Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: Wacky Death Race 2: Revised edition(Full. Spots open for following races)  (Read 47843 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((0-3HP on successful search rolls? Why a 0, and what does that mean?))

Tyrin was filled with glee and utter amazement. Even though his own scrawl was rated as 'partly legible', the tech and mechanics seemed to get it right.

"Damn, they got it all right."

Timelines, it seemed, did not have an effect on the aesthetic brilliance of this era's engineers. He had a feeling that things may go worse later on, but decided to push his stroke of luck, silently uttering a sentence of thanks. Afterwards, he handed the latest schematics of the Banshee's interior design.

"I'll leave you all to work on how you see fit. Good sirs."

-Special: Cloaking Field - Installed in the cockpit and activated by only a push of a button, using the primary power source and possibly a secondary power source if the first is not available (on good rolls), the field extends to the whole of the aircraft and aids in evasive maneuvers, in so much as making the Tactical-Strike Aircraft invisible to casual observers.

-Special: Missile Fabricator - Inspired by the multi-chambers of a reaction plant and munition factory, Tyrin decided to invent his own diagram of it, only modified to be easily portable on aircraft. This Fabricator is able to create missiles designed to be used by the Banshee, at the cost of power. Though, he hid a hidden technique in the copy, for if the mechanics were good enough, the Fabricator would take even less energy to do it's work.

((If this isn't applicable, tell me. If it isn't then the other idea is below))

If the Missile Fabricator cannot be designed, and is rejected, then this other design will be placed:

Displacement Field - In addition to the Cloaking Fields, inspired again by adaptation arrays in the atmosphere for reflection, the Displacement Field only works when the Banshee is cloaked, able to reflect or redirect any attacks directed at it during the duration of the cloak. If the engineers were good enough, they would notice that this does not rely on power at all, and is actually a passive device.

-Special: If the Cloaking Field rolled lower than 3, reroll and take the higher number. If not:

Multi-Spectrum Wave Dampeners - Known to be carried by individual stealth tactical teams where Tyrin hails from, these devices have been modified and set to incorporate larger units into it's effect. Either doubling the time spent in the cloak OR providing an ulterior defense against trivial affronts to the Banshee - ignoring any effect that would slow it's movements. If the mechanics were keen in finding the secret code, then it would incorporate both ideas.

Loving Toaster's ideas.  :P

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Toaster certainly has the most amusing vehicle thus far.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Toaster certainly has the most amusing vehicle thus far.

With this, I cast my vote on him ahead of poll. Like I did before.

Edit: GM: Range, cooldown and number of affected for "ECM: X*25 power to lower enemy accuracy with dX" please.

Edit II:

Player name: Tyrin Ferric
Cash: 500
Vehicle name: Banshee
Stats:
(+1 dodge,-1 armor, flies)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 290/290 E(30 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:20, Arceleration: d20, Max Speed:50]
Iridium armor: d6 armor
Regenerative nanites: [Uses 20 energy, Heals 0-3 hp on a succesfull search roll.]
Defensive matrix: d7 dodge
ECM: X*25 power to lower enemy accuracy with dX
Spoiler: Firelash rockets (click to show/hide)
[4]Defense Roll 1:  Iridium Plating - Armor from fallen 'stars', designed for speed while acting as a flexible weave around all parts of the Banshee, able to disperse any incoming projectiles and even special attacks, if structured correctly.
Player name: Jack Dendy
Vehicle name: Starhopper
Bio: After failing to win the last race, Jack decided to enter again. This time with a slightly more weapon-based vehicle.
(+1 to armor, +5 to speed )
Powercore:[20/20hp| 110/110 E(20 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:15, Arceleration: d10, Max Speed:20]
Light armor: D5+1 armor. +5 to speed (Bonusses are already acounted for)
Point defense turret: [8/8 ammo, d6 defense roll, Returns Dodge roll-Acc roll damage to sender.]
Spoiler: Machine guns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hydra missiles (click to show/hide)
-Defense systems: Light armor, keep the speed high, but add a bit of armor.[4]

Noticed the armor difference.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 11:31:27 pm by Tiruin »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

@ Tiruin: Your vehicle heals between 0 and 3 hp every time you do a succesfull search action. Even when looking for something else.

@ECM: Range: Infinitif Cooldown: None, Number of affected: 1

He gets a speed bonus from his armor, reducing the protection.( The +1 is a form bonus Saying that, i forgot to sutract the -1 form your form bonus)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Are my wings affected by the accuracy bonus from diving?

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

In the interest of mod consideration, I submit two alternatives:

Use the first if you're okay with a bit of fourth-wall breaking:

Special Roll 3:  The Trousers of Time:  Before heading down the Trousers of Time, this device allows the driver to attempt the same action two different ways, and choose which reality to pursue and future to seal.  [Game effect- Roll the chosen action twice, and take the better roll.]

Otherwise, let's do this:

Special Roll 3Buridan’s ass:  This device creates an optical illusion of two equally viable paths in front of the target.  The two targets, being equally viable, will stun the target into inaction as he is unable to make a rational decision on which path to taken.

Isn't the Chewbacca Defense a logical fallacy, not a paradox?

Fallacy?  Paradox?  You're asking me to pick on and not the other?  Ladies and gentlemen of the supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider: (pulling down a diagram of Chewie) this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now, think about that. That does not make sense!  Why would a Wookiee -- an eight foot tall Wookiee -- want to live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!  But more importantly, you have to ask yourself: what does that have to do with this discussion? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense!

Look at me, I'm a poster on a major gaming forum, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca. Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense. None of this makes sense.  And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberating and conjugating the Emancipation Proclamation... does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense.  If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

Yes, but if you're not going to make sense, atleast do it properly! :3

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Isn't the Chewbacca Defense a logical fallacy, not a paradox?

Fallacy?  Paradox?  You're asking me to pick on and not the other?  Ladies and gentlemen of the supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider: (pulling down a diagram of Chewie) this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now, think about that. That does not make sense!  Why would a Wookiee -- an eight foot tall Wookiee -- want to live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!  But more importantly, you have to ask yourself: what does that have to do with this discussion? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense!

Look at me, I'm a poster on a major gaming forum, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca. Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense. None of this makes sense.  And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberating and conjugating the Emancipation Proclamation... does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense.  If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

Yes, but if you're not going to make sense, atleast do it properly! :3

Here, look at the silly monkey!

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Are my wings affected by the accuracy bonus from diving?
There's no accuracy bonus for diving. You rolled a 1 on that one.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Fuck. Ok,
Roll 1: reroll Dive;
Roll 2: powered armor: no dodge or speed penalty, small bonus, I may spend energy to increase the armor for 1-2 turns proportional to the energy spent (though if I roll badly, the variable effect may be scratched). If I roll badly, get 'can only be used every N turns' effect.
Roll 3: fire predictors: increase dodge, I may spend energy to increase the dodge for 1-2 turns proportional to the energy spent (though if I roll badly, the variable effect may be scratched). If I roll badly, get 'can only be used every N turns' effect. If I roll VERY badly, won't be able to use predictors and armor in the same turn.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Turn Four: Special edition

Player name: adwarf
Vehicle name: The Destructor
Stats:
(-2 armor)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 50/50 E(20-40 regen)]
Engine: [20/20 hp| Energy use:20, Arceleration: d20+5, Max Speed:80]
Automated Drone Defense net: [8/8 ammo, d6 dodge roll, Returns Dodge roll-Acc roll damage to sender.]
Prototype Kinetic Reflective Shield:[d6+2 armor, 20 energy use. On a succesfull deflect has a 50% chance to rebound the attack to a random player]
Cloacking device:[30 energy use. +2 to dodge]
Drone swarm: [Ammo: 1/1, Range: This section. Unleashes a d8 Acc, d8 damage weapon on every player in range]
Nuclear Warfare:[Ammo:4/4, Gives a +3 Damage bonus to all weapons for one turn. Weapons get an AoE of 5 and cause irradiation of the section they are in]

[2]Special: Cloaking Device
[6]Special: Drone Swarm - A large swarm of aerial assault drones burst forth from somewhere, and attacks all racers but me.
[6]Special: Nuclear Warfare - My munitions are temporarily switched with prototype nuclear munitions.

Player name: Tyrin Ferric
Vehicle name: Banshee
Stats:
(+1 dodge,-1 armor, flies)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 290/290 E(30 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:20, Arceleration: d20, Max Speed:50]
Iridium armor: d6 armor
Regenerative nanites: [Uses 20 energy, Heals 0-3 hp on a succesfull search roll.]
Defensive matrix: d7 dodge
ECM: X*25 power to lower enemy accuracy with dX
Cloacking field: [Energy use: 60/turn, Prevents the ship from being targetted directly(Ie only hit if someone shoots an Aoe attack at a person near you)]
Missile fabricator:[10 energy for a firelash rocket. 20 for a Long range cruise missile. Has a 10% chance to make faulty missiles.]
Spoiler: Firelash rockets (click to show/hide)
[1]Special: Cloaking Field - Installed in the cockpit and activated by only a push of a button, using the primary power source and possibly a secondary power source if the first is not available (on good rolls), the field extends to the whole of the aircraft and aids in evasive maneuvers, in so much as making the Tactical-Strike Aircraft invisible to casual observers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[6]-Special: Missile Fabricator - Inspired by the multi-chambers of a reaction plant and munition factory, Tyrin decided to invent his own diagram of it, only modified to be easily portable on aircraft. This Fabricator is able to create missiles designed to be used by the Banshee, at the cost of power. Though, he hid a hidden technique in the copy, for if the mechanics were good enough, the Fabricator would take even less energy to do it's work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[6]-Special: If the Cloaking Field rolled lower than 3, reroll and take the higher number. If not:

Player name: Jack Dendy
Vehicle name: Starhopper
Bio: After failing to win the last race, Jack decided to enter again. This time with a slightly more weapon-based vehicle.
(+1 to armor, +5 to speed )
Powercore:[20/20hp| 110/110 E(20 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:15, Arceleration: d10, Max Speed:20]
Light armor: D5+1 armor. +5 to speed (Bonusses are already acounted for)
Point defense turret: [8/8 ammo, d6 defense roll, Returns Dodge roll-Acc roll damage to sender.]
Rocket Booster: [Uses 75 energy to give a 20 boost to speed]
Mines:[4/4 ammo. (Accuracy/dam= d6) Remain in place if dodged]
Repair nanobots[Heals 2 hp, [4/4 uses] 50% failchance]
Spoiler: Machine guns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hydra missiles (click to show/hide)
-Special: Rocket Booster [5]
-Special: Mines [4]
-Special: Repair Nanobots [2]

Player name: Connor Hasbin
Vehicle name: The Armadillo MK2
(+2 to armor, +5 to engine power use)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 170/170 E(30 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:35, Arceleration: d40, Max Speed:50]
Land/Sea armor: d10+2. Increases reactor energy use.
Point defense turret: [8/8 ammo, d8 defense roll, Returns Dodge roll-Acc roll damage to sender. Air only]
Camouflage: d2 dodge roll
Devastating volley: Allows you to fire up to 4 missiles. For each missile fired add a +2 to damage and a -1 to accuracy. Volleys have 5 area damage
Spoiler: Flak cannon (click to show/hide)
[6]Special 1: Devastating Volley. You know when you JUST HAVE TO take out that particular guy? Well, this is how! This special launches all 4 Devastation Rockets at a single target! When one hits, the second hit will have a damage boost to represent how the first weakened the area.

[3]Special 2: If Devastating Volley rolled less than 4, re-roll. If not, re-roll Core.

[4]Special 3: If Devastating Volley re-roll OR the Core's re-roll was less than 4, re-roll.

Player name: Dariush the Madder
Vehicle name: WorldConq II Mk.1
Powercore:[20/20hp| 30/30 E(70 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:15, Arceleration: d10, Max Speed:70]
-Altitude change: I can rise higher for N*10 meters (I specify N when doing the action) at the cost of 10*N.  Raised dodge by N but lowers Acc by N.  (-5%*N speed debuff during flight)
-Dive: I lower myself by N*10 meters and increase speed by N. Costs 5*N.
-Razor sharp wings: Does damage equal to speed/3(Cap:20). Targets dodge and armor roll are subtracted from this. If the result is negative, apply damage to user.
-EMP: Reduces speed by 15%*d6. Uses 40 energy. Can be used every 4 turns.
-Sonic destabilizer: Range:20 Target gets a -1 to armor and dodge. Every 3 turns. (10 energy use)
-Power armor[d7 armor, Can spend 25*N energy to increase armor by dN for 2 turns)
-Trajectory predictors[d7 dodge, Can spend 25*N energy to increase dodge by dN for 2 turns)
Spoiler: Laser turret (click to show/hide)
[1]Roll 1: reroll Dive;
[5]Roll 2: powered armor: no dodge or speed penalty, small bonus, I may spend energy to increase the armor for 1-2 turns proportional to the energy spent (though if I roll badly, the variable effect may be scratched). If I roll badly, get 'can only be used every N turns' effect.
[5]Roll 3: fire predictors: increase dodge, I may spend energy to increase the dodge for 1-2 turns proportional to the energy spent (though if I roll badly, the variable effect may be scratched). If I roll badly, get 'can only be used every N turns' effect. If I roll VERY badly, won't be able to use predictors and armor in the same turn.

Player name:  Toaster
Vehicle name:  The Paradox
Modules
(-1 to dodge)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 30/30 E(70 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:30, Arceleration: d50, Max Speed:70]
Shrödinger shield: d6 dodge. 5 Energy use
Imovable object armor: d6 armor
Unstopable force device: Any taken damage results in a speed increase equal to 2* damage. (Going over max speed requires a d6 roll to prevent you from barreling into something).
Zeno device:[Energy use:10, Has a 10% chance of stopping pass attemps.Stopped passerby's don't lose momentum, and will be able to pass whitout roll next turn]
Paradoxal Stunner: Energy use: 50. Range: 40. Target rolls d6. (1-2: Speed -20, 3-4: -10, 5-6: 0)
Chewbacca defense:[Energy use: 100. Tears a hole in time and space to summon chewbacca. Or something else, depends on a d10]
Trousers of time: [Game effect- Roll the chosen action twice, and take the better roll. Once every 3 turns. [10 energy] Safeties can be overridden to increase the effect to the whole turn, but SpaceTime continuum intergrety can not be ensured.]
Spoiler: Theseus Guns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Grandfather Cannon (click to show/hide)

[2]Special Roll 1:  The Zeno Device:  When any other racer attempts to pass the Paradox, the Zeno Device informs the other vehicle that doing so is, in fact, impossible.  Reality then adjusts itself to the case that the Paradox is still in the lead.

[6]Special Roll 2:  The Chewbacca Defense: "Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!"  The Chewbacca Defense focuses the nonsensicality and triviality of this argument to tear a hole in reality and summon Chewbacca himself to the race track!  He won't appreciate this, and will then proceed to attack any racer near him.  Designed to deploy as a mobile track hazard.

[6]Special Roll 3:  The Trousers of Time:  Before heading down the Trousers of Time, this device allows the driver to attempt the same action two different ways, and choose which reality to pursue and future to seal.  [Game effect- Roll the chosen action twice, and take the better roll.]

Name: Sky King
Vehicle Name: Cincinnati
Bio: Having won the first Death Race, Monk changed his name to Sky King, and now seeks to add a new moniker- Horse Lord!
(Jetboost: Uses 100 energy. Produces a 20 speed boost and allows the Cincinnati to fly.)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 110/110 E(35 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:20, Arceleration: d40, Max Speed:60] (Fragile)
Armor: D8 armor. Hard to repair though
Powercore armor: adds a +3 armor bonus to any attack directed at the core.
Power leech: [Range: 20. Accuracy: d8. Can suck up to 20 power/turn. Link will remain untill the 2 races distance more then 20 from each other.(If the victims reactor runs dry, the power stream may reverse.Overcharging your own reactor is not a good idea.)]
Oil slick: [[4/4 ammo] Players must roll dodge above 1 or lose 25% speed. Non persistent.]
Spoiler: Laser Eyes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ORAL FLAMETHROWER (click to show/hide)

[6]Special 1- Power Leech! The Cincinnati has a unicorn horn that, when activated, fires a beam of energy that creates a conduit between the Cincinnati's Powercore and a single target opponent. This conduit drains Power from the target and funnels it directly to the Cincinnati's Powercore.

[1]Special 2- Oil Slick! The Cincinnati can spew oil onto the track from its... nether regions. All following racers must dodge the slick or lose significant speed. If the race is multi-lap (I forget) the slick may persist.

[6]Special 3- If Power Leech was 3 or less, reroll. Otherwise, reroll Engine.

Player name: Jim Hawkes
Vehicle name: Death wing
Bio: A military officer and pilot who has been sent to join the WDR in order to get inside the organization and spy on the sponsors who have a stranglehold on the nation. Winning is a side benefit
Stats:
(+1 armor,-5 arceleration. Overcharge: Route power from the engines to a single weapon system. (Engine offline that turn. +2 to damage.))
Powercore:[20/20hp| 170/170 E(0-60 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:20, Arceleration: d10-5, Max Speed:10]
Armor: D8 Hard to repair
Engine armor: Gives a +5 to any attack rolls directed at the engine
Energy shield: d5 dodge: 20 energy use
Auto repair system: [Uses 20 energy, Heals 0-5 hp on a succesfull search roll. Automatic]
Military recon sats: Can Pm the GM about incoming hazards. [Active targetting. Can spend N*10 energy to get a D(N) bonus to accuracy. Enemies recieve the same bonus]
Army saboteurs: Can submit any hazard to the GM(including location). The Gm will need to put it in. (Rebalancing may occur). Sadly you can fall into your own traps.
Spoiler: Eartshaker missile (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Autocannons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Plasma gun (click to show/hide)
[6]Special 1: Auto repair systems, mechanisms inside the Death Wing can fix and replace parts on the fly and if necessary reroute power from one system to another
[5]Special 2: Access to military recon satellites, giving picture perfect intelligence on incoming hazards, enemy position, and weather predictions
[6]Special: Reroll if any of the two above are roll of 1 or 2. if not, army commandos and saboteurs that can rig the track with booby traps and ambushes (one use only per race and target must be chosen before race starts, to be fair to the other players)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 03:31:42 pm by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Turn finished. Overal suprisingly good rolls. 11 sixes out of 24 rolls.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

"SpaceTime continuum intergrety can not be ensured."

You know it's a good special when that line is included.  With that, the Grandfather Cannon, and the Chewbacca Defense, what are the odds I manage to erase the whole race from reality?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Provisional turn while I ask some questions.  Watch this space to change.

Reroll 1:  Reroll the Body.

Reroll 2:  If the body is 2 or less, reroll it.  Otherwise, reroll the Zeno Device

Reroll 3:   If the body is 2 or less, reroll it.  If the Zeno Device is 2 or less, reroll it.  Otherwise, reroll the Grandfather Cannon.

Questions:  For the Zeno Device and Schrodinger Shield, are those energy costs every turn or just when they are rolled against?   Do I have to declare usage of the Zeno Device, or does it activate automatically when someone attempts to pass me?  If it's automatic, can it be turned off?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

"SpaceTime continuum intergrety can not be ensured."

You know it's a good special when that line is included.  With that, the Grandfather Cannon, and the Chewbacca Defense, what are the odds I manage to erase the whole race from reality?

It's ok, the time stream seems to be somewhat resilient. After all, that's the entire operating principle of the Grandfather Cannon.

Also, YEAAAAH Power-leeching Unicorn horn! I am well pleased. Could I get a ruling on how much overcharging is Too Much?

Reroll 1: Armor Engine more thoroughly
Reroll 2: Reroll Powercore
Reroll 3: Reroll Laser Eyes

I'll be out of town and without internet until Sunday Night, as well, so if you know what action's you'll be asking me for I'll submit them ahead of time or something.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reroll 1-3: Use these to improve my engine if possible.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19