Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll

What it says on the tin
:v

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play! Finished!  (Read 33255 times)

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play!
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2012, 11:22:52 am »

Ivan the 9th shall command a fleet of Galaxy-X class ships!
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2012, 04:56:32 pm »

Move my command to one of the new Galaxy-X class ships please.   :D

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2012, 05:32:37 pm »

EuchreJack: As soon as Trill completes one, it's yours.
===

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hmph.
In the meanwhile, we're casually picking off stray Ferengi raiders. Romulan and Klingon ships roam around our sectors, not really able to do anything.
Cpt.Ivan became an invalid. His treatment will require years, but his son, Ivan (apparently the 9th in the family), has just finished Starfleet Academy. He will be assigned to a strike group as soon as we make one.

Few turns pass with boring terraforming, expansion and occasional raider/scout/destroyer being destroyed by our starbases.

And another Klingon convoy at Exo hits the dust.
However, it seems that Klingon and Romulans are able to make quite a few ships lately. It is possibly because of the accursed Ferengi sponsoring the fleets of aforementioned empires.

As soon as Starbase 10 at Selay is completed, Cpt.Hostergaard Jr. and his fleet shall move into Klingon space and harass the ships at Sakoron and Qo'nos systems. Surely there's a few of them waiting in hiding.

Does the name sound familiar? Wouldn't be surprised, I was considering colonization of it, like, 200 turns ago. Hurr durr.

Honestly, Biology research is totally trying to get a one-level gap between itself and Construction research. It might actually happen that we will get level 9 in Biology whilst still developing level 8 in Construction.
Bombarding of Romulus is progressing slowly, chipping away 15-20 million of population per turn. With completion of Starbase at Selay, Hostergaard's fleet departed for Klingon space, ready to wreak havoc in their space.

Hostergaard Jr. was dissappointed that all he met at Qo'nos was single K'tinga cruiser. It was promptly turned into a cloud of fine dust.

Oh, we're at Galaxy-X production already? Neat!
Cpt.Ivan, the 9th, has taken command of USS Brooklyn. Over time, we will amass a whole fleet of these ships.

Now, it is time to undermine the Romulan Star Empire by taking away their friends. Constellation Fleet has been ordered to station there in case Andorians will need assistance. I can tell you, though, based on my experiences, that bribing away a minor race can sometimes take dozens of turns.

Over next few turns, Andorians reject our bribe and Hostergaards destroys another convoy at Exo system. There's a small group of mixed Klingon/Romulan destroyers near our border, which he was tasked to take care of as well.

Oh, neat. Isolinear scanners allow us to see 4 spaces away from a system with such scanner. Selay, Gaspar, Trill, Acamar and Angosia were ordered to put the upgrade in their production queues.
In the meanwhile, we spend our amassed funds to quicken teh construction of two addition Galaxy-X starships; USS Nagara and USS Sendai, which were put under Ivan 9th's command.

Andorians keep rejecting our bribes. As I suspected.

And at Turn 297...

Now, the collapse of Romulan Star Empire is just matter of time. Admiral Nix's fleet have done wonderful job.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2012, 09:08:55 pm »

I am immortal, there will always be more Ivans.

Also, I vote we obliterate the Klingons. They're small and I like previously-occupied colonies.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2012, 02:44:45 am »

Yes.  Show the "warrior" race that without ships and land, they're as powerful as goldfish.

Also, on the bombardment of Romulus, does that mean there were only like 2 million people on it?  :P 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2012, 02:58:15 am »

In the last turn of bombardment, yes :P
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2012, 10:30:26 am »

Several boring turns happen before we get this scientific breakthrough. Andorians keep rejecting our bribes.

Trill has completed it's pair of Galaxy-X cruisers. Cpt.Euchre Jack has decided to command the defense group from USS Memphis from now on.

Few more boring turns. During attempted bombardment of Qo'nos, Cpt.Hostergaard loses two of his Ambassador cruisers. He was ordered to retreat to Zakdorn, where his fleet will be reinforced with three or more Galaxy-X cruisers.

Some bad luck. Karma perhaps?

Cpt.Ivan, the 9th, has a fleet of six Galaxy-X cruisers: Brooklyn, Nagara, Sendai, Raleigh, Leipzig and Lee. He was assigned to patrol the Federation-Klingon border, until Cpt.Hostergaard Jr. will be back with his renewed fleet.

Council is debating bombardment of Exo and/or Gamma Hydra systems, to allow a more straight and safer route to Angosian system.

Oh, as you can see, Admiral Nix have received new orders.
In the meanwhile, Andorians still adamantly cling to the Romulan's side.

From scientific news: We're just two jumps away (Construction&Weapons) from getting our hands on designs of Sovereign-class starships.

Eh. Ehhhhh. Well it's not like all other empires weren't affilliated with each other already.

Woah. The hell was that?
Our Constellation fleet went into a system previously unexplored in Cardassian space. This tiny ship destroyed two Constellations (Taussing and Hollister) and damaged other two before it exploded. It was called 'The Minosians' at 'combat announcement' window. First time I've stumbled at that thing and I don't recall it from any TNG episodes either. Some special monster thing maybe? I need to check Star Trek wiki, so a pause for now.
EDIT: Oooh, now I remember that thing!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 10:46:19 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2012, 10:45:44 am »

I am death, destroyer of worlds. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2012, 10:49:27 am »

Echo Papa 607 is from this episode of TNG.

In-game it's a random event ship that appears even when random events are turned off. It sits in an otherwise-uninhabited system and blows shit up, but thankfully it doesn't leave that system. As you can see, it's pretty powerful. When I meet it I typically avoid it for a long while.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2012, 12:50:32 pm »

You know I was about to rage against Ultraconductive materials as being CLEARLY AGAINST THE LAWS OF THERMODYNAMICS! However then I thought of a way they would work.

Simply speaking Ultraconductive materials are materials that hold a charge possibly fueled by natural entropy.

In otherwords... They are using Batteries as electrical materials.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2012, 02:54:38 pm »

Sovereign-class starships?

I have no idea about its abilities, but it sounds awesome. Prepare yourself Klingons, I will be back!
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2012, 04:36:26 pm »

The range of our scoutships is increased by 1 thanks to this. In the meanwhile, Cpt.Ivan 9th intercepts and destroys a pair of Klingon transports.

Admiral Nix performed his duty well. However, few of our border systems are questioning our policies, comparing our bombardment of Romulans to the destruction caused by the Borg. The civilian branch of the Council thus ordered the Starfleet to stop bombarding for now.

We have new orders, though. Cpt.Hostergaard Jr. and his fleet will rendevous with a colonization group - 2 transports, 1 colony ship - after it is constructed at Acamar. From there, they will follow into previously Romulan space, and make a colony in Hurkos system. It will serve as our primary base, allowing us to launch strikes into Ferengi border, as well as a listening post.

That's it, until Andorians break away from the Romulans. We're almost on 'worshipful' with Ktarians too.

Here you have Hostergaard's fleet. 3 Galaxy-X cruisers - Crusader, Montcalm, Aurora - went into his command, as well as Isis B, an Ambassador-class starship that was there all the time. I don't remember building it, though. *shrug* The more the merrier, eh?
The fleet is en route to Acamar. In the meanwhile, Cpt.Ivan has been ordered to Selay and intercept Ferengi, Klingon and Romulan ships. There's few stray destroyers of those empires happily frolicking around, which is annoying.

Well! It is first time we get Construction sciences upgrade before weapons! The latter is few turns shy of advancement, though, nothing to sweat about.

Our Constellations intercept a convoy at Kentanna or whatisname. Promptly destroyed.

What's more important is that, thanks to our bribes, Ktarians declared independence from what's left of Romulan Star Empire. Of course, what's followed was our membership invitation and another bribe. The colony at Hurkos will be constructed anyways - we need a good, protected route to our new friends anyway. Our Constellation Fleet has been stationed at the system to protect it from surprise enemy attack or invasion.

Weapons advancement = Sovereign-class available. The best of best Command Cruisers Federation can have and the second-best starship of Federation. For now, four of them will be produced at Utopia Planitia shipyards, mostly because they're rather costly.

Ktarians joined our Federation. As you can see, the development of their world is quite diverse. Besides many special structures unbuilt yet, there is a need for upgrades in science, power generation and manufacturing.
What's more important, is that we now have access to approximately half of Ferengi space. A pair of scouts was just built at Betazed and shall be sent to explore.

Next turn, Cpt.Hostergaard arrives at Hurkos and preparations to settle the system commence. Danula system, the last Romulan system near Andoria is now sieged by Admiral Nix and his fleet. Cpt.Ivan 9th just destroyed a pair of Klingon destroyers violating our space.

This, however, poses a threat, especially if it floats into Ktarian home system. As Cpt.Hostergaard Jr. is with his fleet at Hurkos, I'm awaiting his opinion in this matter or even the wish to engage the creature, and approval from Admiral Nix will also be required in this matter. Of course, the Constellation strike group will be sent to assist.

EDIT: My album of this LP's images on imgur exceeded 1 gigabyte. So proud :P
EDITEDIT: Now we has a poll :3
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 08:10:21 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2012, 05:55:18 pm »

Actually, I thought better. Because Galaxy-X has speed of 2, Cpt.Ivan 9th and his fleet has been called. Together with Constellation group and Cpt.Hostergaard Jr.'s fleet, they will attack the Crystalline entity.

Fuck, just as we founded colony at Hurkos, the Crystalline Entity warped into rendevous point of Constellation and Hostergaard's fleet before Cpt.Ivan 9th arrived.
However, the battle was won rather easily. We lost USS Hamner A, Constellation-class destroyer. Minor damage to few other ships.

In the same time, we found these humanoids on a remote Ferengi-controlled system. As you can see, though, there is SECOND Crystalline Entity, which almost murdered whole Benzar population. Cpt.Hostergaard was ordered back to Hurkos, while Constellation fleet and Ivan's fleet shall meet and together dispose of the threat. Our diplomats began standard Federationification procedure of buttering up Benzites with bribes.
Andorians still reject our treaties.

As soon as first of predestined flagships of Sovereign-class was built, USS Zuikaku A, a young captain called Jarod Cain took command of it. When confronted about this, he claimed to have filled an application for personal fleet ages ago and won't disembark from the ship. We don't have any fleet for him, but Academy reports clearly point that he is a brave and competent man. Zakdorn shipyards were ordered with few Galaxy and Galaxy-X ships for him, but he was told it will take a while because Zakdorn is in middle of upgrading it's infrastructure. Cpt.Jarod was thus ordered to take Zuikaku on shakedown cruise to Zakdorn system.
Also, Acamar I had climate shift into M-type (Earth-like) planet. Sweet.

In the battle against second Entity, we lost USS Rupertus and USS Meredith. The remaining two Constellations were sent to Zakdorn. Starfleet Command haven't decided what to do with them yet, but they will be propably scrapped.

Our scouts ventured into Ferengi space. Sensor readings and reports based on them give approximately 95.1% chance that this system is Ferenginar. The other system with Ferengi ships has two War Cruisers in it.
As Klingons, funded by Ferengi, began bolstering up their fleet, Cpt.Ivan 9th has been recalled to invade their space and eliminate all potential threats.

Our sector of galaxy is empty of Romulan systems. The only two 'native' systems are near Cardassian border. And, well, there's still Andoria, resisting our bribes.
Oh, and Ktarian Game Studio is completed at the felines' homeworld.

First time our agents were able to inflict damage at Ferengi world. At Sol system, USS Yamasiro has been completed. It was sent to Cpt.Hostergaard Jr. as a new flagship of his.
Next one of the series will be sent to Cpt.Euchre at Trill, and fourth to Admiral Nix. Cpt.Ivan, given the speed of Galaxy-X class, won't receive a Sovereign starship, at least not now.

Cpt.Ivan visited Klingons again, just in time to pulverize a  supply convoy.

In the meanwhile, our agents strike straight into heart of Ferengi Alliance. With their power buildings down, their production was severely disrupted for several turns.

Few turns later, USS Musashi is completed and sent to Trill. That pair of Constellation destroyers is sent into action as Ferengi cruisers are roaming at our borders.

Five fights in next turn!
As you can see on screenshot, Cpt.Ivan intercepted a K'tinga class cruiser.
At Trill. Cpt.Euchre destroyed a trio of Cardassian destroyers.
Admiral Nix arrived at Kentanna Romulan Shipyards and destroyed few transports as two cruisers warped away.
Cpt.Hostergaard Jr. destroyed a Ferengi War Cruiser that tried to interrupt construction of Starbase at Ktaria, and two Ferengi raiders were obliterated at Volon starbase.

And then we spot this. The sensor readings aren't optimistic. Cpt.Jarod has been alerted and construction of his fleet sped up, so he can intercept the vessel. Hopefully it is not hostile.
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2012, 09:31:37 pm »

As we commence bombardment of Kentanna, USS Levianthan is built and sent toward the system. It will be Admiral Nix's new flagship.

This happens next turn.
That Dreadnought thing is approaching Trill. Cpt.Euchre Jack has been alerted as Jardo's fleet is not ready yet. The fleet of Cpt.Hostergaard Jr. has been ordered to approach Benzar as we're starting to ask them to leave Ferengi Alliance.

Yep, Benzites will soon be on our side.
I forgot to mention earlier: every few turns, our spies manage to destroy/steal a small amount of Ferengi money (500-2000 or so credits).

Another scientific breakthrough at level 9. The Dreadnought ship warped to Cardassia, destroying an outpost there and scaring the shit out of the ships stationed there which warped away in different directions, ha.
Cpt.Jarod Cain has a small fleet under his command - besides the Sovereign, Zuikaku, he got two Galaxy class vessels, Columbus and Salem, and two Galaxy-X cruisers, Arizona and Calypso.

One turn later, Benzites reject our membership proposal. They're back with Ferengi. Guh. I call bullshit. More bribes have been sent to them.

...They are lucky that our fleets cannot reach their planet yet.

//Time for sleep, I'm dying from triedness.
SigFlags!

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2012, 09:59:19 pm »

Cool, interesting choice for a name. The Zuikaku (meaning fortunate crane, just looked this up) was one of the six aircraft carriers fielded by the Imperial Japanese military in the strike against Pearl Harbor, and the last of them to be sunk.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9