Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Space Prospector - Turn 4: Yar har diddly dar....  (Read 9430 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Space Prospector - High Risk, High Pay
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2012, 09:07:39 pm »

Spoiler: Spaaaaace (click to show/hide)

How does this look? I added the starting station and a few random stars.

I could also make the color whiter for cells that are explored.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

ComradeGafarov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2012, 09:14:02 pm »

I can't see any images in mobile mode, so I'll just say it looks good.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2012, 09:23:13 pm »

I can't see any images in mobile mode, so I'll just say it looks good.

Ha. What if I posted its URL? I'm unfamiliar with cell phones, so sorry if this is a stupid question.  :P

"Edit" Actually, I just realized it was a stupid question. You could easily figure out the url by quoting me.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 09:25:17 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

ComradeGafarov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2012, 09:30:31 pm »

Quoting is a bit hard for me too, but I'll figure something out.
Don't let something like me slow your game down.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2012, 09:37:30 pm »

Quoting is a bit hard for me too, but I'll figure something out.
Don't let something like me slow your game down.

Well, funny enough, I need your completed sign up sheet to start, since you're each splitting the ship by 1/3.

Also, laziness is going to slow this down a lot more than copy pasting a url.

On that note : http://tnypic.net/71889.jpg
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 09:39:22 pm by Orb »

ComradeGafarov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2012, 11:23:40 pm »

Oh sorry bout that

Oscar Gafarov
After being exiled from the Eastern Bloc for massive instigation of cross-country conflict, took the nearest Soyuz rocket off that insipid wasteland in search of great profits in interplanetary prospecting.
Gunslinger
Engineer
1/3 of a modified Scout Ship
Tool Kit
Drill
Total Cost of 9666

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2012, 02:02:51 pm »

After my friend pointed it out, I realized the Ship Navigator skill wasn't quite updated with all the other content I created. So its been tweaked a little.

Jeff's Illusionist has also been buffed slightly.

RoryTehNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2012, 02:05:40 pm »

Well I'm going it alone apparently.
Name: Yror Lebuarts
Skills:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Purchases:

Note: If anyone else joins I'd be happy to join up for a better ship!

Signatures are displayed at teh bottom of each post or personal message.

Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 379

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2012, 07:47:34 pm »

Going to start generating the map. Any particular colors you guy's want your spaceship to be?

I'm also considering making a rudimentary map for planets. Hm.

ComradeGafarov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2012, 07:57:24 pm »

Red. If everyone else disagrees, I still want at least my third of the ship painted red.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2012, 08:41:48 pm »

I have 500 cells to randomize. I only got 50 done within a half hour. I got a long road ahead of me. May take a bit longer.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2012, 06:33:39 am »

rorytehnoob i will split a ship with you i am a the caption though
name 'ashmane'
bio leaving the navy from experience as a frigate pilot i diecided to go join up with someone andgo exploring
skills gunslinger captain
ship 1/2 zero k scout shared with teh noob 6.5K
lazer pistol 0.6K
plasma sowrd 0.9K
borading tube 1.5K
explocives 0.5K
total 10000
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2012, 07:09:03 am »

In

Name: Barbara "Black Panther" Carpenter
Traits: Captain, Space Pirate
Equipment:Mundo's Tug! , Laser Battery, Boarding Tube, Laser Pistol: 400 cash

Yes, I am going solo)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2012, 08:15:41 am »

you will die mabye
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2012, 12:49:26 pm »

Unfortunately, RoryTehNoob can not afford to pay 6.5k for his half of the ship, if he agreed to split. You may want to offer to split the Prospector's Explorer, so he can still afford his equipment layout.

Also, may I ask you make sure you're spelling is correct, and you include punctuation? I'm not typically OCD about such things, but it does help me understand you better, and improves the way you present yourself on the internet.

An easy way to do this is to get Firefox, which has a built in spell checker.

Also, some clarifications. I've been trying to decide if I'll include traders, for space piracy. I didn't think about it while generating the map(which should be done by today), so I'll opt them out. Instead, you will get to steal 'pirate ships', sort of an anti-piracy sort of thing. You get to keep the ship, and the bounty.

If I ever ran this again, I'll probably add in more aspects, such as trading.

Attacking pirate ships, will be, of course, very dangerous. ;)

I may add a few items at game start that relate to 'piracy', seeing as I forgot it as a feature. You can redo your spending at that moment if you wish to do so.

Damage system will depend on the weapon being used and its accuracy roll. A 10 will be a critical hit, ect. So while some weapons have bonus to accuracy, they may not do as much damage. Plasma is obviously better than lasers.

Armor is not included initially. Likely, there will be alien artifacts that reduce or outright nullify some types of attacks(For instance, mirror plated armor that bends easily with your body. It can reflect up to 3 laser hits and reduces further laser damage).

This is also reflected in ship combat. The more combat oriented your ship, the better it can sustain damage. A destroyer will outlast a Jeff's Illusionist, but Jeff's illusionist will outlast a Zero-K Scout.

The reason there are no hard numbers in combat is so I have a bit more liberty to describe combat.

Fleets are possible. Later, I plan to have AI cores that can run other ships for you.

For ship guns, you can only have 1 per ship. Future ships or alien artifacts may alleviate this restriction. I'll have to decide on that later.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 12:51:18 pm by Orb »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9