Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lovecraft the passion of murder. (Community Asylum)  (Read 1586 times)

Lovecraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lovecraft the passion of murder. (Community Asylum)
« on: May 04, 2012, 06:50:34 pm »

This is the latest and greatest in dwarven ingenuity. A noble of 'The Brilliant Hatchet', decided that instead of hammering or imprisoning poor insane dwarves, they should be put in an asylum. Not just an asylum though, an entire fortress dedicated to the task of holding these poor unfortunate souls. And where else should such a fortress be put than in the 'Jungles of Murk', so that not only will these dwarves cease to be a danger to society, they will also be protecting the world from the evils of the jungle.

Send your insane and unwanted here folks, to the fortress of 'Lovecraft the Passion of Murder'

Inmates available: 6
Male Miner
Male Carpenter
Male and Female Architect
Female Farmer
Male Noble

Lovecraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lovecraft the passion of murder. (Community Asylum)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 10:17:21 pm »

Journal of Lovecraft, 1st of Granite 331.

Hello there, this is my first entry in what I hope will be a short and boring journal. You see I have been chosen to be the warden at some gods-forsaken fortress in the middle of nowhere. Not so bad right, could be worse? Wrong! This a brand new spanking fortress fresh off the forge in the middle of a haunted jungle where the grass is made of eyeballs. Couldn't possibly be worse right? Wrong again. This fortress is going to be an asylum. That's right, a wacky shack, a coo coo hut. So I get to be one of the only sane men in this fort. I haven't bothered speaking with any of others yet, I want to retain the illusion that they were nice enough to send me with some people that haven't completely lost their marbles yet.

Journal of Lovecraft, 2nd of Granite 331.

Well it occured to me that we don't have any shelter yet so I managed to get the others to start digging us some lodgings with minimum fuss. I think it's because I'm the only one with sword. Also the eyeballs creep me out so I've had the animals pastured on some of them, it's kind of disturbing, watching a yak eat eyeballs off the ground, but hey at least they aren't staring at me anymore.

Lovecraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 10:26:37 pm »

Never mind folks forts off. Foul mist is a bitch.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 07:58:38 am »

Come on, let's start over again!

To that Providence, my sons, I hereby commend you, and I counsel you by way of caution to forbear from crossing the moor in those dark hours when the powers of evil are exalted.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 08:59:24 am »

I was actually planning to start an asylum story fort as soon as I could find the time! Great minds think alike, etc? Well if you're really giving up, I'll give it a go once I have a bit of time to get it properly started. Or we could each start one separately and see how our styles differ.

Lovecraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 11:00:56 am »

I'll try again in a different location, turns out huskifying gas appearing right on top of your dwarves is really bad. I made it to about day nine before my last surviving dwarves were eaten alive.