Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll

What it says on the tin
:v

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play! Finished!  (Read 33265 times)

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play! (DISASTER INCOMING)
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2012, 02:51:04 am »

Good luck, if we survive the borg (or even if we don't) I'd like the first Soverign class ship. :D
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As we amass our fleet at a sector between Zakdorn and Zeta Alpha, our scientists got another level of construction research completed.
Zakdorn and Acamar, thanks to our continous funding, are able to churn cruiser after cruiser. Even Betazed shipyards are contributing, and already supplied the combined fleet of Federation with an Ambassador and two Oberths.

Two turns later, Klingons break our non-aggression treaty and Cardassians declare war against us.

Zeta Alpha. It will be the system in which we will defend our Federation from Borg.

Our fleet. 25 ships, crewed by 17460 brave men and women.
Nrdl's Fleet: 7 Ambassador-class (*Exeter, Shelton, Strong, Wilson, Gravina, Winslow, Madison) and 1 Galaxy-class (Lazarev)
Hostergaard's Fleet: 7 Ambassador-class (Thorn, Champlin, Mac Donald, Excalibur, Zhukov, Gandhi, Velasco) and 2 Galaxy-class (*Sumatra, De Ruyter)
3rd Fleet: 5 Ambassador-class (Horatio, Zarnitza, Harding, Ambassador, Iroquis), 1 Galaxy-Class (*Makarov) and 2 Oberth-class (Stingray, Baraccuda)

Last briefing on the ships, and then, the warp engines have been put on ready. Ready to warp to Zeta Alpha...

...and then, USS Martynov brings dire news to us.

Borg Cube has been spotted at outskirts of Federation space, in Durenia system. We asked for confirmation if it's not Zeta Alpha Cube that fled there.

We received confirmation shortly afterwards.

It is a Second Borg Cube.

//*speechless* D;
//Also, I have to go out for a while, so short update. Also somehow our Ambassadors are of the upgraded version? I might've missed tech-update announcement due to this chaos. I'm fine with this, though.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 04:05:45 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play! (DISASTER INCOMING)
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2012, 03:57:58 am »

War.  War never changes.  Until you introduce gigantic floating blocks. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play! (ONE CUBE DOWN!)
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2012, 05:10:53 am »

Cpt.Nrdl: "Lieutenant Tal, contact the Starfleet Command."
Lt.Tal: "Yes sir. What is the message?"
Cpt.Nrdl: "...We have engaged the Borg."

---

Bridge of USS Makarov. Consoles cast sparks at officers frantically trying to announce the readings and casualties.
Officer 1: "USS Strong destroyed, Gravina lost it's shields! Excalibur's saucer severely damaged!"
Cpt.Hass: "Damnation! Fire the torpedoes!"
Officer 2: "USS Sumatra lost it's warp nacelles! Warp drive is exploding!"
Cpt.Hass: "Lower port shield! Get Captain Hostergaard on boa-"
Officer 2: "USS Sumatra destroyed, sir!"
Officer 1: "We just lost Baraccuda, Thorn and Exeter! Several others heavily damaged!"
Cpt.Hass: "Fire at will! Destroy this thing at all costs!"

Officer 1: "USS De Ruyter has been lost, Zhukov's shields have collapsed, sir!"
Officer 2: "Captain! Look! The Borg Cube!"

Cheers of victory erupted across the bridge... However, only the captains of the starships knew of the secret message that came shortly before the engagement, that the threat is not yet pushed away...

---

First Borg Cube has been destroyed.

We've paid a very high price for this victory. Cpt.Nrdl and his fleet has been pulverized, much like Cpt.Hostergaard and his own fleet. Only Champlin and Zhukov of his fleet remain.
However, there is hope. 3rd Fleet only lost it's scouts and received minor damage to few ships.
Battle of Zeta Alpha will be taught in schools, that's for sure...

Additional ships are manufactured at Zakdorn and Sol, and Betazed, while Starfleet triples it's efforts to get new ensigns and commanders to crew the next ships.

Romulans and Ferengi amass strike groups on a line between Chalna and Acamar, only worsening Federation's situation.

Second Cube is monitored by the fearless crew of USS Martynov and their latest report say that the cube warped into Straleb system, away from Federation space...

But... we can be sure that the Borg will be back.

Soon.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:14:03 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

That was an awesome lesson in brute force and sheer firepower. 

Can I be re-captained?  If so, please name me "Captain Nix", another Ambassador, because I think that's the closest thing to the Enterprise.  Correct me if I'm wrong. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Enterprise was Constitution class starship (The Original Series)
Enterprise-A was Constitution-refit starship (TOS)
Enterprise-B was Excelsior class starship (TOS/The Next Generation) //I wonder why Excelsiors aren't in game. They would make very good heavy cruisers, imho.
Enterprise-C was Ambassador class starship (TNG)
Enterprise-D was Galaxy class starship (TNG)
Enterprise-E was Sovereign class starship (TNG movies)
Enterprise history at memory-alpha.org

And sure, I can give you next captain. USS Crescent was finished at Zakdorn just after the battle so it's yours.
SigFlags!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Thank you!  Yay, another ambassador ship, used solely for war  :D

Glory to the Federation! 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

I just only read that Zeta Alpha system (or somewhere close to it) was the place were first Borg Cube in Star Trek Universe was met by freigther Lalo before USS Enteprise arrived there to intercept :P

+20 to awesomeness of our battle.
SigFlags!

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That was awesome. :)

One thing that I think they always did right with this game was that they made the borg suitably terrifying.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2012, 09:34:27 am »

By miraculous stretch of our management, USS Monroe is completed at Chalna and USS Crescent (commandeered by Cpt.Nix) is finished on Zakdorn. More cruisers are in shipyard queues, and our diplomats try their best to get other empires to sign non-aggression charters.

On other fronts: Pair of Cardassian scouts visit Trill system and one of them gets destroyed by Trill warships. At Acamar, our outpost destroys Ferengi Raider ship, and Midos outpost is attacked by Romulan destroyer, which warps out after firing a volley of torpedoes after decloaking.

Martynov reports that Borg Cube has been spotted in Ennan system, four warp jumps away from Straleb. It is unknown if it's the same Borg Cube, but it might be, given how powerful Borg are. It is possible that the Borg are going to attack us from the same side - we might have Second Battle of Zeta Alpha on our hands in the future.

USS Warakurna is completed at Sol and send to the rally point at Zakdorn system.

Turn later, USS Narwhal, an Oberth-class scout, is completed at Betazed and sent to Zakdorn as well, where 3rd Fleet arrived just a moment ago.

We might have miscalculated. The Borg Cube seems to be going toward Cardassian Union's space, as well as the home system of Federation members, the Trill. Martynov will be chasing the Cube from safe distance.
Our shipyards finish USS Navarra, Galaxy-class, at Zakdorn; USS Drake, Oberth-class, at Betazed, and USS Quiberon, Ambassador-class, at Sol. All ships directed to Zakdorn.

Cardassian Union just met the Borg.
As we're unable to provide transport, Trill warships are loaded with as many children and women as possible, and then they will warp out of the system. Trill system is generally thought to be lost. Even if we would somehow manage to buod a fleet, there's no way it could arrive there in time. Just as USS Moray, Oberth-class, is finished at Betazed, we receive news from Cardassia - they signed the affiliation treaty with us!

USS Martynov has been ordered to join Trill warships and take some Trill refugees on board. Even merchant ships unaffiliated with Federation are helping with evacuation.

Still, it feels like we're saving one tree from whole forest being engulfed by flames.

Cardassians make a wise move. USS Montgomery, Ambassador-class finished at Acamar is sent to Daran, which is our new rallying point. Combined fleets and newly built Galaxy-class starship, USS Cervera, are going there as well.
One turn later, USS Fury is completed (Ambassador) at Sol as the last of this system queue.

Federation Council decided that we will try to reach Trill in time, to save both our members and Cardassian Union from certain destruction.

Martynov and Trill warships, filled with thousands of refugees, are preparing to leave the system.
USS Galicia, Galaxy-class, hastily finished at Zakdorn.

Cardassians complies with our demand for funds (1000 credits), while Borg Cube warps back to Holsberg. We receive reports of Romulan and Ferengi raiders raiding our convoys near Chalna and Acamar, but the losses are minimal.
We're slowly amassing the fleet at Daran, as USS Isis and USS Norman, both Ambassadors, are completed at Acamar and Zakdorn, respectively. Small merchant and transport ships take refugees to Zakdorn as Trill Warships are redirected toward Daran as well.

However, we ran out of time. The fleets were ordered to converge near Trill, red alert on all ships have been raised. At the border of Trill system, we waited just as much as it was possible to let an  Ambassador starship join the fleets, whilst Trill population is forcefully assimilated into Borg Cube, man by man.

And again, we're in the same situation. Roster is being sent to Federation Council.
Cpt.Nix's Fleet: 2 Galaxy-class warships (Cervera, Galicia), 4 Ambassador-class warships (*Crescent, Iroquis, Warakurna, Champlin) and 2 Oberth-class scouts (Moray, Drake)
3rd Fleet, of Zeta Alpha Battle: 1 Galaxy-class warship (*Makarov), 6 Ambassador-class warships (Zhukov, Ambassador, Horatio, Zarnitza, Montgomery, Harding) and one Oberth-class scout (Narwhal).
Joint Federation-Trill Fleet: 1 Galaxy-class warship (*Galicia), 3 Trill Warships (Protector, Guardian, Champion), 3 Ambassador-class warships (Norman, Quiberon, Isis) and one Oberth-class scout (Martynov).

As you can see, one ship less than previously. We have 3 Trill Warships in place of Ambassadors, which are slightly weaker in comparison. We also have 4 Oberths instead of 2.

If victory is writen in the stars, I can tell it will be a very close call...

SigFlags!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2012, 09:51:59 am »

Jesus, those cubes are MONSTERS.  One one hand, they can exterminate and enslave entire species.  On the other hand, they can stop any trivial war just by going into the system of a warring empire. 

Nice job Haspen, glad to see you haven't backed down from the Ferengi-Romulan-Federation war, unlike those cowardly Cardassians. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2012, 10:03:57 am »

Actually, Cardassians lost newly colonized system of Quazula, just on the right of Trill (you can see it on top of the image where Trill is attacked by Borg). That's when Cardassians asked for alliance.

Also, I totally forgot that at Chalna, there are two Ambassadors waiting. One was taken from Selay system and I don't even remember when, whilst the second is USS Monroe which I simply forgot to direct toward Trill when said ship was built.

Oh well.
SigFlags!

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2012, 11:06:08 am »

A couple quick questions.

What turn are you on? Your LP is moving a lot faster than mine.

How many ships did you have when you fought the cube, and how many did you lose?
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2012, 11:58:28 am »

Now it's turn 215 I believe.

25 ships as you can see the roster in one of previous updates, and I lost 17 ships.

----

Bridge of USS Makarov:
Cpt.Hass: "Comm, contact the Council. Tell them... that we have engaged the Borg. Again."

Bridge of USS Crescent:
Cpt.Nix: "Full power to the shields! Status report!"
Officer: "Scouts and Trill warships destroyed, severe casualties aboard Ambassadors, USS Makarov lost!"
Cpt.Nix: "Fire at will! We won't let them decimate Trill! For the Federation!"

Officer: "Montgomery, Harding, Galicia, Norman, Isis lost, sir!"
The bridge shakes as Borg beam hits USS Crescent.
Officer: "Their subspace shield is failing! I'm detecting severe damage to their outer hull, sir!"

Crescent shakes from the impact wave and then it is silent.
Cpt.Nix: "...Contact... Contact the Federation Council. Inform them of our victory. How many of the ships remained?"
Officer: "Besides our ship... four others, sir."

The Crescent turns to check on the status of the fleet. Amidst cloud of debris, only few other ships remain.
Cpt.Nix: *salutes toward the debris cloud* "Their sacrifice will never be forgotten."

Victory! Second Borg Cube destroyed!

Yet again, we have paid enormous costs. Only a portion of Cpt.Nix's fleet remained: USS Crescent, USS Cervera, USS Iroquis, USS Warakurna and USS Champlin. 5, out of 24.
The news of victory flood across the Federation and reach other empires. The Starfleet have defeated the Borg. Twice.

Amidst celebrations, Captain Nix was promoted to the rank of Admiral and can now influence the orders of Federation President, Mister Haspen  // Reward :3

Our scientists get onto sixth level of Physics research. Trill, once a huge civilization, barely escaped extinction but they will thrive once more, given enough time.

Now, as cruisers are being finished at Zakdorn, Betazed, Chalna and Acamar, I believe the time has come to re-assure Romulans and Ferengi that we are still interested in our border systems!

This galaxy will be united one day, you just see.

===
Spoiler: total miracle ohmygod (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:00:09 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile

Woha! I died? God speed captain Hostergaard, your sacrifice will not be forgotten. ;_;7

Anyway, can I get a new ship? Lets say I have a son that was in one of the surviving ships from the second Borg attack and got promoted due bravery or something like that, did something that saved the ship from being destroyed. Oh, I got it! How about its my son that noticed the delay in weapons-fire that allowed us to win the battle? That should be suitable reason for promotion.

Lets call him Hostergaard Jr. Or I can come up with some other name if need be.

Also; awesome work, enjoying the LP!
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9