Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Wacky Death Race 2: Revised edition(Full. Spots open for following races)  (Read 47787 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile

Whoops, this is what I get for not paying attention to my PMs. I'll edit my rolls in
Player name: Jim Hawkes
Cash: 500
Vehicle name: Death wing
Bio: A military officer and pilot who has been sent to join the WDR in order to get inside the organization and spy on the sponsors who have a stranglehold on the nation. Winning is a side benefit
First action:
Form: Attack helicopter. A flying death machine that's heavily armored and can unleash untold amounts of firepower. Don't want to sacrifice speed too much, but if it's necessary it's okay.
Powercore: A first in plasma generator technology . High storage and more power, but output is random and possibly dangerous.
Engine:The death wing's engine is power efficient and strong. not very good with speed and meh on acceleration
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 11:47:47 am by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Turn up. Any complains?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

None whatsoever.

Tyrin looked upon the schematics of his new project. The workers were doing fine at their job, most of it was even better than his other work. It was time to burden the wings with his ideas.

-Weaponry: Firelash Rockets! Shockwave missile batteries. Perfect, these shall go under the foresection, flanking the cockpit...
-Weaponry: Long-range Cruise Missile! ...and between the turbofans, I would like a launching system compacted right there. Yes, right before the cockpit...
-Weaponry: ECM (Electronic Counter Measure) ...and in the cockpit, I'd like something installed there. Something to disrupt anyone trying to target me. Make this one draw power from our reactor.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:13:29 pm by Tiruin »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Wait what, 30 storage but 70 regen? I do get to use the excess the turn it gets generated, don't I?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-Weaponry: Twin .50 Cal Gatling Guns
-Weaponry: Quad Heat Seeking Missiles
-Weaponry: Deployable .50Cal Sentries

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Wait what, 30 storage but 70 regen? I do get to use the excess the turn it gets generated, don't I?
Of course.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile

Assuming I'm in:

Weapon 1: Earthshaker missile pods. For when you absolutely must turn the target and everything within 20 yards into a crater. (Air-to-ground, high damage, medium range weapon that's expensive ammo wise and makes up it's low accuracy for being AoE and tearing up the track)
Weapon 2: Nose mounted auto cannons that can switch ammo between AP and AA shells (similar to red wrecker's machine guns, but slightly more expensive ammo wise in order to be able to do actual damage. AP and AA ammo are separate)
Weapon 3: Plasma gun that feeds it's ammo right from the engine. (all-round gun)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 01:27:59 pm by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Yes you are in. (Rolling you know.)

The stats for the weaponry are range, damage, accuracy, energy/ammo use and misc. Give me hints about what you want. (Especially ammo or energy based.)

Btw, I really like adwarfs sentries.'

Edit: Luke rolls are in.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:23:41 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- Attitude change: I can rise higher for N*10 meters (I specify N when doing the action) at the cost of 3*N. Depending on distance from the ground (let's call it D), my dodge is raised by D while the accuracy of all my weapons is lowered by D.
- Dive: I lower myself by N*10 meters and travel N tiles in a specified direction. My weapons get a +N bonus to accuracy for that turn. Costs 2*N.
- Laser blaster: if the accuracy in general is independent from distance, for this weapon it will be inversely proportional. Unless I'm attacking from the height of 1 and not as part of diving, I can't target specific enemy parts. I can fire between 1 at 10 shots at once, each one at 5 power (no separate ammo pool). Every separate shot is obviously weak, but is separately targeted if the above condition (height 1, no diving) isn't fulfilled. If I'm firing 4 or less shots, they get a bonus to accuracy.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, please explain the whole engine system. We pay a set price to get a dX bonus to our speed, correct? But what happens then? Does speed decrease naturally? Do we have to pay energy to keep the speed up?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Also, please explain the whole engine system. We pay a set price to get a dX bonus to our speed, correct? But what happens then? Does speed decrease naturally? Do we have to pay energy to keep the speed up?
Engine energy costs are counted as long as your engine is running. Speed naturaly decreases. (-25% turn).

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, so is the acceleration automatic? If yes, if I turn off my engines, how fast will I be slowing down?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Wait, so is the acceleration automatic? If yes, if I turn off my engines, how fast will I be slowing down?
Racing happens with most action.(Look at the actions in the main post.)
As said before, with engines off you'll be slowing down with 25% of your speed/turn. But possible more. Depends on the terrain.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The info in OP is unclear. Does normal driving give acceleration? When I do an action that doesn't allow acceleration, do I still pay engine upkeep costs?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

The info in OP is unclear. Does normal driving give acceleration? When I do an action that doesn't allow acceleration, do I still pay engine upkeep costs?
Yes.
Yes, You won't arcelerate, but at least you won't slow down(as much).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19