a minor race resist more than 2 bribes. Just be much more generous before you offer any.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2012, 03:15:37 pm »

We start off with a fight. Hostergaard's fleet prevented a cruiser and transport from reaching Benzar planets.
Cpt.Jarod was ordered to warp to Andor. The official reason is to keep watch for Ferengi intruders. The unofficial reason is in an encrypted datapad which is allowed to be opened on a signal from Starfleet Command.

Six Galaxy-X cruisers have been ordered at Utopia Planitia. Two pairs will be sent to captains Jarod Cain and Euchre Jack to strengthen their fleet. The last pair will join Admiral Nix's fleet. His fleet, whilst being veterans of many battles, including the second battle with Borg, is comprised mostly of Ambassador-class cruisers. It is time that Admiral receives better firepower and new technological advances. As his fleet already have 9 starships, most propably a pair of Ambassadors will be sent to Angosia to enhance their defense fleet.

Few turns later we get a sensor report. Apparently Cardassians built a Battleship. Our spies confirmed that it is indeed a powerful warship. While still it is no match for a Sovereign-class Federation starship, it does prove that Cardassians are making tremendous progress in research.
They are certainly funded by Ferengi... one can guess how vast are Ferenginar treasure vaults.

Nevertheless, Cpt.Euchre Jack was sent with his fleet to Cardassia to disrupt the fleet construction whilst it's still weak and tiny.

Oh and that appeared near Hoek system. Cpt.Ivan 9th has been sent to deal with the intruder.

The Battleship has been destroyed. In the meanwhile, Husnock Raider ship warps to Pelleus and destroys the local outpost. Admiral Nix finished 'puryfying' Kentanna system and is moving to Altec system, the last native Romulan system.
Andorians still refuse our bribes.

Husnock Raider intercepted and destroyed. Sadly in the same time earthquake ravages one of Angosian planets.

Next turn, USS Berwick A, Galaxy-X cruiser is completed. Together with USS Emerald, they were sent to Admiral Nix's fleet at Altec system.

Few next turns are filled with one-sided skirmishes with random Ferengi starships which get obliterated rather easily.

At turn 385, USS Kwon Do is completed at Utopia Planitia. With USS Glasgow, they were sent to Trill, with orders to join the fleet of Cpt.Euchre Jack.

That's all for now. Nothing super interesting this turn, expect maybe that Husnock intrusion.
SigFlags!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2012, 03:39:45 pm »

Heh heh heh, I'm looking forward to wrecking the Cardassian's new toy!

I'm all for bribing the Andorians.  I've got a real soft spot for them from watching Star Trek: Enterprise.  And just like in the show, they'll join us eventually.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2012, 07:10:55 pm »

Few more skirmishes with Ferengi occur. Won't be mentioning them again until something 'large' happens.

This boosts Acamar population to 410 millions.

Why it is always the Charge Collectors? Dammit, had to take off Isolinear Scanner off to power up private farms and replicator.

One turn later, Admiral Nix receives Emerald and Berwick. After short discussion with the captains, USS Champlin B and USS Harding B will be sent to Angosia.
Next turn, Cpt.Euchre Jack receives his Galaxy-X cruisers as well. At Sol system, USS Huntington leaves Utopia Planitia shipyards and together with USS Belfast, warped out toward Andor, where Cpt.Jarod Cain is currently stationed with his fleet.

Oh hello there, sentient starship. That is Gomtuu, quite possibly the only 'genuinely friendly' roaming game entity in BotF. As long as you don't attack it, it just warps away peacefully.
Next turn, we have several skirmishes with Romulans, Klingons and Ferengi. 8 or so scout/destroyer ships were eliminated.

At last. Of course, membership proposal followed shortly afterwards. [Ivan's method worked on first time. Derp!]

It has been done. Romulan Star Empire is no more. Admiral and his fleet have been ordered to Betazed, for a well-earned leave. Of course, all other fleets were helpful too. With Romulans gone, we can concentrate on other primary threat - the Ferengi. Colony convoys are being built at Acamar, so our people can settle down on ruins of Romulan cities.

Their lacks will be quickly fixed. We have Andorian mega system. Yeeeeeeesss c:
SigFlags!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play! (No more Romulans!)
« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2012, 10:17:17 pm »

Is this the annoying part in these kinds of games where you basically won but it will take a hundred turns to actually win?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play! (No more Romulans!)
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2012, 02:39:02 am »

You could say so :P
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9