Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll

What it says on the tin
:v

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play! Finished!  (Read 33267 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play!
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2012, 03:06:11 pm »

With discovery of Andorian mega-system, our diplomats are sent to them with bribes and promises, trying to persuade them to our cause. They are curious of us, but this will take time.

However, there's something else.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This large system is quite possibly the main rallying point of Ferengi-Romulan Alliance. Besides what you see, there is another Ferengi war cruiser, three Romulan Destroyers and one Romulan scout. We're not sure why they are preparing such large fleet so far from our theatre of operations. Covert strike against the Cardassians maybe?

Our scouts have been ordered to rendevous with Nix's fleet at Borka system for now.

Kind of wise when you have no fleet, eh? Of course we accepted the treaty. Hell, I would even send them supplies because it's pains me to see them stuffed in their little system unable to properly expand.

Husnock Raider just destroyed a Starbase-in-construction at Selay. This is the time to deal with the raiders. Ivan's and Hostergaard Jr.'s fleets shall converge near the system and destroy the warship in combined strike.
Next turn, eight Constellation-class starship is completed at Sol. Cpt.Ivan's strike group shall get that batch and together, they will form 7th Fleet. It will serve as the intercepting fleet for enemy vessels entering our space.

This happens next turn.

And this, turn after.
Also, Klingons and Cardassians asked us for donations. As our standing with them is rather neutral, I've accepted them, this time.
USS Rupertus, USS Meredith, USS Keppler and USS Norris join Cpt.Ivan's fleet. Now we will enter Selay and strike the Husnock Raider.

The Husnock is destroyed, as is USS Anatevke, Cpt.Ivan's flagship. We recovered him from one of escape pods, but his wounds are grevious. He is hospitalized on board of USS Taussig, but doctors aren't sure of his survival, and quite possibly only the strength of his will* can determine the outcome of next few days.

His acting officer has been ordered to take the fleet into Romulan space and visit the 'rally system' of combined Romulan-Ferengi fleets.

At Acamar and Eden, two different Ferengi Light Raiders are destroyed.

*wink wink, nudge nudge

With this breakthrough, we're halfway into Level 7 of sciences in the Federation. Our diplomats are 'making friends' with the Andorians.
Our Constellation fleet has been redirected toward Eden, to intercept incoming Ferengi strike group.
However, our External Affairs department reports increasing difficulties against both Romulans and Ferengi. Accidents happen, operations go wrong because of slight errors in the conduct. We might need to boost our funds for our espionage agency.

Cardassians were caught redhanded. Twice in the same day. Our standing with them is turning to worse, but I will insist on monetary reparations for their meddlings. To make things worse, the citizens of the Federation are raising voices of concern over bombardment of Borka system. We might need to lift the siege soon.
We also lost Seadragon and Sandhusky to a surprise attack by Romulan Cruiser II class warship. Sandhusky was the fourth and the last Oberth that remembered the times when Federation was still in its infancy.
Our standing with both Klingons and Andorians continue to raise, which is the only good news this turn.

Cardassians coldly accept our demand. At Eden, our Constellation fleet destroys three Ferengi Light Raiders, fourth has escaped. Cpt.Ivan is, sadly, still in coma.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2012, 03:27:27 pm »

Oh ho ho! Federation strong! Klingon tiny. Despite setbacks things are going well? As far as I can see we are the largest empire.
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2012, 03:42:30 pm »

Yep. We have 21 systems, all other empires have between 5 to 9.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2012, 03:51:38 pm »

Can two allied races jointly win?  If so, perhaps we should ally with the Klingons!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2012, 03:55:35 pm »

Normal 'domination' victory is when you control 60% of star systems.

An alliance pushes the required amount to 75%.

Found something in a guide:
"Domination requires the player to control over 75% of the galaxy alone or 50% as part of an alliance, vendetta requires you to eliminate your two natural rivals in the galaxy."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:59:07 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2012, 03:57:24 pm »

But, the Klingons own their home system, that should help (yeah right).

I'll take control of a ship near the Klingon border, engaging in diplomacy and diplomacy.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2012, 04:00:37 pm »

I'll take control of a ship near the Klingon border, engaging in diplomacy and diplomacy.

No ships stationed at Klingon border now, though. Only a system of outposts and starbases. Klingons doesn't pose a threat now, so I don't keep any warships or fleets there.

You could take lead of one of ships stationed at Trill, near Cardassians. A breaking of alliance might be brewing with them, if not outright war.
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2012, 05:57:39 pm »

Four turns pass in relative peace. Mudor system gets attacked by a random Ferengi raider. It is destroyed on it's second approach. Other than that, our colony and transport ships go for the systems I mentioned earlier. They will make nice colonies.

And then we receive declaration of war. This is both unheard of and very troubling. Their military is still tiny but it's Klingons we speak of - even their colony ships are armed, so we should be careful.

Ahhh, so that's why! Ktaria! It's not a wonder anymore how Romulans were able to sabotage us so hard back in old days! It's both a rally point for their fleets AND a minor race system!
Our Constellation ships manage to destroy a scout and transport before our enemies make a hasty retreat.

Ktarians have a Game Studio which produces addictive games (oh gods!) which in turn boost Sabotage rating by 50%.
Also, we got a breakthrough in propulasion. It extends the range of slow (green range) ships by 1.
In the same time, Klingons make peace with Romulans. The Klingons really fell into degraded state, what a pity.

Hmph. I knew this would happen. And so we're back at the situation where everyone hates us. Klingons and Romulans signed affiliation treaty.

At the end of this saddening and rather short update, have a galaxy map for yourselves. Beta Agni, Hoek and Gamma Hromi are being terraformed before we will colonize those systems. Relations with Andorians are receptive, and icy with Ktarians. Flow of bribes is steady. Collapsed trade routes with Cardassians took out 250 credits from our income, which is around half of what I suspected.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:58:41 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2012, 06:10:51 pm »

I'm willing to conduct diplomacy with the Klingons and/or the Cardassians to the max!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2012, 12:57:54 am »

Let's kill them all. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2012, 01:35:00 am »

Ktarians have a Game Studio which produces addictive games (oh gods!) which in turn boost Sabotage rating by 50%

Honestly this still bugs me. Since that wasn't a racial trait that was the trait of exactly one Ktarian working alone.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2012, 02:07:44 am »

I sort of found the Ktarians description a bit campy, like "these guys are awesome because they're in the same line of work that we are!"  That probably accounts for the producers deciding the whole race makes addictive games, because if you're a game designer, why wouldn't there be a whole race dedicated to your own profession?

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2012, 07:57:13 am »

Its a pity that the Klingons are nothing, but they are acting like douchebags, so lets destroy them. How does that work tough, can one incorporate them into the federation once conquered or are they just destroyed?
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2012, 08:01:06 am »

We could subjugate them, but that would totally pulverize our people's morale. For Federation, the best course of action is just 'kill the natives and colonize the ruins'.

===

The captain of USS Champlin has retired and a young commander, Euchre Jack, has taken the captain's seat. On board of USS Champlin, he shall defend our border at Trill from any possible Cardassian strike fleet. The system is on quick road to recovery, and soon Euchre shall receive few more cruisers to strengthen our position there.

Our Starbase at Eden destroys an upgraded Romulan war cruiser. In the meanwhile, Cpt.Hostergaard Jr. and his fleet decimate a pair of Klingon scouts that invaded Selay system.

Oh and we get better weapons level too.

One turn later, Borka system is free of Romulans. Our scaly friends, Selay, get hit hard by a disastrous epidemic. The battlefronts are quiet now, besides occassional stray scout/destroyer from Ferengi or Romulans that gets swiftly killed by our starships or outposts and starbases.
Admiral Nix and his fleet now move onto Romulus, which they will bombard for a while. With the capital system in peril and two member races of Romulan Empire being coerced with our bribes, soon they will collapse into ruins!

At Vadris system, our fleet of Constellations meets a small convoy of transports protected by two War Cruisers and a smaller vessel. Both transports and War Cruisers are destroyed, whilst the fifth Romulan warship managed to warp away. Our ships received minor damage, no ships were lost.

Gamma Hromi along with Hoek systems are colonized. Those are two of five systems we shall be colonizing in next few turns. In total, these systems should provide 1.2 billion of population.

All these military victories and colonization boosts our morale greatly. Just look how happy people are.

*sigh*
It feels just as if wiping out Ferengi would solve all our problems, really. Vadris, the system in which battle against Romulan convoy was fought, has been bombarded thoroughly - no Romulan was left alive.

Also we push into seventh level of Construction. This allows us to build Galaxy-X cruisers, a vast improvement over our old Ambassadors. After Zakdorn and Sol finish upgrading few structures, we shall put a production queue for several of the new ships. Oh, and Ambassadors that were going to be build at Trill for Cpt.Euchre? Yup, gonna be Galaxy-X as well.
5% of research allocation was shifted from Biology to Construction to speed up the latter.

Next turn, two more minor victories - at Kanaan, our Constellation fleet destroys an uncloaked Romulan cruiser and a transport ship, and at Exo, our cruisers from Angosia pulverize small, undefended Klingon supply convoy.

The citizenry is so overjoyed by our victories and colonization that despite Romulus being bombarded, the morale actually still gets higher :3

We're doing bloody well, I can say :3

Ivan, decide already if I should kill your captain or not for storytelling purposes :P
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:03:14 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2012, 09:12:26 am »

Crush dem Romulans.  The Ferengi are next. 

Also, thanks for using my fleet to bombard Romulus.  It's a great honor sir.   :D
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9