Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Roll to City State! - The Raid  (Read 7539 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to City State!
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 02:38:48 pm »

(( Are there any city-states besides the player controlled ones? Or at least some NPC villages? And if Iron city-states get +1 to combat, do Lumber states get +1 to construction?))
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 03:23:06 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Can't you hear the beating?
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 02:57:42 pm »

YEAR 1:

Having received the good news, Lord Dexo grinned cunningly. "Wonderful! Our pact is sealed then!"

Dexo Trades Iron for Cattle with Satto Satto!

With the food problem fixed for now, Dexo decrees the construction of a Barracks. No land is strong without units!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

If you enjoy my work, please view my website and also consider clicking the Patreon button! You might even be interested enough to pay me a little so I can keep living!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 08:25:58 pm »

Nomar Jalstren stood over the body of his fallen foe. He had been a good chief, but old and inflexible, unable change with the new world order. Those who claimed the land now would hold power over those who did not for generations to come. The old chief couldn't see that, for all his kindness and strength. A worthy man. A noble man. Jalstren had liked him- more, he had respected him, even loved him.

But there is only one way to become First Fist of the tribe.

"Do any here dispute that I, Nomar Jalstren, am First Fist of the tribe of the Bear God?" he shouted, raising his bloody spear over his head.

The only reply was the death rattle of the old chief.

"Very well then! Begin construction of a Barracks and a Hunter's Guild! We shall settle here- when the caribou leave, we will not follow!"
"But what will we eat, Jalstren?"
"We shall treat with the Alicians, whose food supplies are plentiful! We will share the bounty of the forest with them, in exchange for the fruit of the sea!"
"We are warriors!" one young man brashly proclaims, "We want no part of those decadent farmers!"
"There is plenty of work for warriors, even in these domestic times! Go forth and explore the surrounding lands- give a full accounting of our territory and our neighbors! We shall remain behind, to establish our holds and barracks, and to harvest our resources!"

Jalstren dramatically rams his spear into the ground.

"HERE! Here, we shall establish a city to honor our god, Timtalam!"

Year One FT (Founding of Timtalam)

Much later, Jalstren sat in a crude hut, the first building of the infant city. Before him, scrawled in an untutored hand, was his missive to the Alicians.

Lord General Pathor:
The men of Timtalam seek fair trade with the Alicians. We will supply you with Lumber, in exchange for Fish. Is this bargain acceptable?

Short, but it said what must be said. Without further embellishment, Jalstren summoned a messenger and set him towards Alicus.

- Build Barracks
- Build Hunter's Guild
- Propose Trade
- Explore

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 11:38:51 pm »

Some questions to be answered:

Lumber shortens build time by 1 turn.  Also necessary when we get to building ships.  Coal, I'm not sure what to do with that yet, what historical uses were there for coal?  You guys already have fire and basic heating, so I'm not sure here. 

You guys are right about the limited resources...I'll edit the original turn, I'll go with Errol's suggestion. 

As for maps...we'll see. 

« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:40:44 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 12:10:20 am »

THE 1ST GLORIOUS YEAR OF OUR BELOVED SUPREME RULER

His Excellency Kim Jong Un stands on the balcony of his palace balcony. He looks thoughtfully out to the horizon, whilst chomping on a cooked turkeys leg. As he devours it, he orders for another to be brought to him. Much to his dismay, that was the last leg. He gives his first order,
Build Great Korean Barracks!

He realizes an alliance would greatly help Korea out in the long term.

Dear Lord General Pathor,

Greetings from The Peoples Great Democratic Republic of Korea! I have taken note of your most honorable Alicus citizens producing abudant amounts of food. I give you three offers: First, we trade your food for my gold; Second, you supply Korea with food, and we will send soldiers to both protect and carry out duties for your kingdom. Lastly, we could just trade and form a military alliance.
Your comrade,

Most Honorable Chairman Kim Jong Un

Send this letter.

Kim Jong Un decides he should start training even before the Barracks are complete.
Begin preemptive training of troops.

Lastly, Un orders for a Clinic.
Begin working on a Clinic.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 12:58:40 am »

Training without a barracks will get you the weakest unit in-game, that I've just thought of.  A militia man. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 01:19:34 am »

Training without a barracks will get you the weakest unit in-game, that I've just thought of.  A militia man.

I thought I would give them training, then they could upgrade to better warriors in the barracks.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 03:15:40 am »

That is true.  You can do that, I suppose.  Take a turn longer to train them though. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 09:30:16 am »

Lord General Pathor looked at the missives waiting on his desk. Hm. Lumber and gold, eh? Well, we certainly aren't going to be using all of what we have right now. Accept both trade offers. Trade wheat to Timtalan and fish to Korea.

With a snap of his fingers he summoned a scribe to this side. "Take this down and send it to Karatungard. Esteemed Lord Dexo. In the interest of making sure your nations bellies are filled and you have spare grain to save up in case of famine I would like to offer a trade of grain for the ore in your hills." He waved the scribe away, knowing his order would be carried out immediately.

Now, to matters of state security. Order a barracks to be built.

((So that should be 3 moves with one trade move pending, dependent on whether Lord Dexo agrees or not, right?))
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 10:49:58 am »

Okay...I need everyone to use up ALL their actions. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Can't you hear the beating?
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2012, 10:53:15 am »

YEAR 1:

Lord Dexo finds that he still have some time left of the year, and starts training some of his men for combat..

He then sends a scout group out to explore,

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

If you enjoy my work, please view my website and also consider clicking the Patreon button! You might even be interested enough to pay me a little so I can keep living!

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2012, 05:43:20 pm »

Having received no response from Lord Dexo regarding his proposed trade Lord General Pathor initiates the construction of a Great Hall. Hopefully Lord Dexo will be courteous enough to send us a response next year once the winter snow has begun to thaw.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2012, 09:06:10 pm »

Year One FT (Founding of Timtalam)

Nomar Jalstren accepts the proposed Wheat for Lumber Exchange. That done, he sits back and watches the buildings go up.

Resources: 1 Wheat, 2 Lumber, 3 Coal

As far as historical uses for Coal, you either burn it for heat or fuel (which might increase happiness since people are warmer in winter, or boost production somehow,) or if it is particularly high-grade coal you make really good steel with it. And... that's pretty much it for this tech level, unless Steampunk shenanigans go down.

Also, Barracks and Hunter's Guild each take 2 turns to build normally- since I have lumber, does that mean they'll be done next year?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 03:06:34 am »

Monk12: Yep.  An easier access to lumber = increased construction and less hassle int the building process. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 09:02:39 am »

Has Errol posted all four actions yet?  My brains all fogged up, and I'm worried I might miss something. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5