Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Wacky Death Race 2: Revised edition(Full. Spots open for following races)  (Read 47763 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Yup, you're waiting for me.

Updates might be very irregular for the coming month.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:14:40 am by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Turn Ten: It's been a while

Notes: If you want me to use ammobased defensive systems, please tell me. Default state is off.

Quote from: Actions
adwarf: Activate Shields, and drive aggressively
Tiruin: Fabricate 1 Firelash Rocket
Defensive driving!
TAKE THE RIFT! Yell: "Ride the Storm!"
Keep my Cloaking Device on. If that does not help me in anyway, turn it off. (It won't help you dodge the blasts. it's a hazard, not an enemy.
Use my ECM: Where X = 4 on the Imperial Soldiers and/or Wookies

Scelly 9: RACE + Defence turret + Rocket Boost
Maximum Mc Dreight: Aggressive driving normal route (assuming that acceleration, if good enough, can beat the 25% drop AND the 20% drop from the safer option as i can't accelerate anymore at top speed.)
UNLESS the pitstop's recharging is also on a dice roll, then use all I can to make devastator rockets. I can't remember if I have over 120 or not. I don't think so, so it'll just be 1 anyways. If it does require a dice roll, just 1 rocket made (yes, I know, a pointless comment, shush )

(+d2 acc bonus. 1 turn)Dariush:I'll choose the caverns.
I'll drive agressively (15), lower myself by 4 levels (20), restock 5 energy in pool and do a 6-shot barrage to whoever is going the fastest within 20 tiles. If there's nobody in range, spend 50 energy for +d2 to dodge for two turns.

Toaster: Agg drive through the rift!  Turn on shield, Zeno, and activate Trousers of Time without overcharge.
Monk: Drive aggressively off the jump!
Luke: Into the rift! Fire harpoon gun at anyone else going in.

Max and Monk, having raced through the caverns are now nearing on the jump. The tensions are high as Monk is slowly catching on to Monk. Suddenly Monk turns away from the safe route, and drives of the cliff at full speed.(60*0.75=45 +35*1.25 arceleration= 89 speed). Monks sails through the air on his Cincinnati, and lands prefectly, gaining quite a lot of distance on Max, who's taking the safer route.(50*0.55= 37.5+13 arceleration= 40.5). Doing so slows him down a bit. Monk takes advantage of this situation to take the first place, preparing to escape next turn. After that he's forced to return to a slower speed, as his engines can't keep up with this one. Max manages to follow, but can't really keep up with Monks frantic sprint.

Suddenly, a rift tears open behind them, and through it they can see Tyrin, Toaster and Luke driving through a jungle like landscape.
Tyrin (10*0.75+10= 10(def driving)) manages to maintain his current speed. Toaster (19*0.75= 14.25+28*1.25= 49) manages to get his engines working decently and speeds away while Luke drives normally(9*0.75+ 7-5), carefully maintaining his current speed.

Tyrin activates his ECM, lowering the empires accuracy with 4, and manages to dodge all the wayward laser blasts without problems[4+1+2+4]. Toaster barely manages to avoid all the incoming laserblast [5+3-2]. In an alternate reality [2+3-2], Toaster is hit head on by a laser blast, taking [8+4] vs [4] 8 damage to his armor and gaining 16 speed. Luke also enters the rift, and is unable to dodge the laserblasts [1+4] [6] but takes no damage. He fires his harpoon gun[6] at Toaster[4+3-2], managing to gain a stable link and dragging himself forward.

Toaster races forward, breaking the harpoon link and taking over on the suprised Max. Luke and Tiruin follow to, but are having problems keeping up.

Meanwhile adwarf, Scelly and Dariush are playing safe and navigating the canyons. Adwarf(28*0.75= 21+(14+5)*1.25= 39 slowly arcelerates, and is slowly climbing up to his cruise speed. Jack activates his rocket booster(29*0.75=22+18+20) racing of at a tremendous speed. Meanwhile Dariush comes down from above (23*0.75=17+11+8). Sadly it seems there's nobody in range.
Adwarf bounces between the stalactites, taking no damage. Scelly manages to make it trough unharmed, using PD rounds to blast away smaller stalactites. While Dariush carefully flies between them [7-2+2].

After this Scelly manages to break of from the pack and catch up with the others, before being slowed down by the constraints of his engine.  Adwarf is in a good position to pull ahead too, but Dariush position doesn't look that well.

The main pack is now finishing the first of six laps, and can now decide to take a pitstop. Landvehicles can also quickly arcelerate on the gravel.
Dariush and adwarf are tailing behind them, and are now approaching the Cliff.

Quote from: Locations and speed
Monk:[84]    60 speed
Toaster[81]  49 speed
Max [51]      41 speed
Camera car: 20 speed (Always at spot 50)
Luke [28]     9 speed
Tiruin: [11]  10 speed
Scelly[13]    40 speed
--------------
Adwarf:[82] 28 Speed
Camera car: 20 speed (Always at spot 50)
Dariush[51]  36 speed

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Player name: adwarf
Cash: 500
Vehicle name: The Destructor
Stats:
(-2 armor)
Powercore:[19/20hp| 20/50 E(20-40 regen)]
Engine: [20/20 hp| Energy use:20, Arceleration: d20+5, Max Speed:85]
Automated Drone Defense net: [8/8 ammo, d6 dodge roll, Returns Dodge roll-Acc roll damage to sender.]
Prototype Kinetic Reflective Shield:[d6+2-2 armor, 20 energy use. On a succesfull deflect has a 50% chance to rebound the attack to a random player]
Light HD armor plating [d7-2 armor roll, +5 max speed. Only works when the shield is off[5/20] 25%
Cloacking device:[30 energy use. +2 to dodge]
Spider Mines[3/3 ammo, Range:20 , Acc: d6, Dam d6. Always attacks the closest player.]
Drone swarm: [Ammo: 1/1, Range: This section. Unleashes a d8 Acc, d8 damage weapon on every player in range]
Nuclear Warfare:[Ammo:4/4, Gives a +3 Damage bonus to all weapons for one turn. Weapons get an AoE of 5 and cause irradiation of the section they are in]

Player name: Tyrin Ferric
Cash: 900
Vehicle name: Banshee
Stats:
(+1 dodge,-1 armor,+10 max speed, flies)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 110/290 E(30 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:20, Arceleration: d20, Max Speed:60]
Iridium armor: d6-1 armor
Defensive matrix: d7+1 dodge
LIDAR: +1 to search rolls
Regenerative nanites: [Uses 20 energy, Heals 0-3 hp on a succesfull search roll.]
ECM: X*25 power to lower enemy accuracy with dX
Cloacking field: [Energy use: 60/turn, Prevents the ship from being targetted directly(Ie only hit if someone shoots an Aoe attack at a person near you)]
Missile fabricator:[40 energy for a firelash rocket. 50 for a Long range cruise missile. Has a 10% chance to make faulty missiles.]
Spoiler: Firelash rockets (click to show/hide)

Player name: Jack Dendy
Vehicle name: Starhopper
Bio: After failing to win the last race, Jack decided to enter again. This time with a slightly more weapon-based vehicle.
(+1 to armor, +5 to speed )
Powercore:[30/30hp| 65/170 E(40 regen)](hard to repair)
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:10, Arceleration: d20, Max Speed:40]
Light armor: D5+1 armor. +5 to speed (Bonusses are already acounted for)[12/20 75%]
Point defense turret: [7/8 ammo, d6 defense roll, Returns Dodge roll-Acc roll damage to sender.]
Rocket Booster: [Uses 75 energy to give a 20 boost to speed]
Mines:[4/4 ammo. (Accuracy/dam= d6) Remain in place if dodged]
Repair nanobots[Heals 2 hp, [4/4 uses] 50% failchance]
Spoiler: Machine guns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hydra missiles (click to show/hide)

Player name: Connor Hasbin
Vehicle name: The Armadillo MK2
(+2 to armor, +5 to engine power use)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 30/170 E(30 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:35, Arceleration: d40, Max Speed:50]
Land/Sea armor: d10+2. Increases engine energy use.
Point defense turret: [8/8 ammo, d8 defense roll, Returns Dodge roll-Acc roll damage to sender. Air only]
Camouflage: d5 dodge roll
Onboard Devastator Rocket Factory:[60 energy for a devastator rocket.]
Devastating volley: Allows you to fire up to 4 missiles. For each missile fired add a +2 to damage and a -1 to accuracy. Volleys have 5 area damage
Spoiler: Flak cannon (click to show/hide)

Player name: Dariush the Madder
Vehicle name: WorldConq II Mk.1
Powercore:[20/20hp| 10/30 E(70 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:15, Arceleration: d20, Max Speed:60]
-Altitude change: I can rise higher for N*100 meters (I specify N when doing the action) at the cost of 10*N.  Raised dodge by N but lowers Acc by N.  (-5%*N speed debuff for each turn flying after the first one)
-Dive: I lower myself by N*100 meters and increase speed by N*2. Costs 5*N. Increases Accuracy by N/2.
-Razor sharp wings: Does damage equal to speed/3(Cap:20). Targets dodge and armor roll are subtracted from this. If the result is negative, apply damage to user.
-EMP: Reduces speed by 15%*d6. Uses 40 energy. Can be used every 4 turns. (Useable in turn 12)
-Nuclear Meltdown:[Core takes d6 damage per turn used. Doubles energy production. Increases arceleration by d20 and gives a +2 to dam rolls.]
-Sonic destabilizer: Range:20 Target gets a -1 to armor and dodge. Every 3 turns. (10 energy use)
-Power armor[d7 armor, Can spend 25*N energy to increase armor by dN for 2 turns)
-Trajectory predictors[d7 dodge, Can spend 25*N energy to increase dodge by dN for 2 turns)
Spoiler: Laser turret (click to show/hide)

Player name:  Toaster
Vehicle name:  The Paradox
Modules
(+3 to dodge,-1 Accuracy)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 25/30 E(70 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:30, Arceleration: d50, Max Speed:70]
Shrödinger shield: d6+3 dodge. 5 Energy use
Imovable object armor: d6 armor
Unstopable force device: Any taken damage results in a speed increase equal to 2* damage. (Going over max speed requires a d6 roll to prevent you from barreling into something).
Zeno device:[Energy use:10, Has a 75% chance of stopping pass attemps.Stopped passerby's don't lose momentum, and will be able to pass whitout roll next turn]
Paradoxal Stunner: Energy use: 50. Range: 40. Target rolls d6. (1-2: Speed -20, 3-4: -10, 5-6: 0)
Chewbacca defense:[Energy use: 100. Tears a hole in time and space to summon chewbacca. Or something else, depends on a d10]
Trousers of time: [Game effect- Roll the chosen action twice, and take the better roll. Once every 3 turns. [10 energy] Safeties can be overridden to increase the effect to the whole turn, but SpaceTime continuum intergrety can not be ensured.] Used 1 turn ago
Spoiler: Theseus Guns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Grandfather Cannon (click to show/hide)

Name: Sky King
Vehicle Name: Cincinnati
Bio: Having won the first Death Race, Monk changed his name to Sky King, and now seeks to add a new moniker- Horse Lord!
(Jetboost: Uses 100 energy. Produces a 20 speed boost and allows the Cincinnati to fly.)
Powercore:[30/30hp| 91/170 E(35-55 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:20, Arceleration: d40, Max Speed:60] (Fragile)
Armor: D8 armor. Hard to repair though [12/2075%]
Powercore armor: adds a +3 armor bonus to any attack directed at the core.
Engine armor: adds a +3 armor bonus to any attack directed at the engine
Power leech: [Range: 20. Accuracy: d8. Can suck up to 20 power/turn. Link will remain untill the 2 races distance more then 20 from each other.(If the victims reactor runs dry, the power stream may reverse.Overcharging your own reactor is not a good idea.)]
Oil slick: [4/4 ammo] Players must roll dodge above 1 or lose 25% speed. Non persistent.]
Spoiler: Laser Eyes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ORAL FLAMETHROWER (click to show/hide)

Player name: Jim Hawkes
Vehicle name: Death wing
Bio: A military officer and pilot who has been sent to join the WDR in order to get inside the organization and spy on the sponsors who have a stranglehold on the nation. Winning is a side benefit
Stats:
(+1 armor,-5 arceleration. Overcharge: Route power from the engines to a single weapon system. (Engine offline that turn. +2 to damage.))
Powercore:[20/20hp| 144/170 E(0-60 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:15, Arceleration: d20-5, Max Speed:50] Fragile
Armor: D8 Hard to repair
Engine armor: Gives a +5 to any attack rolls directed at the engine
Energy shield: d7 dodge: 15 energy use
Auto repair system: [Uses 20 energy, Heals 0-5 hp on a succesfull search roll. Automatic]
Military recon sats: Can Pm the GM about incoming hazards. [Active targetting. Can spend N*10 energy to get a D(N) bonus to accuracy. Enemies recieve the same bonus against you]
Army saboteurs: Can submit any hazard to the GM(including location). The Gm will need to put it in. (Rebalancing may occur). Sadly you can fall into your own traps.
Harpoon gun [Range: 40, Energy use: 20, Acc:D6 Allows you to drag yourself forward or the enemy backward for 10 tiles/turn. 20% chance of linkbreak/turn. Also broken when out of range.  ]
Spoiler: Eartshaker missile (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Autocannons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Plasma gun (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"Ho hum there, Jack Dendy. It's been a while." Tyrin said over the intercom. He could see the Starhopper nearby, brimming with weaponry. In the distance were the faint streaks of light and smoke coming from the other competitors.

Well, the Rift was worth it. He swore he could see the startled faces of Imperial soldiers and Stormtroopers alike as his craft blazed through the area, gigantic turbofans sweeping dust, stray leaves and water everywhere. In his mind, a tiny voice was haranguing him for his performance.

No matter, the first lap was over.

PM

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Also, for your information, since there's not enough stuff blowing up.

You can fire all your weapons in one turn, though each weapon only one time.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can we fire all weapons and use abilities and aggressively drive? :3

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Can we fire all weapons and use abilities and aggressively drive? :3
You can fire all weapons and use abilities or use abilities and drive agressively.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

Connor flumped down, after being overtaken by Toaster, besides Monk pulling away. He wasn't sure what to do. At on stage, he was leading, and oh how glorious that was. Now, he was third, and a fair bit back too. Oh well, with Toaster around, literally anything can still happen.

PM'ed

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Okay, I got absolutely, completely confused by the layout of this fucking map. Where exactly am I with adwarf in relation to the other racers?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Okay, I got absolutely, completely confused by the layout of this fucking map. Where exactly am I with adwarf in relation to the other racers?
1 section behind, about to jump of the cliff.

Monk and Max were in front of you. The others used the rift to skip towards the start.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:22:45 am by 10ebbor10 »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Shit, I'm winning! That's like the worst place to be!

Turn PM'd

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Losing is worse, believe me. Losing because the mod doesn't bother to explain about three quarters of rules until specifically asked is even worse.

Pm'd.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Losing because the mod doesn't bother to explain about three quarters of rules until specifically asked is even worse.
Part of the fun. Also, I thought the worst part was...
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Losing is worse, believe me. Losing because the mod doesn't bother to explain about three quarters of rules until specifically asked is even worse.

Pm'd.
Now you know how I felt last race.

Wait, everything then was well explained.  :P

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Pm'd.
Now you know how I felt last race.

Wait, everything then was well explained.  :P
Well explained, then. I 'm pretty sure I tried to say as few as possible then. Besides, nothing is fatal yet. There's 5 laps left, and depending on how everyone does, the entire track might be changed.

There's the royal armory, which contains some suprises, and a whole lot of other things. I doubt anything is fatal right now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I'd just like to say that the Trousers of Time are awesome.

Oh well, with Toaster around, literally anything can still happen.

Just because my craft carries warnings about space-time continuum integrity does not mean I'm the instigator of all craziness.

Toaster cackled as he soared through the rift.  There was the strangest feeling of deja-vu and the distant sound of an explosion as the laser fire streaked around him, but the craft was unharmed.

He waved merrily as he passed one of his competitors and headed for the next lap.  He danced around and pushed a few buttons at random.

Turn PMed!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19