Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: Wacky Death Race 2: Revised edition(Full. Spots open for following races)  (Read 47812 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

25%, not 25 units of speed.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

Oh, doi! Thankyou Toaster.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

So... despite having a maximum speed of 70 I won't ever be able to go faster than 40 by normal means. And that's assuming perfect acceleration. In practice (assuming you indeed roll a d10) I have a 50% chance of not being able to go above 20 (if I roll below 5 on acceleration and lose 25% (5 in this case) each turn).

WHAT. THE. FUCK. WERE. YOU. THINKING?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 11:55:07 am by Dariush »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

So... despite having a maximum speed of 70 I won't ever be able to go faster than 40 by normal means. And that's assuming perfect acceleration. In practice (assuming you indeed roll a d10) I have a 50% chance of not being able to go above 20 (if I roll below 25% (5 in this case) on acceleration and lose 5 each turn).

WHAT. THE. FUCK. WERE. YOU. THINKING?
It's what happens when you don't really do the math. If you want to I can switch a point from energy or max speed to arceleration. 

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't do the math? Even disregarding the fact that you didn't tell us the rules, why the hell do you give an option to prioritize maximum speed if it's going to be limited by quadrupled acceleration anyway?

And first of all, why didn't you tell us about this bullshit before the race started?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I don't do the math? Even disregarding the fact that you didn't tell us the rules, why the hell do you give an option to prioritize maximum speed if it's going to be limited by quadrupled acceleration anyway?

And first of all, why didn't you tell us about this bullshit before the race started?
I was talking about myself. (Really, I forgot to check numbers, and I'm sorry for that.) Aggresive driving + specials+ other thingies allow you to easily push over  quardupled arceleration.

Also, it is in the rules, somewhere (I think). I was pretty sure I posted it.
Edit: Apparently it is not in the rules, but in the Rollers block thread i think.

Either way, your engine would be something like this
[20/20hp|Energy use:15, Arceleration: d20, Max Speed:50]
Or this
[20/20hp|Energy use:20, Arceleration: d20, Max Speed:70]

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aggresive driving + specials+ other thingies allow you to easily push over  quardupled arceleration.
I already said, quadrupled acceleration can only be achieved by perfectly rolling the maximum possible result every turn.
Either way, your engine would be something like this
[20/20hp|Energy use:15, Arceleration: d20, Max Speed:50]
Or this
[20/20hp|Energy use:20, Arceleration: d20, Max Speed:70]
How about Energy use:15, Arceleration: d20, Max Speed:60? You owe me for the emotional stress. :'(

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I agree with Dariush. You molested him with your sweet words and greasy fingers.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I agree with Dariush. You molested him with your sweet words and greasy fingers.
??? What are you doing here?

I'll think about it. I can't really give you advantage above the other players.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

??? What are you doing here?
I am commenting on the fact you did something to someone.  :P
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just imagine I rolled 0.5 more on that. :P It's not like 10 more maximum speed is that gamebreaking...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 12:32:05 pm by Dariush »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Oh god, 10 more maximum speed, that's totally game-breaking.

Just imagine I rolled 0.5 more on that, you molester. :P
Fine, fine.
But as a GM, I actually should be impartialAhum

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Oh god, 10 more maximum speed, that's totally game-breaking.

Just imagine I rolled 0.5 more on that, you molester. :P
Fine, fine.
But as a GM, I actually should be impartialAhum
((I see that edit. Caellath has a point. You do have mechanical fingers.))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Well anyway. Could everyone please resend their actions stating wherether or not they want to use the bridge/pylons.

Turn will go tomorrow/ day after tomorrow regardless of what has been send.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile

Nvm
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 11:06:32 am by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19