Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Necromancer Madness!  (Read 2310 times)

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer Madness!
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 12:45:17 am »

First off, this is my first time posting, I've been playing DF for about a month now, i'm obsessed haha! I love it, i'm still learning alot, I havn't found my first magma yet =(, also still figuring out the best way to get a steady animal production going.  Anywho...

So when I see cow hair rise up and attack my dwarves, does that mean a necromancer is there?  Also I kill those things but more things keep rising up to attack, every time this happens my fortress is basically screwed, and I can never find the necromancer himself....Do they keep re-rising up after I kill them?
welcome to the end of your social life, have a nice time, and a tip for the magma, dig deeper, and dont touch the blue stuff
The anwser to life, the universe, and everything as we know it is -MAGMA-

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 02:04:40 am »

welcome to the end of your social life, have a nice time, and a tip for the magma, dig deeper, and dont touch the blue stuff
It's the blue stuff /endpedantism
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 02:27:18 am »

are necros trap avoid when ambushing?
No. I've caught them in cage traps, and I assume they'll trigger weapon traps too.

shouldn't they get revealed if they fall?
Stealth is only broken if a creature is spotted, caged or killed. It's possible for a hidden creature to get injured by a trap and leave a trail of blood but remain hidden.

Tolisk

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGRY_MAMMOTH=TRUE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 03:43:41 am »

Stealth is only broken if a creature is spotted, caged or killed. It's possible for a hidden creature to get injured by a trap and leave a trail of blood but remain hidden.
You cant see enemys covered in blood with big blood trails on them, sounds legit.
In the grim darkness of DF, there can be only FUN

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 03:53:17 am »

You cant see enemys covered in blood with big blood trails on them, sounds legit.
Someone's infiltrated your fortress.  A weapon trap alerted the fort of the intruder.
But by the time the Dwarves arrived, the only signs of disturbance left behind was a blood trail... Leading towards the refuse stockpile.

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 04:00:55 am »

I usually dig a carrion pit by channelling out a square of land open to the sky, building a stair at one end, then build a wall around it. Chaining dogs or something at the top of the stairs stops the necromancer getting down there and he can't see over the wall. Ideally get rid of the stairs and link it to your fort by a tunnel, just remember to build some defences in the tunnel in case you get a hawkman or, Armok forbid, a dragon fly down your pit and into your fort!

Also a few traps near, but not exactly on, the corners of your wall work well as critters path into the wall then wonder along it looking for a way around. 
Pages: 1 [2]