Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: On the Pauli Exclusion Principle in Regards to Stone and Items in General...  (Read 3526 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

Well, socks and other things made of organic material should be either compostable or else flammable. 

Likewise just having a "throw this away somewhere off-map" shouldn't require Army Arc. 

In real life, we have landfills or litter when we consider anything out of sight to be out of mind.  Dwarves don't strike me as the environmentally conscious type, either.  Just have a task where dwarves go beyond the edge of the map, wait a couple hundred frames, then return sans item to dump. 
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

I like that idea NW.  Actually it might help to make the local Elves (or any other race with [TREE_CAP_DIPLOMACY]) to get upset if you do this too often.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd much rather dump it down the caverns.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

I like that idea NW.  Actually it might help to make the local Elves (or any other race with [TREE_CAP_DIPLOMACY]) to get upset if you do this too often.
Oh good Lord, we're already cuttin' down their precious freakin' trees, now we're leavin' shit in the ground?
Sign me up!
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile

I have to say I love the idea of having a garbage dump that can compact into walls. They should retain a few items in memory though so you can "shift" through the garbage and find stuff that was once placed there. Would be perfect for adventure mode or reclaims where you're really scraping together to survive. 
Dumping things outside of the map I can't say I'm totally for. I like the world to feel like it's more than just the square I'm colonising. I suppose you could have a "Sim City-esce" system where you offload garbage onto the Hill Dwarves and let those buggers sort it out.

I imagine garbage would be a serious for a group of people living underground. I suppose the best thing to do is to dig a hole, throw some garbage in it and cover it back up and move on.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

Actually, composting what you can would be the best solution for people underground... those plump helmets need to grow on SOMETHING, but as long as Improved Farming isn't around, rotting clothing and animal waste parts is just trash to be landfilled.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 [2]