Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Space Prospector - Turn 4: Yar har diddly dar....  (Read 9419 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Space Prospector - Turn 1: A New Sector to Explore!
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2012, 09:11:08 pm »

As for pacing, I will likely give 24hrs-ish for everyone to post per turn.

Also, last two sign ups: You could easily combine your funds for a Prospector's Explorer, with 6k leftover for each of you. The fact that you each got a comm monitor means you only have to buy 1, so that leaves 7.5k leftover. I mention this because I haven't fleshed out any NPC mechanics. I do approve of creativity in actions(such as asking for rumors, which is totally feasible)

"Edit" I just did bad math. Pfffff.

Its actually 6k leftover without any ship equipment, and with just one comm monitor, 4.5k.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:24:46 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2012, 09:16:08 pm »

I have no opinion on where we go... I'm the doctor and alien greeter, not the captain. To infinity, and beyond!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2012, 09:46:13 pm »

Well, failing your input, I propose we move to the star past the nebula, K15.  Navigate to avoid said nebula.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2012, 11:13:30 pm »

im curious about these anomalies/nebulae toaster is so keen to avoid

what kind of rolls would i have to pass in order to successfully navigate them and what kind of riches can i look forward to finding?
space monsters?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

ComradeGafarov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2012, 11:28:28 pm »

Drive straight through the nebula.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2012, 12:30:00 am »

Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger(M14) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: action (click to show/hide)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2012, 01:12:33 am »

Pariah you heard the gm! Lets combine our mechs so we can defeat the ultra bos- wrong game. Anyway I agree with Gm, lets combine our funding / character ties.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2012, 01:32:53 am »

sure why not, if i drop my cryo pods (2.5K) and my comms (3k) that's my half of the ship bought and i can get a laser rifle as well.

guess ill have to change my action then.

bet 200 rupees on interstellar horse racing

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:48:57 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2012, 04:04:06 am »

my spelling sucks normaly so dont worry this is my second forum game though so i may play a little on the safe side
revised items
the crap tug 6k
lazer battery 1.2k
plasma sword 0.9k
lazer pistol 0.7k
simpack and explosives 1k
200 left
same skills and other
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2012, 06:14:46 am »

im curious about these anomalies/nebulae toaster is so keen to avoid

what kind of rolls would i have to pass in order to successfully navigate them and what kind of riches can i look forward to finding?
space monsters?

Perhaps, perhaps.  ;)

As I said, Nebula are the least dangerous. Complete destruction is not possible on the first passage through, but accumulation of damage can. A good roll will get you through without damage.
 I've actually left you guy's mostly in the dark for the mechanics of the game. I want to encourage risk taking, exploration, but at the same time, smart thinking.

Also, killerhellhound, that sign up works. You can post your turn now.

Finely, I'll need a consensus from Toaster/Comrade. Or maybe Maldevious can throw in his vote. If no consensus is made, I'll just roll a die. Also, a clarification: Comrade, do you want to move through the nebula, or just enter it? Moving through would let you detect any riches inside it(or encounter any dangers), but you wouldn't be able to capitalize on the riches next turn since you would be outside the nebula.

Another Clarification: If this wasn't completely clear before, I'll say it blankly now. Once you have entered and scanned a star system(aka, found info on its planets, at the end of your turn), you can warp back to it at any point in the game, within reason. This includes any other celestial body, and stations. You can transmit the 'planet' info to another player, which would allow him to instantaneously jump to that location. Otherwise, they will have to go at subwarp speeds in order to reach the star.

So, right now the only system you can warp to is the station you're on. I didn't list it on your profiles because I didn't see a point of it.

Optionally, once you enter and scan a system's planets, you can name the star system.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2012, 02:18:57 pm »

I'm going to be writing up the turn in 1hr, so anyone who hasn't posted their turn do so now.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2012, 02:20:05 pm »

Continue zee search for information, must find out if there is any treasurehunt planets ready to go to.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2012, 03:52:22 pm »

Turn 2

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

A mistake on the map

I forgot to include a certain space phenomenon. While it doesn't affect you much(there was nothing there in the first place), you now know there is indeed nothing occupying those spots from the first map.

~~~~~~~~~~
Toaster/Maldevious/Comrade Gafarov

Randomizing Turn Input

You drive straight though the nebula. Exploration and all that jazz, right?

Spoiler: Mechanics Reveal! (click to show/hide)

The nebula is very pretty. And nothing tries to kill you. A job well done! You don't find anything though.

You continue on to K15. A close scan reveals no planets orbiting this star.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
RoryTehNoob

You move one space up. For GLOOOOOOOOOORY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ukrainian Ranger

You arrive at N15 safely.

Unfortunately, this star does not have planets either.  >:(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unholy Pariah

You bet 200 credits on a space horse race, relishing in your human heritage.

For humans have always raced horses. Seahorses. Flying horses. And now, with mastery of space, comes space horses. They don't actually particularly look like horses, but these jockeys are still a prime spectator sport.

-200 credits

Didn't your mother ever tell you not to gamble?

(I gave you a 30% chance to double it, FYI. What? No one ever said gambling was a fair sport, especially in spaaaaace).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zecro_The_Scourge

You go sniffing for rumors.

You hear about disappearing explorers at N14. They enter the planet's atmosphere and never come back up. Of course, they're just rumors. Someone probably discovered great riches and doesn't want anyone to take it from him. But who knows, rumors. Rumors.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No order from killerhellhound

-----------------------------------------

Zecro/Unholy Pariah: One of you is paying 1/2 the Prospector's Explorer and the other is paying 1/3, based on your profiles. Using my infinite knowledge and wisdom of math, I deduced that did not equal 1. Sort out payment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Profiles

Spoiler: Toaster(K15) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maldevious(K15) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Comrade Gafarov(K15) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RoryTehNoob(M13) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger(N15) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:29:04 pm by Orb »

RoryTehNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup
    • View Profile
Re: Space Prospector - Turn 2: For GLOOOORY
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2012, 04:01:24 pm »

Faster than the speed of the Giant Space Snail! More shiny than the Mud Nebula! Yror's poop-colored Tilde moves victoriously to the South-East!
Signatures are displayed at teh bottom of each post or personal message.

Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 379

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Prospector - Turn 2: For GLOOOORY
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2012, 04:03:45 pm »

Unholy pariah gets to sort out our payment(s).

To the tavern! We must spread litanies of joy and happiness about this location we discovered, by the time we're done we shall have contingents of meatshields charging the planet for us.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9