Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll

What it says on the tin
:v

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play! Finished!  (Read 33263 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

That would be he is former crewmember of Nix's, because it was USS Crescent that shot the final phasers :P

Potential good thing for story and Jr. is okay. Just tell me which of the ships you want. Crescent is of course taken.

There are also few 'namename B' ambassadors in other systems, if you want to wait with claiming a ship.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile

What ships? I have no idea, never really played the game and never really watched star trek (sadly). But the larger and stronger the better.  ;)

Although, if ya feel like making a story out of it you can start me of in one of the smaller ships and let me upgrade as I garner victories. Its all up to you. But if you just prefer me to choose then biggest hulking ship whit heaviest lasers you got is what I will take.
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

I think you can have USS Cervera, the only Galaxy-class that lived through Second Battle with Borg :P

Added.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Three patrolling cruisers that arrived at Gaspar system found and destroyed a supply convoy, quite possibly to rebuild the outpost and terraform one of the uninhabited planets. Ambassador-class starships are getting B-variants of their names. I believe that Crescent B was just built at Acamar.

Time to take care of the accursed Gaspar colony. Whilst population doesn't like that fact, their are still enthusiastic thanks to victories against the Borg, and thus our moral is still high.
Another Ambassador and Galaxy are completed, just us Utopia Planitia shipyard facility is completed at planet Mars in Sol system. Starfleet Academy is next in the queue.

Gaspar system is empty of Romulans.
Time for Eden system. Admiral Nix has been given the 'honour' of bombarding the surface as the colonists pack and get away from the system.
Gaspar will be fully terraformed and will be used as a listening post of the local space. In the meanwhile, Starfleet Academy is completed at Sol, where new recruits can be taught tactical and diplomatic skills, as well as gain basic knowledge of running ships. No more rag-tag people taken from streets. In time, the level of tutoring at Academy will be equal, if not higher, than that of prized Zakdornian Academy.

Another breakthrough in sciences, this time, Propulsion. New armaments tests are coming to conclusion, so we can expect new or improved ship designs in few weeks.

Whilst Pelleus system has been stripped of life and resources, the destruction of colony shall be remembered in new settlement. Designs call for memorial statue in the middle of the city.
Just as predicted, weapons got on level 6 as well in the same turn. Next in the queue is Construction research, which should bring a lot of new designs into life.
Also, outpost shall be constructed on now-desolate Eden system. This will allow us to reach deeper into Romulan territory. Cpt.Hostergaard Jr. shall take his fleet and attack Borka system when it will be possible to do so.

What! Clearly they are joking.

I hope this will be a sufficient warning that we don't ally with spies and backstabbers.

//Somewhat of calmer update. Actually, I don't think there will be something more 'actioney' than the war with two Borg Cubes we had :P
SigFlags!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play!
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2012, 11:38:25 pm »

I...I lived?!  Wow!  Thanks for making me an admiral. 

I have a question, do ships gain experience if they win battles?  Like say, the Total War series? 

Great LP, I hope to crush the Federation's enemies like the ants they are. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2012, 05:17:40 am »

Yes, they do. There are 5 experience levels. With 2 and above, they receive less damage, and get higher evade&hit chances.
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2012, 12:24:13 pm »

As you can see, Cardassians decided to fulfill our compensation for the discovery of their meddling. I hope it will be a reminder for them.
In the shipworks department, two outposts, at Eden and Gaspar, are being constructed, whilst USS Hawkesbury B was completed at Zakdorn. Zakdornian shipyard has been turned offline for now, to allow the system to push through needed upgrades in the infrastructure.

At the next turn, uh...

A meltdown happens...

???

For a change, our research department allocation. As you can see, we're behind with Construction. And we moved from 5% from Weapons to Construction at the moment the Arena was built at Chalna. Construction is still behind, though *sigh*

Next turn, outposts are finished. 5th Fleet, under command of Cpt.Hostergaard Jr. will be stationed at Eden. Admiral Nix with his 4th Fleet will be moving over to Borka, and an order for orbital bombardment for short period of time has been issued. Worthy of mention is that his fleet has two Crescents: the older A, and newer, B. Whilst B is outfitted with newest technologies and conveniences, Admiral decided to remain at Crescent A, citing the bond he had formed with the ship and it's crew.

6th Fleet for now is stationed at Selay, and is composed of 6 Ambassador-class cruisers. It can reach Romulus, but for now, we will leave it be.

Also on the picture, you have a single, lonely, unhappy Romulan destroyer.

At last, Construction level 6!

Our Galaxy ships have been modernized. Constellation-class Heavy Destroyer proved to be efficient in the simulators, and thus order for 8 was placed at Utopia Planitia, and the Starfleet Academy was flooded this year with many applicants.

Betazed is churning out transports. For now, the goal is to reinforce Sol and Alien-member worlds with starbases, as well as few strategic places, like Eden (Romulan border) or Volon (Klingon border) systems.

And a disaster strikes at Turn 239! Sadly, without pictures.

By some wicked conspiration of time, place and situation, Admiral Nix was ambushed at Borka. Whilst moving closer to orbital platforms to commence the attack, Romulan ships struck from ambush - four destroyers. Apparently, of much finer and better design than the destroyers from the past.
They destroyed Crescent B in the attack, crippled the rest of Ambassadors and ran away. The orbital platforms then began pelting the other ships with phasers. Zarnitza B and Crescent A were destroyed. Fortunately, part of the crew (including the Admiral) was transported onto Iroquis and Worcester , the only ships remaining.
Spoiler: TLDR Siege of Borka (click to show/hide)

Admiral Nix has been assigned to Iroquis A, one of the only two ships to survive both battles with the Borg. It's truly the right ship for the right man, albeit for now, mourning fills the heart of the crews. The remains of 4th Fleet shall retreat to Selay, where it will be reinforced with or to 6th Fleet.

If the Romulans wanted to remind us of their mastery of striking from the shadows, I will acknowledge that this time. And with this dire news we will finish this rather short update.
SigFlags!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2012, 03:36:21 am »

...Well darn.  Are there actually captains in this game, or did you just say I survived so you don't have to re-captainize me?  ;)

Damn Romulans.  Forgive me if I'm going too far, but is it possible for the Federation to bombard their capital planet into dust? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2012, 06:53:59 am »

There aren't captains. Bascially the best Haspen can do is keep track of which ship is your flagship and let you know how it does in battle. I don't know about the whole "transported to another ship" thing. ::)
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2012, 07:16:06 am »

Yep, just dramatizing this a little so it's not a dry update of 'ships X Y Z destroyed, choose another name NRDL, let's make 5 more ships in their place' :P

For bombarding Romulus, it is possible to bombard it. I just need a fleet large enough to tackle 400 mill population guarded with 11 or so orbital platforms.
SigFlags!

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2012, 07:44:53 am »

I'd say all you need is a fleet who can survive until the 11 orbital platforms are destroyed. After that, time. You could kill Romulus with a fleet of 5 scouts if you were willing to wait that long.

I'd expect any one of your Light Cruiser 2 fleets could get the job done.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2012, 10:13:48 am »

Our first Constellation-class heavy destroyer is completed. Cpt.Ivan took command of it, and whilst he was eager to warp toward the border systems, he was ordered to wait at orbit of Mars until completion of three other Constellation ships. As for now, we will be buying materials with our credits, which means that Cpt.Jarod should have a working patrol group quite soon.

Next turn, USS Taussig is completed at Sol.
Cpt.Nix, along with his 6th Fleet, shall now proceed over to Borka and bombard it. It is more populated system than Romulus. It's loss should deal heavy blow on Romulan production capabilities.

Also, as you can see, the Federation Council signed Order EXA-000, which means that we will be sending our Betazoid and Human agents into Romulan and Ferengi territory to do us some espionage. We shall remain concentrated primarily on internal defense, though.

Next turn, USS Hollister is finished, and added to slowly forming strike fleet of Cpt.Ivan. In the meanwhile, USS Seadragon, our newest Oberth-class scout ship is completed at Zakdorn. It shall take a course through Klingon-Romulan border, then curve along Romulan space and presumably become the first Federation ship to enter Ferengi space.

Also, on Trill, there's now 80 million population. All buildings were brought online, which reestablishes Trill as one of our most important worlds.

Ah right, at last, USS Hamner has been completed. Cpt.Ivan's strike group shall depart for Angosia, and from there, will strike any targets of opportunity.

It is actually quite of sad to harass Klingons. Their fleet is almost non-existant, thanks to the Husnock Raider ship, presumably which is still around their systems.

Hmph. Ferengi get everywhere with their small arms and big bribes.

Now that's like kicking a cripple. This game can be very harsh sometimes.

Scientific breakthrough news are always good, but not so much when it comes to Biology. Almost 95% of the time it only means better farms.

External Affairs scores their first victory. It is a very minor victory, but still a victory. This means that whilst Ferengi military and treasury are somewhat large, their rate of expansion is minimal.
And while we're at colony ships - after we will reinforce key systems with Starbases, we're going to colonize several large systems we have easy access to - those in bottom-right quarter of the map. There's no galactic empires there, which means w're free to build-up our industry there.

In the very same turn, 6th Fleet under command of Cpt.Nix arrives at Borka and prepares to siege it.

The first strike did brilliantly. It took down most of the defenses in Borka system and our ships received only minor damage. The other effect of the siege is buildup of Ferengi and Romulan ships in the area.

Cpt.Ivan and his strike group destroyed an outpost at Exo system. They are going to scout the two innermost systems of the Klingon Empire, including Qo'nos.
In next two turns, Cpt.Ivan visits Stakoron and destroys a transport ship, and at Qo'nos, a destroyer class ship. So much for Klingon Imperial Forces. The strike group was then ordered to Selay, and from that position, it shall intercept enemy vessels.

Siege of Borka continues and so far, public doesn't seem to be all negative about it.

Sandhusky discovers this system, currently in process of colonization by Romulans. The bastards seem to be on a roll when it comes to huge systems. Also, at the top, it's Crystalline Entity - we can assume it's the same that hovered near Acamar long ago.
Also at Trill, our two Ambassadors destroy a Ferengi scout that stumbled into the system.

First Contact! The Andorians have a good initial standing with us, despite being in Romulan hands. Let's check their home system, I wonder if they have nice planets.

Pardon me whilst I go take a break.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:28:16 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2012, 10:24:01 am »

Wow. Would you mind sending me a few systems like that?

Bribe them away and turn it into a shipyard!

Also how many heavy destroyers are you planning on putting in my fleet?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2012, 10:26:08 am »

I thought Captain NRDL was dead...

My theory on the weird Andorian planet is that "growth" means that the entire species is merging into one giganting organism that will devour entire stars and lay waste to the whole galaxy.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2012, 10:27:24 am »

For now, only four. When I catch up with upgrades, there will be two fleets, 8 Constellations in each. Or one Constellation fleet and one Defiant fleet. It really depends how fast we progress.

Also, it's first time ever I see a system larger than 450, not to mention 500+ million people.

And yes, I will be buttering them up in bribes by tens!

EDIT: Woops! Fixin' the mistake now.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9